Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Maybe you guys could help me with something. Dr. Klein's Lab Rats Motorcycle Club - if they were to ride to the rescue, what type of unexpected weapons might they use? (I'm looking for chemical ideas or something else these egg heads might come up with in the lab)

The more ideas the merrier laugh

Thanks,

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Well, uhh... since you talked about Dr. Klein's Lab Rats Motorcycle Club, I get this mental image of rats - rat-sized rats - riding tiny motorcycles. What kind of surprising weapons might they use?

So I had two ideas. What about if they had a cheese weapon, a cheesy weapon made of cheese? I was thinking of extremely, extremely ripe and smelly cheese, so ripe, in fact, that it spontaneously "gasefies", turning into gas. Imagine that this cheese would reach a "point of critical ripeness" and then suddenly "gasefying"? You could have a huge bubble of extremely smelly gas suddenly developing in the interior of the cheese, blowing it apart, turning the whole thing into a "cheese bomb"? The cheese would make a sickening sound as it spontaneously blew apart, spattering the room with half-melting pieces of running "cheeselets" and smelling the place up worse than you can believe. The whole thing would be startling and distracting, if nothing else!

The second thought I had was that the little rats on their tiny motorcycles would be armed with tiny machine guns. These machine guns would fire rounds of tiny mousetraps. As the mousetraps reached their target, they would snap shut and "bite" you. It would be like being attacked by a swarm of aggressive insects. Scary and startling, I'm sure.

Okay, those were my two cheesy suggestions! laugh

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'd assume it'd be some kind of advanced MacGuyverism. I don't think they normally ride around with weapons. If they needed to ride to the rescue, I think they'd just cobble something together out of what they had handy in their labs.

"Weapon, weapon... Hmm... Well, I've got that laser I've been using for the spectroscopy tests..."

"That's something. Hey, I bet we could modify it using the magnetron from the break room microwave..."

(Or, come to think, that might take too much time. Then again, it is STAR Labs...)

"Hey, guys... I bet we could use my trash can."

"Your trash can?"

"Yeah. It's a matter disintegrator. I rigged it together a while back. Saves landfill space, you don't have to buy trash bags, and it's much more effective than a paper shredder."

"Huh. Good idea. And I bet we could do something with that mouse trap I've been working on. If we could increase the amplitude on the electrostatic stun pulse emitter..."

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
A beaker of some liquid that would paralyze a person until the cops showed up.

The lens of a microscope to burn their clothes or give them a hot foot.
Sue

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Yeah, well, I'm still saying....

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Doesn't this stuff look like it could jump at you and attack you?

[Linked Image]

That cheese slicer is up to no good!

[Linked Image]

Yeeeech! Rat attack!

[Linked Image]

And the cat's bringing up the rear!

[Linked Image]

Like I said, the Cat's bringing up the rear....

Ann

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by HatMan:
"Hey, guys... I bet we could use my trash can."

"Your trash can?"

"Yeah. It's a matter disintegrator. I rigged it together a while back. Saves landfill space, you don't have to buy trash bags, and it's much more effective than a paper shredder."

"Huh. Good idea. And I bet we could do something with that mouse trap I've been working on. If we could increase the amplitude on the electrostatic stun pulse emitter..."
Really liked that one

but I figure that Supes would never actually approve of rats riding motorcycles carrying bombs on their backs...
In a hostage scenario (where innocents could get hurt), I figured that one of the best ways Klein and his buddies could help would be via releasing sedatives into the ventilation system, thereby sending everybody to sleep, the police could then go in wearing gas masks, restrain the criminals before turning off the gases, which leads to rapid recovery of consciousness...

EG.
by using a volatile anaesthetic agent
which have rapid onset/offsets and are easily manipulated, and are relatively safe for all ages including during pregnancy, will not produce too much respiratory or cardiac side effects...

these anaesthetics are primarily often used for the induction and end stages of operations as they are more easily controlled than injections, as turning the tap off will quickly remove the drug from the system...

e.g. Sevoflurane , which has a "sweet smell" and quick induction of total unconsciousness, and is relatively safe for all ages (Pregnancy not stated on wikipedia)
as opposed to others which have pungent odours, hence people would detect that something has happened and could be dangerous for hostages (if hostage taker gets angry...)

the docs would use a plenum vaporisor in reverse in order to provide enough gas to anaesthetise the entire room...
vaporisor [Linked Image]
anaesthetic machine [Linked Image]
however sevoflurane is expensive, so one possibility would be to combine it with another short acting anaesthetic, but others either have too wide ranging side effects (especially respiratory depression) or are potentially lethal to people with Kidney &/or Liver &/or heart &/or lung problems so would probably be a bad idea (let alone some of them have hallucinogenic properties)

if you want to explore this further, I suggest that wikipedia is a great page to start from... as you can look through a wide range of possibilities, including any major SEs of the drugs...
\
\
this is also a good page for a general overview

You can't have MANSLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER

The Neuroscientist: Eating glass makes you smart...do you want to see what you can learn?
MLT Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Thanks for the ideas, guys. I think I can make use of a lot of them. Perhaps I'll have them start out by thinking big (as per Paul's ideas) and then use Sue and Beethoven's ideas when they realize that they're sort of over thinking things (an occupational hazzard for brains laugh )

But sorry, Ann, I don't think your ideas are going to fit in laugh - although they might be used for a different story I've been thinking about (so as not to waist such unique ideas laugh ).

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard