Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#156496 09/15/07 02:21 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Are there any fanfics out there where Lois is taking cooking lessons?

#156497 09/15/07 07:27 AM
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
Well, in Ghosts we have this...

JIMMY on phone (covers mouthpiece) Lois! Some French guy. Says you called him about cooking lessons?

LOIS (chagrined; glancing around) Shhh! He's a famous chef.

JIMMY I can barely understand him.

LOIS Yes, yes, tell him I'll be with him 'tout a l'heure'. (into phone) If anything turns up, give me a buzz. (punches line two) Monsieur Bouchard. Enchantee. (hunches forward; lowers voice) Thank you so much for returning my call. You see, the problem is... cooking was never really important to me... (stiffens) Well, I would hardly call that a crime against humanity. I was just more interested in my career, that's all. (then) The thing is, I'm married now and well... I want to hold up my end. It's pathetic when you can't even boil water. (nervous laugh) Well, I mean of course I can boil water.... But what do you do with it? Anyway, I was wondering... Think you could give me some lessons? (beat) Hello? Hello? Mon ami?

She stares sourly at the receiver as Clark arrives at his desk.
So I suppose that she might have kept looking until she found someone. On the other hand, at the end of the episode, we have this...

LOIS Stop making that face.

CLARK (innocently) What face?

LOIS The one that says, 'Oh, my God, Lois has cooked something.' (then) The little bits and pieces of Katie are pretty much gone from me now, but I do want to hang onto this one thing. She sure knew how to make a good breakfast.

He tastes. It's a winner.

LOIS I call it -- 'Eggs a la Katie Banks. He pulls her onto his lap.

CLARK (an incredulous smile) Lois. My God. (beat) You can _cook_ something!

LOIS Yes! And it's sorta like climbing Mt. Everest. Once you do it, you think, 'Why would I do that again?'

CLARK I'll... eat slowly.

LOIS I would.
So it seems she got past her need to cook. On the other hand, she might have just been saying that she didn’t feel the need to cook breakfast again. Or that she didn’t feel the need to cook this particular breakfast again. But that is the only reference I can think of off the top of my head.

Hope that is of some help.

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
#156498 09/15/07 07:28 AM
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh, wait. Just realized you wanted to know about fanfics blush . My bad blush .

So... no. Can't think of any fanfics about Lois taking cooking lessons - although that could be really funny laugh

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
#156499 09/15/07 10:15 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
There are quite a few on that theme, I think. Dashed if I can remember titles and authors though. laugh

You could check out Annie Riley's very cute and funny series where Lois is getting cooking tips from Lucy - I think they've been posted on Zoomway's mbs.

I know there are others around, but those are the only ones which I can recall the details on, unfortunately. (And even then you probably noticed I'm blanking on the actual titles... laugh )

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#156500 09/15/07 11:07 AM
Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
Interesting that this should come up as, I happen to have a "cooking" related story in mind although it would be an n-fic. ;)Thanks to Laura and all her help, my ficathon tale is just about ready to go, perhaps after that I'll attempt a cooking story.

#156501 09/15/07 01:50 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Not sure about cooking lessons, but there is one where she is "following" a recipe: Half-Baked, by Wanda Detroit .

Very cute. smile

malu

#156502 09/15/07 04:20 PM
Columnist
Columnist
There is one where she is taking cooking lessons and runs into Daniel. I don't know if it is the one that she spends a week learning to cook a steak dinner but I do remember her running into Daniel. Will look for it.

#156503 10/03/07 06:08 PM
Columnist
Columnist
The story I was talking about is - The Way To Superman's Heart. There is the mention of Lois taking cooking classes. I don't know of any story where you actually have her in the class. Anyway since I mentioned what the story was about I wanted to let you know the name.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard