Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
There was a year's embargo on stories for the Fundraiser. That's pretty much been the standard for all of the fundraiser projects we've held over the years.

When we had a paper zine of stories that was the 'added extra' for donations a few years before the DVD Fundraiser, it was the same then. The stories used in the zine were embargoed for a year after it's release to donors and after that year, authors were free to post the stories where they liked.

It seemed a reasonable period so that both donors and authors got a good deal. But, as Carol notes, the Fundraisers aren't annual, so it may not suit you as a time period if you are looking to organise an annual event.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Since I haven't ever submitted stuff for one of these things, how does the submission stuff work out? Do we just email you stuff or should it go to someone else?

Should we send it to you as we come up with it, or wait until we have all the things we want to submit and send it together?

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I am saving what I get in a folder on my desktop. Hopefully I get enough stuff by May to send out for July. Sending it via e mail is fine i am sure. Images at 5MB or under would also be fine to e mail but if they are bigger we can put it through my FTP site. I guess I am the person collecting the stuff. I think a year before the stuff can be released would be good. So if May 15 is the date, then next May it can be made public here. How does that sound? So far I have 1 story and an Art work by James. thanks again all of you for your input. I really appreciate the help. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi all just bringing this to the top in hope of some more people participating. So far I have one story and one art work and 100 dollar donation for Mending Kids. If anyone has any new ideas on a story to write and would like to use it to help raise funds to help the kids please keep this in mind. Thanks again. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, I've been kind of 'dry' of late, but I'll try a story.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Great! thank you! Laura

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Bringing this to the top to ask a question. I've finished my contribution but now I need to know where to send it. Let me know.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I think I recall Laura posting contact details on her other thread on the subject, over in OT, Nan. Hang on...

Yes, here it is. She has a website url in her first post and if you scroll down to the end of the thread, there's her eddress.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks Nan! what a great little story, I am sure all will enjoy! I hope your enthusiasm to help is catching. So far we have 2 stories and one art work and as far as I know one donation. Laura

Caroline's "Stardust"
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
But we still have lots of time, right? I imagine things will pick up after Kerths are done. Also, FoLCs seem to work well with a 4-6 week deadline.

Elisabeth
who has an idea and some notes, but nothing resembling a story, yet

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I still have something vaguely resembling an idea bouncing around in my head too... Hopefully, it'll get farther than that at some point in the near future...
Carol

Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I hope so Elisabeth. I am glad you guys are interested in helping. You have until May 15 to submit stories and art and you have until July 15 to donate money before we get final totals.Thanks again fir your interest in a worthy cause. Laura

Caroline's "Stardust"
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Just bringing this to the top to remind people if they want to participate. Thanks to all who have already. Laura

Caroline's "Stardust"
Features Writer
Features Writer
Oooh I can try!

Any limit on how long the story has to be?

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
As long or short as you like. So far we have a couple of short ones so if you have a longer one great! And thanks! Laura

Caroline's "Stardust"
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Bringing this to the top. May 15 is around the corner and we don't have enough stories to make a charity CD by May 15. Anyone want to help out? Any suggestions for what to do if we only get 3 stories and 1 art work? Who would buy it for charity? Any suggestions to make this thing fly? Laura

Caroline's "Stardust"
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Well I am not sure what to do here. It seems I have only a couple of fictions and some maybe's and one art work. Do you think I should just can the idea and let those who want to do the yearly charity honor for Dean just donate to MKI on their own with a July 15 deadline? Or are there any last minute takers for the challenge? Laura

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by Laurach:
Well I am not sure what to do here. It seems I have only a couple of fictions and some maybe's and one art work. Do you think I should just can the idea and let those who want to do the yearly charity honor for Dean just donate to MKI on their own with a July 15 deadline? Or are there any last minute takers for the challenge? Laura
Does it have to be a 'new' fic, not posted on here? Sorry, I'm new and I'm clueless. I hate eing clueless

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yes it is with the understanding that it won't be posted on the boards for a year. this way people who purchase the CD have a new fic for their donation. Are you interested?

Caroline's "Stardust"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard