Print Thread
#156900 10/13/07 10:22 AM
Z
Zoar3 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Z
Believe it or not, I truly am crafting more of my fan fic "That Super Son of Mine." In fact I just finished the second scene and am about to post it before you fellow folcs start throwing pillows my way as it has been 4 days since I potsed the beginning!

I do have a couple questions though in order to finish the story or at least proceed with it, the legnth might be dependent upon your answers, though of course I could just and might anyway,if need be,lol make it up but figured it was worth asking.

First, is Wayne Irig married and if so, what is his wife's name and do they have any children?

Second, was it his house that is closest to Schuster's Field or was there any actual Schuster family?

Thank you!

Mona

P.S. I would still love someone to join me in writing this if any of you are so inclined. Let me know.

#156901 10/13/07 04:00 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I could be wrong, because my memory is definitely hazy on the episodes these days, but I seem to recall there being an indication that Wayne Irig was a widower. At one point in GGGOH, Clark mentions wistfully that his wife used to make the greatest candy apples when he was a kid...and it does sound as though she's not around to make them any more. At least, that's how I remember it. You'd probably want to check out the script to make sure.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#156902 10/13/07 04:08 PM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
In the timeline of the TV series, Wayne Irig was a widower. On the show they never mentioned any kids, so you are at liberty to do whatever you want concerning that. They never mentioned his wife's name, so you're free to make one up if you want. They never mention any Shuster family either, so you can make up whatever you want about that as well. I love it when they leave a situation wide open for anyone to do what they want with it. laugh

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#156903 10/13/07 05:12 PM
Z
Zoar3 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Z
Lab Rat, my thanks to you once again. notworthy (Can someone make a hug icon on here? smile And your memory is exactly right! And Lab Rat wins...door number 3 perhaps? Anyway, that is sad that Mrs. Irig has passed away both in tv reality and in terms of my story...well maybe I'll pretend she didn't, lol. If no, what should her name be guys? Mrs. ---- Irig?

Nan, thanks to you also. Most interesting (and sort of odd) that there is no Schuster Field info..all we know is that on their way home from church? M and J passed by the field and saw the explosion, right?

Nobody is interested in helping me create this story? grovel

Have a good night all.

Mona

#156904 10/14/07 09:48 AM
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Schuster's Field was named for the creators of Superman--Schuster and Siegel. James thinks it was Joseph Schuster and Jerome Siegel.

Wayne Irig's farm isn't necessarily near Schuster's Field. We just know a large meteor was found near Irig's tree. Could be that Schuster's Field is on his land, but maybe not.

In small towns, things have a way of getting named whether the people are around or not. So there doesn't have to have been a Schuster family in the area for 100 years. Maybe Schuster's field is a ball park. Maybe it's the site of the old Schuster barn that collapsed in 1928, killing 3 young girls. You get to decide.

Elisabeth

#156905 10/14/07 12:05 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Well in the episode where Lois and Clark go back to stop Tempus from killing baby Clark when his ship lands we see that Schuster's field is indeed just a field with a fence around it. As was said it could still be called Schusters field after the original owners who may have left town or died out over 100 years ago. In small towns once some one starts calling somthing by a name it seems to keep that name forever.

As for Mrs. Irig's name we do see her alive in the story Lost & Found I believe the name is where Lois gets lost in the snow storm and Clark finds her. Don't remember what is was but if you like it maybe you can borrow her name from there.

#156906 10/14/07 12:13 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
As for Mrs. Irig's name we do see her alive in the story Lost & Found I believe the name is where Lois gets lost in the snow storm and Clark finds her. Don't remember what is was but if you like it maybe you can borrow her name from there.
If you do, remember to credit the author. Better still, email them and ask their permission first. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#156907 10/14/07 03:49 PM
Z
Zoar3 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Z
I emailed Jeff earlier today for use of "Jan" as Wayne's wife's first name. Thank you for finding that story for me!

Mona

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard