Next Thread
Print Thread
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
I'm having a hard time coming up with a good example from the show but... here we go smile .

Let's go with HG Wells when he tells Alt-Clark never say impossible or whatever when talking about finding Alt-Lois in Lois and Clarks [or whichever ep it was] so Alt-Lois is still alive.

Two scenarios:

Alt-Lois [1997] goes back to Alt-Lois [1993] and convinces her not to go to the Congo so Alt-Lois stays in Metropolis. I know this would set in motion a new timeline or possibly a new universe or whatever but that's not the point. What I want to know is if Alt-Lois [1993] will actually remember the conversation or will she just have a very strong 'gut' feeling that she shouldn't go? She's actually seen 'herself' or whatever [like BttFII Marty/Doc avoiding BttFI Marty/Doc so they don't meet themselves.]

Lois [1997] goes back to Alt-Lois [1993] and convinces her not to go to the Congo. Here it's a different Lois meeting her - like Clark and Alt-Clark meeting in Lois and Clarks. There wouldn't be any reason for them not to remember it because it's not really the same person.

Does that make any sense at all?

So if you go back in time and talk to yourself - but don't change the timeline - do you remember it [the younger you not the older you]? If you go back and *do* change the timeline - do you remember it [the younger you not the older you]? If the you from another universe talks to you - regardless of timeline - older, younger, etc - you would remember it though, because it's not really you - right?

Am I making anyone else's head spin?

TIA smile .
Carol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oy. Carol. First ML and now you?

Off the top of my head I'd say, both L-1993 and L-1997 will remember. But when the timeline changes enough to no longer warrant the timetravel in the first place, L-1997 will go bye-bye or down ML's split-universe theory. Unless she knows to come back none the less.

Michael, who is presently trying to keep his food down after reading the first post dizzy

/me has to study up on temporal mechanics at Time-U. Need to do my own Tempus thing one day angel-devil

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ignore me. Brain spasm.

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
It certainly solves my issues with why there was a bed in the main suite in the teaser and suddenly a separate bedroom in the rest of the episode...
Of course. The writers planned it that way for the truly intelligent viewers like you, Labby, who notice things like that.

Speaking of bridges, I've just obtained the title to a very famous one in the city of New York...

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/whispers wrong thread labby and terry wink

Carol /giggles

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yeah, I've just this second realised that. laugh I was in the other thread thinking, hang on, where'd my post go...

:rolleyes:

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
I was wondering what being in the Honeymoon Suite had to do with talking to yourself.

Though /shudder - that could bring up an... interesting storyline or two, depending on what exactly was happening in the Suite at the time...

Carol wink

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard