Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#156739 10/17/07 12:50 PM
K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
K
Well, I don't know this one, but I wanted to chime in and say I'm glad to see this game pop up again! (And I'm ashamed to see that apparently I killed it last time? <g>) Good job, Lisa!

#156740 10/17/07 03:08 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
/me pops in to wave at kaylle and admit that she has no idea about this one either

Hey stranger smile ! Got any new WIPS on that HD?!?!?

Carol [who finally has her new laptop and has stuff dl'ing on it now!!! smile ]

#156741 10/17/07 03:44 PM
M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
Carol's is Tough As Nails . Very enjoyable, a satisfyingly different type of Next Gen story.

Next up:

Dear Mr Wells,

Congratulations on your invention of a time machine! I know you're really quite excited to be taking it on your first trip through time, but, before you go, there are a few things I'd like to tell you.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#156742 10/17/07 06:58 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
That is Paul's PUT , Note To Self...

I need to head for work soon, so I'll come back with a new quote from there.

Okay, and for your next quote:

"Did you know that a goldfish's memory only lasts three seconds?"

What? Who dares interrupt my train of thought with such false words?

"Really, Clark?"

Aha! So your name is Clark, buddy.

"Yes. I read it in a science magazine."
Saskia smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#156743 10/18/07 07:16 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
What A Fish Knows by Anna B.

thanks for reminding me of this superb story smile

ok here's the next one..(hope it's not too short)

He continued to stroke her back, letting her cry as much as
she wished. They stayed thus until she calmed down.
"Better?" he asked tentatively when she finally stopped
rocking.

"How do you do it, Clark? How can you bear to kill another
person?" She looked up into his eyes to try and gain some
perspective on the enormity of her deed.
wave

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#156744 10/19/07 09:35 AM
K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
K
/me pops in to wave at kaylle and admit that she has no idea about this one either

Hey stranger smile ! Got any new WIPS on that HD?!?!?
Erm, about those wips... um...

/me waves back wink

(ie, I plead the fifth? wink )

#156745 10/19/07 04:11 PM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hmm. That quote isn't as familiar to me as others have been. It reminds me of a scene from Shayne Terry's "Strong", but that one hasn't been posted to the archive yet IIRC. Are those stories still game?
huh
BJ

#156746 10/19/07 04:13 PM
M
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
M
that one hasn't been posted to the archive yet IIRC. Are those stories still game?
Sure, I don't see why not.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#156747 10/19/07 04:37 PM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
that one hasn't been posted to the archive yet IIRC. Are those stories still game?
Sure, I don't see why not.
I don't think I'm right anyway, so I'll let someone else answer this one.

#156748 10/19/07 05:22 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
The story (to which the quote belongs) is on the archive smile ... let me know if it's too short though... wave

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#156749 10/19/07 10:51 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
another hint, AnKs? smile1

Simona smile

#156750 10/20/07 06:29 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Here's another quote from the same story..

"...Why shouldn't you try to
steal his wife too?" Lois snapped at him.

"Because he would never forgive me?" Lex half-jested.

"You're right. Touch a hair on her head and you're a dead
man." Clark's voice was calm but deadly.

Tempus who was still hovering near the door snorted. "How
arrogant can you be? Here you are, our captive, your fate
in our hands, and you would issue out threats?"

Once again, Lois noticed a slip in Lex's demeanor.
(Hope this helps).

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#156751 10/20/07 09:23 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
This surely helps! This story is a favourite of mine, the fabulous The wild rose by Lote, another story I want to re-read as soon as I have few hours for me!

Another story's coming soon...

Here, probably it's very easy:

This wasn't supposed to be happening! She'd never before had to deal with a man who could see beyond the immediate thrill of conquest. Lois felt panic stirring inside her. She had to keep him off balance, destroy his self-control.

"What did you think was going to happen, then?" she said sharply. "Did you think I was going to fall in love with you, and that we'd get married and settle down in the suburbs?"

He sucked in his breath and then let out a harsh bark of laughter. "Yes, as a matter of fact. That's exactly what I hoped would happen, God help me."
Simona smile

#156752 10/21/07 06:09 AM
K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
K
Hey, I know this one! This is Meredith Knight's Rest and Reproduction ! Fabulous story smile

Okay, back with another quote... How about this? One of my old favorites.
It was the stench that caught at her next. A thick, unpleasant smell that clogged in the back of her throat. Like something left moldering there. An animal perhaps she thought, nose wrinkling in disgust. A rat or maybe a raccoon. Something that had crawled in here and died.

Or maybe, she chided herself with some asperity for the wildness of her imagination, simply the damp mustiness of a room long disused and seldom opened.

She took a few steps forward, peering into the dark. Vaguely she made out shapes, shrouded in shadow. A slight motion at the corner of her eye startled her. Twisting around she realized that it was only a mannequin propped against the wall. The cloth which covered it was settling back even as she watched, only disturbed by the air of her passage. She let out the breath she hadn't realized she'd been holding and tried to ignore the thundering of her heart within her as she advanced further into the room.
Any guesses? smile

#156753 10/21/07 02:20 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Labrat's A Lois and Clark Fairy Tale from the Dark Side: The Key
An intriguing plot smile

ok so the next quote is... goofy

"Drop-dead gorgeous?"

"Yep."

"If you wanted to kiss my butt, Clark, you probably should have
done it last night when it was bare to the world."

"Lois, I'll kiss anything of yours you want kissed."

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#156754 10/23/07 02:23 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Finally! I knew it is a Sue' story, but I couldn't remember which one: Revisionist history by Sue S.!

Try this one:

And then she saw him.

He stood across the room from her, a crowd of people surrounding him,
laughing and hugging their returned colleague. For a moment, she
couldn't breathe; the force of his presence in the dimly lit foyer
was that strong.

Clark was here.

She'd spent the entire weekend convincing herself that he wouldn't be
here tonight, all the while secretly hoping that he would prove her
wrong. And now that he had, Lois wasn't sure she was prepared for
this at all. She bit her lip, amazed at how strong the urge was to
run to him and throw herself in his arms.
Simona smile

#156755 10/23/07 05:59 AM
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Got it! I thought I had it, then I didn't, then I thought I did again, but that wasn't it either. And THEN it hit me... It's Tracey's A Love Well Worth the Wait . smile

OK, try this one:

Clark punched the ground at his side, and his fist sunk six inches into the soft earth.

He withdrew his hand and splayed his fingers, staring at the damp earth covering them. The soil of a planet that had adopted him. Then failed him.

He was an alien. Alienated. Not human.

Did that mean he didn't deserve what most humans had? Friendship? Happiness? Love?

Was that why? Because he wasn't from here, didn't really belong here?

Clark wiped his hand off on the grass, though remnants of the sodden soil remained stubbornly on his skin, making sure to remind him that it was there, but not a part of him.
Caroline

#156756 10/25/07 04:55 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
We need another hint, Caroline! smile1

Simona smile

#156757 10/25/07 07:13 AM
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Happily smile . This story has so many wonderfully quotable bits! But there's a hint in this one:

He brought a gentle hand to her chin, turning her head and making her look at him. She wished he hadn't. She didn't want him to see he'd affected her. That she'd let herself believe this was more than it obviously was.

"You're too important to me."

She inhaled sharply. Damn him for continuing to steal her breath. Damn him for making her believe that he really did care. About her.

Love her.

And damn the tears welling up in her eyes.

It wasn't fair for him to care so much when she was so lost and alone, dying to feel alive again.

She was supposed to be tough now, strong, handle things on her own; she'd survived the Congo. And so much more. She wasn't supposed to be falling in love with a broken superhero. But she couldn't help but see the parallels, how much they had in common. How much they *needed* each other.
Caroline

#156758 10/25/07 07:41 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ooooh! I know that one instantly. It's Sara Kraft's amazing Away From The Sun.

Dear Lois,

I had a really nice time last night, and I was hoping that wecould do it again. I'd be honored if you would let me take you out to dinner. I'll come by your apartment at seven o'clock tomorrow evening. If you aren't there or you don't answer the door, I'll understand, no hard feelings. I'll always and forever be

Your best friend, Clark

She read the note four more times before the full weight of its message sank in. The word 'date' wasn't written, but that was sure what it sounded like to her. He wanted to take her out to dinner... he was picking her up... if she said no he'd understand... yep, it sounded like a pretty classic definition of a date to her.

A date? She'd been on dates before, but never with someone she knew so well. The fact that she and Clark were already so close made her a bit nervous. He knew so much about her, including her many faults. If she accepted, all bets were off. There would be no pretending to be something that she wasn't; he would see right through any of the facades that she'd used with men in the past.

If she accepted? What was she thinking? After last night, there was no way she was going to turn him down. She'd felt something new last night. Something that she'd never felt with anyone ever before. She had to explore it. Not accepting, never knowing, would be something she'd regret for the rest of her life. She *had* to accept the date with Clark.

A date with Clark!

Her heart took over for her head and created a fluttering of excited butterflies in her stomach. Everything she'd been feeling last night was coming back to her in a flood of emotion -- the giddiness, the nervousness, the anticipation, the longing.

Lois checked the clock; it was 3:06. Time couldn't move fast enough.
Saskia smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard