Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#158610 02/25/08 03:35 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Adding my thanks for Labby's her hard work and dedication. smile

Carol, CG wasn't saying that your email wasn't working, she was just offering a possible suggestion as to why you hadn't gotten Labby's email. It's a simple fact that, just as with "snail" mail, sometimes email goes missing. Where it wanders off to the nether reaches of cyber-space, I have no idea, but certainly I've run into occasions where I know I've sent someone email, yet they never receive it. And vice versa. It doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the email address or account.

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#158611 02/25/08 05:04 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
labrat posted earlier:

I don't think I sent you an email - I don't remember your name being on the list I was given.
She then checked a second time and said that my name was on the list but that she didn't think she'd sent me an e-mail. I assumed that was the end of it.

But then CG made a suggestion which, as it turns out, doesn't apply here which is what I explained in my post. It was good of CG to take an interest, however.

Kathy and CC, it could also be that the e-mails from Labrat's end didn't all deliver, although I would think she'd have got notice of those that bounced. You're making me feel like the bad guy here:) But honestly, I do check the spam features on my e-mail, etc. smile

c.

#158612 02/25/08 06:37 AM
C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
Okay! Truce! I'm sorry for re-kindling the dying sparks over this issue! laugh

BOTTOMLINE : Authors who want to post stories to the archive please do so and don't worry/wait for PMs, E-Mails and other messages to be delivered to you personally and worry over missed/delayed/lost messages. smile
(Oh, BTW that should have been Labby's line. I'm just borrowing it since it seems I've been the one poking my rather long nose in this matter!)

And nobody's the bad guy!!! And definitely, NOT me! eek I NEVER meant it that way! laugh

Oh, and Labby, I really appreciate and am wonderstruck over your hard-work and organization in running the archive!
clap clap clap clap clap
Great job, and please don't worry over unreceived EMails LOST DUE TO INTERNET FACTORS!

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time
#158613 02/25/08 07:43 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
You're making me feel like the bad guy here:)
Carol, this isn't what I'm meaning to do at all. Perhaps I'm not explaining myself well.

I know that Labby said that she hadn't thought you were on her list. I was responding strictly to your comment that you didn't think there was anything wrong with your email. And I'm not saying that there is.

My point is that no matter how often you confirm your spam filters, check your Junk Email folder, etc., there can be times when an email is sent by Person A that Person B never receives. Person A hasn't done anything wrong, Person B hasn't done anything wrong. But for some reason, this email doesn't show up. And Person A would not necessarily receive a bounce-back notice. This has happened - both with mail to me and from me - more than once. I have no explanation for it, but only that the situation can occur.

That's all I meant.

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#158614 02/25/08 07:44 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
CG, no one should ever worry about things that get lost in the e-mail.

Honestly, when Labrat first posted I thought I was being helpful in posting that I hadn't received a note. That way she'd be able to cross check with her own records and get an idea of what was going on. I wish now I had sent her a private note, instead. or maybe just not bothered.

It never crossed my mind that there could be any other explanation . This is the first time I was ever aware that Labrat sent out these reminder notes (it's a nice idea, btw). Please don't misconstrue what I wrote as anything else. As I said earlier, I have always been very appreciative of what the archive has done over the years, as I have posted on other occasions.

The archive has owed its existence to a succession of committed EICs, GEs, and also to Lauren who took over the maintance, uploading and other tasks of the Archive after it was first started. Please forgive me, I've forgotten the name of the person who started the archive - I hope someone will add in a note about that.

c.

#158615 02/25/08 07:56 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Just read Kathy's post. Yes, that does explain your point a bit more. smile E-mail screw-ups can happen at either end, sender or receiver. As well, there are sometimes other factors, too. It looks like in this case we can never know for sure what happened. Although I admit to being concerned that I hadn't been on the original list that Labrat received, once she rechecked and found that I was, that ended my concern as I stated above.

Anyway, who knows what exactly happened? Don't think it matters.

c.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard