Next Thread
Print Thread
#160310 09/28/08 06:35 AM
M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
It's a lazy sunny afternoon, a perfect day to sit on the couch with a laptop and read a cozy, comfortable, familiar fic. My choice was Caroline K.'s Field of Dreams . What are your comfort fics?

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Top Banana
Top Banana
That’s almost not fair, my answer got taken before I could even start. When I read your question, my very first thought was also “Field of Dreams” even before I read your answer. So, I'll also add my next thoughts as well.

So, the next ones that come to mind are some of Wendy’s shorts. I’d say that “In His Eyes” and “Just A Little Experiment” are probably my favorites in this category. However, I love the “Yesterday” letter series.

I love these types of stories and would love to learn of some that I haven't found yet.

Bob

Columnist
Columnist
For me a comfort fic is one that I can get lost in, so I like them to be long. Wendy's or Sue's or ML's Yellow Fever are usually my go to fics.

Top Banana
Top Banana
My comfort fics are:

ML Thompson's Disruptions in Time

Kathy Brown's Momentum

Shayne Terry's Duet

and many more... (usually medium-length / long stories with lots of LnC relationship evolution and maybe some time travel / elseworlds thrown in)

In a year or so, ML Thompson's There\'s No Place Like Home will definitely be in my list of familiar settle-in-with fics smile
wave

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
My comforts are either Alternate Beginnings fics or Alternate Universe fics. My three favs right now are Stardust, Long Strange Trip, and Addicted.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I admit it - I have a *lot* of comfort fics.

Some Kind Of Angel by Chris Carr

Tea Totaled by Annie M & Kathy Brown. I could also list another 10 fics by these two authors, but I shall resist. Suffice it to say that they both do WaFF very well.

An Affair To Remember by David

LOST AND FOUND by Jeff Brogden

MEET ME IN KANSAS CITY by Chris Mulder

Any Time at All by Janet Owens (aka TicAndToc)

The "Matter of Destiny" series by ML Thompson. Again, I shall resist adding more of ML's stories.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm not sure actually, but I think it's Nan's Home series.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I loved this list. smile1 I have mostly worked through the stories already identified and was hoping to evoke some more. Here are a few more of my favorites:

The Accidental Husband by Erin Klingler

Tryst by Pam Jernigan

and some recent stories that I have enjoyed...

Cupid\'s Drop Box by LaraMoon

Somewhere... by Poussin

I would love to see some other suggestions / ideas. hyper

Bob

Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
Off the top of my head, I'll say one of my very favorites in, "This Magic Moment," by Stopquitdont. I still wish a sequel would be written to it! :)Hint, hint, Stopquitdont. smile

http://www.lcfanfic.com/stories/2002/magicmo.txt

Mona

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard