Page 2 of 2 1 2
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm sure she knew what I meant. :rolleyes:

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Merriwether
Merriwether
Yeah, I'm sure she did. And I wasn't trying to nitpick either. It was just most often a misspelling doesn't make sense. (Like if someone left out the r in your nick). The biggest problem I often have with making those mistakes personally is not that I don't know how to spell a word or a name but that I don't type really well. So I have to always recheck my posts for errors. grumble

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Kerth
Kerth
Actually, I don't feel smart at all. Without the list of authors, I couldn't guess a single one of them (apart from my own work and the ones I had inside information on). With the list... Well, Woody gave himself away to me with a pm that arrived about ten minutes after I offered FDK on his story.

I guess if I had taken the time to think about it, I could have guessed QotC. This fic is the only one that matches her style, I think. (Not that I'm that good at recognizing style, but seeing as I'm rather fond of her stories... Anyway, I'm babbling.)

Anyway, Elisabeth, I sure loved your reasoning for guessing me for my story. (You *did* say something about going for option three which was me.) I mean, isn't there a higher compliment than "I think it's hers because it doesn't match her style"? I mean, there I was, feeling proud because I had managed to stop myself from using words and sentence constructions I habitually use... Well, I think you get the picture. wink I guess my author's note combined with the fact that you *knew* I *didn't* write *your* story (*cough, cough*) helped you along the way a little, didn't it? goofy

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
M
Blogger
Blogger
M
I just stumbled across this thread and went search for all the Nfics that were listed to read them but has no luck in finding them...are they anywhere to be read?? confused

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi! Not all of them were nfics. All of the stories should be on this board. Click on 'search' at the top right of the board (after directory and before faq). Make sure you are searching under fanfic or nfic. Put in the name of the fic and choose any date. Most of the time, this works in being able to find the fics.

Nancy

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Kerth
Kerth
Here are the nfics from last year's Guess The Author:

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sorry, Lara, but it's not permitted to directly link to nfic stories in a PG13-rated section of the folder, so I've had to delete your links.

The nfic on this forum is in its own restricted folder. If you want to post these links in a post in the nfic folder, that would be fine. But you can't post it here or any other folder outside the nfic folder.

Actually, I'm not quite sure how you did that. laugh As far as I know, it shouldn't be possible to directly link to the nfic folder like that from elsewhere on the forum. You should just get a message telling you you've tried to link to a restricted folder.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
M
Blogger
Blogger
M
Found them! Thanks so much for your help smile

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Me votes that we should do this again.

I posted a new thread here:
http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=002402
so we can figure out the pros and cons.

Elisabeth

Kerth
Kerth
Sorry, Labby! Didn't know that. (Neither did the software.)

If it helps any: I once put a link to the nfic folder in a place nobody else can access, logged out of here and tried out the link. I was told I couldn't access the page because it was restricted. So I figured there was no harm done. cat

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No worries, Lara. smile No harm done.

Yeah, that's what should have happened this time, too. Still no clue why it didn't. dizzy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Kerth
Kerth
Well, as far as I know, it only says so if you try to access the nfic board via a link. I didn't have any trouble with posting the link, though. Maybe that's the way it works? Or maybe I didn't get stopped in the first place because I used the [url=http://www....]insert name here[(slash)url] format?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No, that was the issue. When I clicked on the first of your links I was taken straight to the actual story in the nfic folder.

AFAIK, that shouldn't happen. I should have clicked on your link and been given a message that it was a restricted folder. I shouldn't have been able to access any of the stories in nfic.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Labby, is it possible it let you in because you already have access to that folder? Whereas someone who didn't have nfic access would get blocked if they clicked the link? Not that I really know, just speculating! smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Kerth
Kerth
That's exactly how it works, Lisa. As long as you're logged in (and have access to the folder), the link works for you. As long as you're not logged in, you get the message that this was a restricted folder. I think I once previewed a message with a link to the nfic folder and logged out before clicking on the link to test it. (And, no, I didn't actually send the message, I only wanted to find out if access is indeed restricted to logged-in members with access to the nfic folders.) You might want to try it, Labby.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wallbash wallbash wallbash wallbash wallbash

Lisa, that's exactly the answer. Eeeesh. Braindead, strikes again. I should have realised that days ago. :rolleyes:

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard