Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I'm frustrated. The nanorobots have rejected 96 of my words. That's a whole heck of a lot. frown

At least, I still have time left.

Elisabeth grumble

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
(((((((Elisabeth)))))))

I was home eating chocolate—cottage cheese.
Chocolate flavoured cottage cheese. It's a new flav—
I was doing my laundry.

—Lois Lane
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I cannot catch a freaking break.

DH left to teach about 2.5 hours ago and I've sat down for about 20m combined. I went downstairs right after he left and the pipe that comes out of the wall to the toilet is leaking like a sieve. Two of my neighbors are fixing it for me. One [we're friends with] came down and looked at it and went to see if the other guy [construction] was home but he wasn't. The construction guy came by and the other guy came back and now our friend is going to buy the piece while the construction guy goes to get his stuff to solder it back together *sigh*. And while I'm not real helpful, sitting up here typing away while they work...

They both just made our Christmas list, but the word count isn't moving.

Elisabeth - sorry about your words frown . You still have 27.5 hours to stick 100 words in! If all else fails - UNCONTRACT!!! smile
Carol

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Go Elizabeth! You can make it! Thanks to laramoon for her support, and I'm cheering for you! laugh smile1 dance

Lexy [Linked Image]

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I see that LaraMoon and Catherine Bruce are getting awfully close. James, Sheila and Carol are still making steady word count increases, as well. I'm so glad we're doing this together.

Elisabeth
who didn't think she would get any time in at all today & was really happy with 2 45 minute spurts

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yay, Elisabeth, Lexy, and aromassa!! All winners at least a day early!!!

And I know this isn't even close, but I finally passed 30,000, so I'm feeling pretty good about what I've managed to do this month.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
YAY! For the three of you who are done!

I was thinking 'oh, I only have about 200 words to hit 40000, but I looked wrong - it was 200 to hit 38000. Current official count: 38182

Can I do almost 12000 words tomorrow? Maybe. Remotely possible. I still have to finish writing the creation of Sman, rewriting the globe scenes, and introducing Jason Trask and the beginning of the showdown with Trask and Lex [very GGGOH with Lex tossed in] - the end is already written - and so on. There's way more than 10000 words left in the story, but whether or not I can get it done in the next 24 hours and still take care of kiddos and a sick DH...

Our neighbors did get the pipe fixed, so that helps...

Regardless of whether or not I actually finish the other 12000 words or not, I'm quite proud of what I have accomplished so far, especially given the trials and tribulations of this month.

I say we have another party at midnight tomorrow smile .

Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
it's almost 3AM. but I made it. smile1

I pasted the text in the box and it came back, telling me I had 49,997 words. I edited again, pasted the text once more and added "this is the end" at the bottom (four words, yes) and the validation widget counted and said... that I had 50,000 words.

Clearly something weird with the validation tool, but I'm so not complaining.

I'm now going to bed. Whether I make it to the office or not tomorrow is anyone's guess. wink

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Well, congrats! In my line of work there is no such thing as a sick day or even a day off, so I decided that I couldn't stay up half of the night to finish. I was so afraid that the system speed would be so slow that if I didn't finish early the 'bots would chew on it for an hour or so before it proclaimed me a winner. (Besides, it has always started my new day at 11 PM, despite what it says for my time zone.) I hadn't expected more than a dozen words to be kicked out. I'm so happy to be past 50K, even if I am so far from being finished.

Elisabeth

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Is she going to make it?

That is my question of the day smile .

2:07pm Central Time: 40399

3:20pm Central Time: 42435 [mostly done one handed with a babe in arms or two handed, also with a babe in arms and some time spent walking with said - very cranky - babe]

Features Writer
Features Writer
WOO! Congrats to those who have finished!

I have 1690 words to write left, and I have to be at a dinner think in about an hour and a half, and I highly doubt if I'll be back by midnight. Or, if I DO get back, I will probably be a bit more than slightly drunk. Yay Dining Ins! :p

*Cracks neck* Ow... come on yall, we can dooooo this! WOOOO! YEAH! GO US!!

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Good luck, Cat!

I have fed kids and helped DH [who is still sick but in bed again now] and so on.

6:20pm Central: 44390, 5410 to go [8:40 time since I changed my time zone - no I still don't feel very guilty about that but I am going to shoot for midnight my time]

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cat asked me to tell you she DID IT!! smile

50,051 words.

Go Carol - I'm totally pulling for you. You rock, girl!!

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
*cries* half of [okay not that much] last count was copy/pasted wedding ceremony that i would have copy/pasted regardless of when I wrote it, you know? No sense in reinventing the wheel [or rewriting a wedding ceremony].

Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
No, no! No crying! Writing. Crying not allowed - December is for crying. I mean.... *lol* smile

(and reinventing the wheel, no point in doing that, either!)

Go Carol Go! smile1

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Okay, okay, writing.

7:40 pm Central: 45921

The official counter keeps getting farther from my Word counter - Word counter is 45750.

The second question now becomes [the first one was 'can she do it?'], what scenes can I write quickly with enough word count... The proposal/wedding/aftermath [not L/C but they're involved closely] was 6514 words but I think it's done - I could maybe put a bit of filler in but... not where the word count is going to be. Maybe a reveal with Perry or a Christmas scene... *sigh*

ETA: YAY! DH took DS who needs someone to cuddle with him to sleep. We're normally not big cosleepers [neither of us sleep well when we do that], but DH is lying there with a kidney stone and can handle a cuddly baby. Off to type like the wind!

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
GOGOGO!! I'm so proud of all of you for making it so far. I'm sorry that I was unable to make it to the end but I'm so happy to see so many of you who did! thumbsup

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Carol, whether or not you make it, you've come so far that we're all proud of you. You, too, Brucie! Way to be!

Elisabeth

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I am so ready to scream!!!

This is so freaking doable and I just cannot find inspiration for the last few words!

Okay it is more than a few, but not that many more.

9:40pm Central, official word count: 48129, 1871 to go

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I feel a little better...

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
party WOOOOO!!! Yay Carol!!! party

I'm glad you were able to finish. Anyone else close who hasn't quite made it? I'm available to be your personal cheerleader. ^_^

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard