Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I am currently writing a nfic (shameless plug starts here: it's called "Rules of Attraction") that is based on "Ordinary People," or more accurately, Lois and Clark dealing with what would have happened on that island had the thugs not shown up ... I am curious what other eps people like to see stories related to?

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Do you mean for an nFic or for anything??

I'm just saying, because you were asking about TOGOM the other day - and I know I'm not the only one here who would totally read a TOGOM story any day of the week. laugh ...plus, I mean, everyone's tried their hand at that, it's like the 11th commandment on the boards: thou shalt write a TOGOM adaptation. wink

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Columnist
Columnist
I love the episodes "the phoenix" and "honeymoon in Metropolis" and I love every fic which deals with these two episodes. TOGOM is great too and even if there are many fics with this episode you'll never get tired of them.

Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
"I Now Pronounce You." No ridiculous clones or frogs or wedding destroyers (yes I know she came later but still, nothing outrageous that all of us fans I believe hated). What if they simply got married? Then there would have been more time for not only fertility issues but also Clark aging issues as well. Which gives me an idea for a challenge/round robin. I'll go post it in a second.

Back to this, smile , Seasons Greedings, Sex, Lies, and Videotape, and last but never least, the episode we love to hate TOGOM! wink

Columnist
Columnist
I always loved "Home is Where the Hurt Is." I don't know if there are any on that ep. And I have to second "The Phoenix." I hate Lex, but that episode has so much fanfic potential.

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
TOGOM! I always love TOGOM rewrites! wave

Or, ehm. Lemme think. Well, virtually destroyed could be interesting. What would happen if they actually.. you know. Would it really be only in their minds? If you thought kissing in the virtual world looked funny from Xavier's studio... *Where is a graemlin that knowingly wiggles their eyebrows?*

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ahh! Selinde!

Would it really be only in their minds? If you thought kissing in the virtual world looked funny from Xavier's studio... *Where is a graemlin that knowingly wiggles their eyebrows?*
rotflol rotflol rotflol

That would be an absolutely hysterical nfic. Poor Jaxon "X" Luthor would probably overheat.

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Features Writer
Features Writer
TOGOM - count me too wink

And I also love "the phoenix" - I am writing on a rewrite at the moment (nfic laugh )

Another rewrite I do at the moment is "The eyes have it" - it's interesting with a blind superman

Then "seasons greedings" would be nice for a rewrite and of course "honeymoon in metropolis"

yeah, I guess, that's all wink

Top Banana
Top Banana
Smart Kids??

*ducks rotten fruit*

Haha kidding! Kidding! (I still don't know why people have such a hatred for the episode.)

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by jojo_da_crow:
Smart Kids??

*ducks rotten fruit*

Haha kidding! Kidding! (I still don't know why people have such a hatred for the episode.)
Haha. It doesn't bother me either. I think my hatred is way better invested in the clone arc.

As for me, BatP/HoL fics are always favorites!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Kerth
Kerth
Poor Smart Kids! I saw in another thread that it's on many lists of the 3 worst episodes. That's exactly why I wrote my fic about them...I felt someone had to do justice to those characters. Actually, while TOGOM may have hundreds of adaptations, I think Smart Kids may have just the one. I want to see someone take on Chi of Steel. Someone should write stories based on each of the overall most hated epidsodes in order to justify their existence.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Kerth
Kerth
If I could pick any episode? How about every single one in the first two seasons? It seems to me that, in every episode, there was at least one moment when Lois almost figured it out, or just missed a huge clue or...

I just think that could be fun to explore. laugh

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, Paul wrote Chi, Beta - a fantastic and very witty adaptation of Chi of Steel. I wrote an episode tag for that ep, which picked up on some of the sexist themes therein. Can't for the life of me remember the title, though... wink

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I think there are a lot of episodes that I'd like to rework bits of -- which, in quite a few cases, would necessitate re-writing most of the episode. Rather like Jax's new take on OP, which sounds like fun: no Spencer Spencer, no A-plot -- but lots of time for the important stuff. wink

What I want to redo are scenes/episodes in which Clark in particular is depicted as helpless for no very good reason, i.e., due to lousy writing forcing the characters into situations for story purposes (so you can guess that I loathe the Argh). And then there are the writers who simply can't cope with the concept of Superman. :rolleyes: People here have seen me rant on subjects like the inanity of scenes like Supes tunnelling through the Earth to intercept the missile in COtOC, so I shan't bore you with more of it, but I do wish they'd had a decent story editor.

Actually, I have an idea for a rework of the second half of the New Krypton arc, making use of something that Cary Bates, IIRC, thought up in an early 80s comics story. No promises that it will ever see the light of day, but it just might.

Phil

Ping! Ping!! Ping!!! -- Mother Box
She's such a chatterbox at times...
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by Laura S:
Ahh! Selinde!

Would it really be only in their minds? If you thought kissing in the virtual world looked funny from Xavier's studio... *Where is a graemlin that knowingly wiggles their eyebrows?*
rotflol rotflol rotflol

That would be an absolutely hysterical nfic. Poor Jaxon "X" Luthor would probably overheat.
peep Omg shame on me where did I get the name "Xavier" from?! eek I thought it sounded weird, but couldn't figure out why. Now I know: it was Jaxon! blush

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh you weren't wrong. That was his full name: Jaxon Xavier.

Interesting thread, EJ. I've been enjoying reading the responses.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh thanks, Labbie. It was really haunting me dizzy

Columnist
Columnist
There seems to be a lot of episodes that don't get much attention. While I'm with the rest of you in that I would love to read a TOGOM story every day and twice on Sundays wink , I think I would like to see attention given to the episodes that have been tossed to the wayside.

I guess it could be a challenge of sorts. We could compile a list of episodes not too popular with the fanfic and see what comes of it? Just a thought for anyone interested. smile

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I don't think I've ever read a fic based on I've Got A Crush on You, which is one of my favorite episodes.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
OK, I admit now that I am VERY tempted to write a little vignette of VD and it getting hot enough that Jaxon does go up in smoke. After all, if he shorted out due to the extreme hotness onscreen, it could have short-circuted the system and Lois would have been freed from VR World faster. And then they could have gotten some real experience testing matresses.

But I am wondering whether should it be nfic, or regular fic. It would be a lot hotter as nfic, but I don't want to not have anyone read it!

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard