Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yay, carol, cat, and Lara!! Six winners out of this group. You guys are inspiring!

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
LOL!!!

Thanks to JoJo and Kaylle who cheered me on the last hour!

Official count is 50216 but I wanted to make it on my Word file which stands at 50020 right now.

And I didn't even have to cheat on my time zone smile . My author's note is almost 900 words but that's okay smile - it is legal! I do not even want to knwo how many contractions I will need to put back in or how many times I wrote "Nigel St. John" instead of just "Nigel". And Lois went Step. Pause. several times when she was in a wedding but it's all good.

*Sigh*

It's done!!!

Okay - it's not really done. There's still quite a bit more story to stick in there and large sections that may get deleted, but that's okay. I can write in contractions again and that makes me happy smile .

Thank you so much to everyone for the cheerleading! This has been an absolutely crazy month, but I did it and you guys believing in me sure helped!

Carol

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
A big congrats to every one who has come up from behind and been able to come up with such large amounts in one day! I've never been able to get more than 2,600 ... I think... :rolleyes:

Anyway, congrats!

clap

@Carolm - 12,000 in one day! I am so proud! How did you do it?! dance

I wish you and your family a merry christmas, and I have your son's recovery in my prayers. grovel

Lexy [Linked Image]

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
thumbsup thumbsup

YAY Carol! I was so happy to see a purple line next to your name just now! Way to go!

And *CHEER* for everyone who took on the challenge and made it to 50k on time.

*hugs* everyone who gave it a try this year. Even if you didn't get to the finish line - I say we all rock!!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
You guys bring tears to my eyes. Honestly. The support here has meant so much this month.

The plan... I am going to bust my heiny on schoolwork to be done by Tuesday so Missy and I can play all day Wed and Thurs and work on getting this in to posting shape by the new yearish smile .
Carol

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Congratulations to all who worked steadily throughout the month, regardless of the color of your bar at the end of the month. Also, many thanks to our good-looking cheerleader, Woody.

Around Thanksgiving I decided to find a beta-reader and get things ready for the boards. Since that time I've changed my mind. I may not have written a publishable novel (they aren't my characters, in case nobody noticed), but I'm still proud enough of my work that I'm going to do a proper job of editing. Honestly, it's not that rough of a rough draft. I didn't do any word padding or chase any rabbit trails. By the boards standards, I could probably beta it and post it as is, but I think I want to edit it more in the way recommended in No Plot? No Problem!

Elisabeth

Merriwether
Merriwether
Yay.

Give me a L. L!
Give me a C. C!
Give me a F. F!
Give me a A. A!
Give me a N. N!
Give me a S. S!
Give me a W. W!
Give me a H. H!
Give me a O. O!
Give me a P. P!
Give me a A. A!
Give me a R. R!
Give me a T. T!
Give me a I. I!
Give me a C. C!
Give me a I. I!
Give me a P. P!
Give me a A. A!
Give me a T. T!
Give me a E. E!
Give me a D. D!
Give me a I. I!
Give me a N. N!
Give me a N. N!
Give me a A. A!
Give me a N. N!
Give me a O. O!
Give me a W. W!
Give me a R. R!
Give me a I. I!
Give me a M. M!
Give me a O. O!

What's that spell?

LCFans who participated in NaNoWriMo.
A big thumbsup to you.

And party for those who finished.

For those who didn't, I remember your effort like Haldir and Boromir are remembered. Especially Boromir.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Especially Boromir.
rotflol Woody, you crack me up!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
My kids are practicing The Little Drummer Boy for a Christmas show, and all I can think about as I work with them is that it sounds like a bunch of Nanowrimo word padding since every part of a phrase is followed by "Pa rum pa pum pum."

Elisabeth
who is wasting way too much time trying to figure out if Woody's joke is about real people or imagined people laugh

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
This seemed like a good place to put this since it's about LAST YEAR'S nano...

I got this from Chris Baty overnight:

Dear NaNoWriMo 2007 Winner,

Last November, you and those typing fingers of yours did something amazing. And while you were busy bashing out your novel, we were frantically trying to line up a prize worthy of your feat.

Our goal was to find a self publishing company who would give every NaNo winner a free copy of his or her winning manuscript in paperback book form. It's taken us until now, but we've finally found them.

CreateSpace, an Amazon.com Inc. owned company, is generously offering every NaNoWriMo 2007 winner a "free proof copy" of their 2007 manuscript. What this means: A free proof copy of your manuscript in paperback book form–just by following the instructions below. They'll even cover the costs of basic shipping to you.

To redeem the offer, you'll need a special NaNoWriMo winner's promo code.

Yours is: QN6UPQGY

It's good for six months from today. Here's how you go about using it:

1) Go to http://www.createspace.com/nanowrimo and create a free member account.

2) Set up your title: you will be asked to fill in information such as title, author name, page count, etc.

3) Submit your title: make sure that your title’s information is accurate and complies with CreateSpace's Submission Requirements. Your Submission will be reviewed to ensure it can be printed.

4) When everything's uploaded and perfect, just request a proof copy and use the above discount code at check out. Presto!

After you receive your proof copy, you can then choose if you want to make it available to the public at large—everything from showing up for sale on Amazon.com to complete invisibility.

We asked CreateSpace to write up an introduction to who they are and what they do, and I'm pasting that below. You can also read a bunch of their helpful FAQs about copyright, ISBNs, and other important matters at http://www.createspace.com/Help/Book/FAQ.jsp

And if you have any further questions, you can contact them directly: http://www.createspace.com/Special/SalesInquiry.jsp

Thanks so much to CreateSpace for making our dream-prize come true! And congrats again on your NaNoWriMo victory. We look forward to another year of literary abandon together this November.

Warm regards,

Chris Baty

Director, NaNoWriMo

www.nanowrimo.org

CreateSpace, an Amazon.com, Inc company, provides one of the easiest and most economical ways to self-publish your work. CreateSpace offers self-service publishing tools that allow you to upload ready-to-print PDF book files and make your trade paperback book(s) available for sale on Amazon.com and your own E-store with no setup fees. Your product is manufactured and shipped only when customers order so there is no need for a large upfront investment in inventory to start selling.

CreateSpace Key Features & Benefits:

· No setup fees for the CreateSpace Standard Program and no print minimums

· CreateSpace Pro Plan enables you to keep more on every sale and pay less when you order copies of your own book

· An inventory-free fulfillment model

· Earn monthly royalties based on the list price you set

· Non-exclusive agreement keeps your publishing options open

· One of the easiest ways to distribute through www.amazon.com

· CreateSpace ISBN provided at no additional charge

· Amazon's Search Inside!™ feature for your book

· Choose from many different trim size options and print in full-color or black & white

· CreateSpace also allows you to self publish video and audio content via DVD, CD, MP3, and video download; and distribute your music or video through Amazon.com as well.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
But wouldn't this only be available to those with original works? Surely copywrited material would get CreateSpace in trouble???

James, who is only thinking with half a brain.

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I think ML got one two years ago [but I could be wrong on that and I have no idea if it was original or not]. My thoughts would be that as long as it's just the one copy it wouldn't be an issue, but you wouldn't want to put it out to market or whatever. I haven't looked at it any closer than reading the email though.

Anyone else?

Carol

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I think you're probably okay with the one copy, Carol, but you couldn't possibly sell it anywhere when you don't have the copyright holder's permission.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
That's my thought...

Carol

Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard