Next Thread
Print Thread
#156635 10/04/07 05:17 AM
bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Hi there.

I've got another question. I'm wondering how common a term "top banana" is. Would you say it on a daily basis for someone being the leader?

Or could remembering this term refer to a particular person?

As you might suspect I'm referring to *Separate Lives*. If suddenly the term "Top Banana" comes to Clark's mind, how likely is he to consider that strange. Would he think that maybe he must have heard someone say it?

Thanks for helping!

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#156636 10/04/07 07:01 AM
Top Banana
Online Content
Top Banana
It's a relatively common (although a little old-fashioned) and familiar term in the U.S. Another related phrase would be: 'Top of the totem pole' (Which gets a snicker from anyone who knows anything about totem poles.) cool

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#156637 10/04/07 08:17 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I doubt it's too strange, since it was said in the pilot. I wouldn't say it's a common phrase, but it's definitely well-known.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard