Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#160225 09/12/08 05:00 AM
ErinK Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
My 15-year-old daughter has just discovered L&C and loves it (I'm a happy mom now! smile ) and she is interested in reading some funny fanfics.

I would love a bunch of recommendations! She recently read CC's "Something the Cat Dragged In" and the fic called "Naked Truth" (she loved both those), but I'm sure there are some true gems out there that aren't on the archive's Kerths list. I downloaded "Quick Change" for her, which I'm sure she'll love. But what else? Anything you love that really makes you laugh that you could pass along?

Keep in mind she's 15, so I don't really want to pass along anything loaded with innuendos or anything too suggestive. (I don't want to give her any ideas when she starts dating in 4 months. grumble but I'll work on her. wink In the meantime, I'll be satisifed she's showing an interest in anything L&C. It's fun to have a DVD L&C marathon buddy. laugh

Thanks for any suggestions you have!

~~Erin

I often feel sorry for people who don't read good books; they are missing a chance to lead an extra life. ~ Scott Corbett ~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That's great, Erin! A new FOLC! smile1

Off the top of my head I recommend:

Monster Night Fright by Catherine Bruce

Lois and Clark and there Children by Queen of the Capes.

Andreia cool

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Here are a couple of my favorites:
FoLCs in the Mist by Mary Potts, aka Queen of the Capes. This is a good introduction to what she's getting into as a FoLC, reader and/or writer.

The Great Blankie Caper by DocJill and Catherine Bruce. Crack!fic at its best

Now, Hold on a Minute Here! by Kathy Brown. A funny episode extension challenge fic.

Galactically Stupid - The Whole Story by ML Thompson. A hilarious series of deleted scenes from Season 1

Super Beta Readers also by ML Thompson. More about writing fanfic than about Lois and Clark, but still funny.

Zombies Ate My Homework by Paul-Gabriel Wiener aka Hatman. Actually, there are quite a few funny stories written by Paul.

Well, those are the ones that came immediately to mind. I hope she enjoys them. There are more WaFFy or angsty stories that still have a lot of humor, so have fun exploring. Happy reading!

Brenda

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Alicia's DuckyMan

Kathryn Ann Kent's 48 Hours Without Superman

Ultrawoman Lane's The Revenge of UltraWoman

I'll throw in my own Loispunzel And The Prince since writing pure comedy was such a rarity for me. wink

Tank has written some good comedies over the years and Paul is worth checking out, too - BJ beat me to Zombies. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
May I timidly suggest Kitchen Crusade by me? http://lcfanfic.com/stories/2005/kitchenc.txt

Also, A Walk in the Dark, also by me. http://lcfanfic.com/stories/2001/walkin.txt The others I would recommend have already been suggested. I highly endorse Paul-Gabriel's Zombies Ate My Homework.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
And don't miss one of my favorites, What\'s Bugging You? (or, for that matter, many of the other stories written by Queen of the Capes ).
clap

'Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Erin!

Congrats on getting your daughter hooked wink

Something short, funny, and perhaps even light on the waff? You sure don't make it easy suggesting things, especially with the list already posted.

*Big sigh* Okay, I'll link my stories, merely because they're vignettes and written with the intention of being funny (I did get told on occasion that I write a mean Mad Dog Lane). Every other story that springs to mind right now is mainly waffy ( The Kiss Off , by CC and another author I can't remember right now... K-something, I think wink ), long (Again, "The Kiss Off"), or probably too suggestive ( Time for Two by Lara Joelle Kent).

Oh, wait, how about the The Costume Controversy by the same unnamed author?

So, my vignettes are
The Birthday Present (It does feature a PG-13-naked Mayson and a cat-fight)
Batman, Zorro, and Other Liars

Michael smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Personally, I'll tell anyone who sits still long enough about Is He, Or Is He Not? by Bella. Lois thinks Clark and Superman are a couple, Clark thinks Lois knows his secret, and they have a double-conversation that is so hilarious. I must have read it and reread it a dozen times, and I still love it. rotflol

~•~
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Another solution would be to go to the Kerth history page, pick a year, find the nominees and winners for each category, and start having some real fun. I've done that several times, and I've never been disappointed.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Phero-Moan My Lovely by Mary Potts aka Queen of the Capes is one of my favorites. It might make your daughter appreciate the fact that you, Erin, her mother, isn't so giddily in love with your husband that... well, I'll ask your daughter to read the story for herself!

And I agree with those who say that any story by Mary Potts, Queen of the Capes, is just delightfully funny!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
blush (aww, thanks, guys)

~•~
Top Banana
Top Banana
May I second the recommendation for 48 Hours Without a Superman , and also mention that the link in Labrat's post takes me to another story. huh Hopefully the link I've provided works.

Also, as others have mentioned, just about any story by Paul (Hatman) or Mary (Queen of the Capes).

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for fixing that, Vicki. I'd originally included Quick Change in my list, noted just before posting that Erin had already mentioned it and edited it out. I must have screwed up the links when I was deleting that bit.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just thought of another one: The Ultimate Drug by Hazel

Michael smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
ErinK Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Everyone, THANK YOU! This is a great list! I can't wait to read these myself. thumbsup

Thanks!!

~~Erin

I often feel sorry for people who don't read good books; they are missing a chance to lead an extra life. ~ Scott Corbett ~
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
I know I'm late in responding, but I've been swamped lately and so haven't been around here much. But I just couldn't let this thread go without mentioning one of my favorite comedies. It's an oldie but a goodie.

Three Capes To The Wind

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I'm stunned that no one has suggested Tea Totaled by Annie M and Kathy Brown. It was good enough to win the 2004 Kerth, so it can't be too bad.

I understand not wanting to give an almost 16-year-old ideas, Erin, but my parenting experience has been that by the time they're sixteen, it's way too late to keep those ideas out. I wish you the best with the daughter dating thing. It's going to be fun for both of you.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Kerth
Kerth
I was going to suggest anything by Mary Potts, but since that has already happened... *sigh*

How about Sue's Proof Series? You'll find the various titles here

Or how about Lois\' Cooking Diary by Supermom?

Or... if your daughter is a little into this whole Batman thing: A Sister Would Know by LaraMoon. Of course, there are sequels...

Or Robitussin by JenD? Just my two cents worth of stories. smile

EDIT: I totally forgot Ann's The The Adventures of Clara Ellen Lane . Unfortunately, it's not on the archive, but that doesn't matter much, does it? *g*

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Kerth
Kerth
Thought of another one last night: Nan's A Tasteful Lesson . It may even get her hooked on Nan's whole Dagger Series, who knows?

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Like a Red Rock to a Superman by Wendy Richards, Pam Jernigan and Sara Kraft.

One of my favorite fics for a good laugh =)

Sara "Lieta"

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard