Print Thread
#160102 08/17/08 06:50 PM
Z
Zoar3 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Z
Could someone please tell me the name of the episode in which Clark created a hologram of himself standing alongside Superman do dispend rumor among the public that the two were one and the same. Also, how did he (and if I remember correctly, Martha), do it?

Thanks smile

Mona

#160103 08/17/08 06:52 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
The episode was "Top Copy." Martha had used a laser to create an art sculpture, but I have no idea how she made an image of Superman that moved and seemed to speak.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
#160104 08/19/08 07:03 AM
Z
Zoar3 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Z
Thanks, Sheilah. smile

Mona

#160105 08/19/08 11:15 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mona!

So how did it work? The little demo in the barn used a smoke filled glass container on which the laser *painted* the image. Basically just like a laser pointer works.

How it work in front of the Planet? Easy: They took a monochromatic laser, no smoke and pulled off a solid, full-color projection of Superman, including the sound. Common entertainment technology in the mid-nineties, right next to the replicator in the kitchen. $99.95 at the Costmart near you.

No, but seriously. Just take the laser holo-projector, have the computer render the images you want to project, and hit play. Just make sure the whole contraption has a perfectly still surface to stand on and adjust the beam's telemetry as needed.

I hope this helps, Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#160106 08/19/08 01:47 PM
Z
Zoar3 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Z
Hi Michael smile

Thank you. smile I am not sure I understand all the technical terms but I got the gist. smile Jonathan was right in that this was not something your typical farmer ventured into. And lol to your saying
$99.95 at the Costmart near you.
Back to the question so if someone generated the image and audio they wanted on a computer, they could transfer it somehow to the laser halo projector thing and that would do it. I'd gather and (hope for my fic's sake) that perhaps even with the aid of fancy stereo equipment, this could all be preset to go off?

I'm looking for something like back in the days of Scooby Doo, Where Are You? where the monster image and accompanying audio were often flashed/beamed down at specific times/ or perhaps on a motion sensor. I'll have to write more of the story first and get to that point.

Thanks again,
Mona

#160107 08/20/08 11:10 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mona, glad I could help.

The recording, yeah, this could work. But it wouldn't be transferred from the computer to the laser, but rather the computer would control the laser during the playback smile

Looking forward to that story, Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard