Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#157807 12/18/07 12:08 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I found a really cool picture, illustrating this kill-laugh behaviour, but I couldn't post it. So imagine I didn't post this.

Ann

#157808 12/18/07 01:18 AM
C
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
C
I found a really cool picture, illustrating this kill-laugh behaviour
PM me the link!!! laugh

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time
#157809 12/18/07 06:26 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I wish, Coolgirl, but I can't even find the picture any more.

However... speaking of new ideas for deathfics... (not that I want to give Brucie any ideas, mind...) and maybe getting a bit of a laugh out of it as well... how about this image?

[Linked Image]

Ann

#157810 12/18/07 06:38 AM
C
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
C
Oh Ann! You made my day!

I've never laughed so much in my entire life, and from what my hubby says, neither has he!
thumbsup

CG
------------

#157811 12/18/07 07:48 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I use Google to search... how else do you find anything? (I think I asked for Google to find images illustrating the concept "off with her head" or something....)

But guess what I don't know? It's how the rest of you manage to find all those great Lois and Clark images. Google offers only a few LnC images, and when I've exhausted those, I'm stumped!

Ann

#157812 12/18/07 04:21 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I always thought that Alt-fics referred strictly to the alt-universe seen on the show, and elseworlds referred to new beginnings.

Given what I normally write, it's obvious I like new beginnings.

I love revelations and A-plots and angst and drama. I like the occasional crossover as well, although they are hard to do well. I like dating and romance.

In the middle are superfutures, and pre-revelations.

My least favorites are erotic, married with children, married and episode re-writes (although I’ve seen the occasional brilliant re-write.) Deathfics aren’t my favorite, although they don’t revolt me like they do Ann.

(I like the occasional nfic, but usually I like them because they fit into another category, like a-plot, revelations or angst.)

Those are my favorite categories.

#157813 12/20/07 06:05 AM
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
I’ve been thinking about this since the discussion began, trying to figure out what my favorite genre is. And... I realized that I don’t really have one. I mean, there are a couple I don’t like. I’m not a fan of death fics or of fics where Lois or Clark end up with someone else - just because I thrive on happy endings (which to me is Lois and Clark living happily ever after - or at least until the next story laugh ). On the other hand, I don’t have a problem if people want to write such stories - ‘cause I can just skip to another story I’d rather read (and these days, I don’t have time to read much anyway grumble )

But mostly, I want everything. I want waff. I want romance. I want playful. I want cute. I want comedy. I want naughty (as in, the ‘n’ in nfic). I want suspense. I want A-plots and B-plots. I want villains and drama and angst... In short, I want it all! I don’t care if Lois and Clark are friends or colleagues or dating or married or have children or are old. I don’t care if it’s an elseworld fic or an alternate universe or a previous or a future incarnation. I don’t care if it’s a completely new story, an episode re-write or an in-betweenie (remember those?).

What I’m looking for in a story is something that will capture my imagination and that will bring the characters that we all know and love to life for me once again.

In other words, give me a good Lois and Clark story and I’ll be happy. thumbsup

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
#157814 12/20/07 06:11 AM
Kerth
Kerth
But mostly, I want everything. I want waff. I want romance. I want playful. I want cute. I want comedy. I want naughty (as in, the ‘n’ in nfic). I want suspense. I want A-plots and B-plots. I want villains and drama and angst... In short, I want it all!
Amen to that! clap

And that's why I wish you'd post stories more often, ML.

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#157815 12/20/07 10:56 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Right on, ML. When coolgirl first began this thread, I thought it was simple enough. But I discovered that actually it was harder than it looked. I may not enjoy Genre A as much as Genre B, but then there's that story by Author X that I really loved, so maybe I do like A after all... And then there are always exceptions to any rule that mess up the entire equation.

I ended up not making a list because I kept contradicting myself. goofy So I think I'll just go with your sensible answer. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#157816 12/20/07 02:04 PM
C
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
C
When coolgirl first began this thread, I thought it was simple enough.
ME too, Labby! ME TOO! whinging

CG
------------

#157817 12/20/07 07:21 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
rotflol

Well, I still think it was a fun idea, coolgirl.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#157818 12/22/07 11:17 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Hi,

ML, you are a reader and writer after my own heart. smile I agree totally with everything you say.

But reading the lists, I now see why the fics I write aren't very popular. My stories seem to tick every box of the bottom requirements for fics. frown

Oh, well. I suppose I always knew that, but I have to write what I'm comfortable with, and I think I do have a few loyal readers out there.

Yours Jenni

#157819 12/29/07 06:11 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Reading through the different types of stories I have to say that I have definite likes and dislikes with a group that I read but I don't have a strong opinion about.

So my list:

1. Romantic - be it pre- or post-revelation.
2. Humorous - particularly if it is romantic and humorous.
3. Pre-revelation
4. Dating
5. Married
6. Erotic - but must have story - not erotic for erotic's sake.
7. Revelation
8. Married with kids of any age.

After that it doesn't much matter except my least favorite are:

Deathfics, and villian fics. The villian fics mainly because Lex Luthor and Tempus are heavily favored and I am totally burned out on both characters. Now if it was a totally invented new character that would be different. I don't much care for the paranormal (ie Baron Sunday) or the (shoot what was it called) where Lois and Clark are dropped in other worlds like The Lone Rider or Baron Tempus stuff. Elseworld is okay where we see the other Clark.

I really like the stories where there is definitely a plot and it is developed well and character driven.

#157820 12/29/07 06:14 PM
Columnist
Columnist
I knew I forgot one of my least favorite types of stories. CROSSOVERS. I never watched Buffy or some of the other crossover shows used so I have stopped reading most crossovers because they just don't make sense or doing nothing for me. So for me Deathfics and Crossovers are both dead last. In other words 95% certainty that I won't read them.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard