Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#159677 07/02/08 12:04 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
On another site someone posted a Round Robin based on someone else's challenge which basically asked for a character to discover that his or her parents were extremely evil, and the character's reaction to it.

I posted my own response, a 100-word drabble with five nightmare parents for one of the characters, and promptly got a review from the guy who had posted the round robin and felt that it didn't meet the terms of the original challenge, and that he'd delete my chapter if I didn't modify it.

So I took another look at the challenge and I pretty much disagree - amongst other reasons, the parents mentioned in my drabble included Hitler, Scrappy-Doo and the US President of your choice - but I really can't be bothered to argue.

So I deleted it from the round robin and posted it as a stand-alone story. Does this seem the best response?

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#159678 07/02/08 12:22 PM
Columnist
Columnist
I posted my own response, a 100-word drabble with five nightmare parents for one of the characters, and promptly got a review from the guy who had posted the round robin and felt that it didn't meet the terms of the original challenge, and that he'd delete my chapter if I didn't modify it.
Sounds like quite the control freak! I would have done the same thing you did, posting it as a stand alone story.

#159679 07/02/08 03:35 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sounds reasonable to me, Marcus. Doesn't seem like your other author is going to be reasonable about it, so, as you note, there seems little point in continuing with it on his terms.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#159680 07/03/08 05:50 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What are the links for the Round Robin and your story? I'd be interested in reading them.

And yes, I think you did the right thing.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#159681 07/04/08 01:37 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
The original round robin (for Buffy and various other fandoms) is here - can't say I've much liked any of the stories so far, it doesn't seem to have bought out any particularly good authors and most of them seem to rely on a detailed knowledge of characters from fandoms I don't know.

My response is here.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#159682 07/06/08 11:37 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"It's very simple," said the President. "Due to a mishap with a condom, I am your father, Xander."
"Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!"
rotflol There is bound to be some little 'Clintons' out there somewhere (besides Chelsea, that is).

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard