Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
estefi Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
My name is Estefi i'm from spain and i'm writting my first fic or nfic i don't know about l&c but in spanish

Kerth
Kerth
Welcome to the boards! Don't get discouraged because of the language. I've only seen the German version of the show. Reading the awesome fanfics here is pretty helpful to get an idea what might be a little different in the original version. And beta-readers are doing wonders, too wink

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
estefi Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
thanks, i can advanced the title in spanish Dejame que entre en tu corazon

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Welcome to the boards, estefi! We hope you have fun here.

If your story turns out to be gfic, then you can submit it to the Fanfic Archive, which has a section for stories in other languages .

Just make sure it has no nfic content (the Archive doesn't host nfic) and we'll be happy to add it to the page. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
estefi Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
everything is almost going to be gfic but surely it has some part or scene with nfic, where can i to put it if it has nfic?also I want that they read those that don't understand Spanish, can you to translate it?

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
If it's not too long, maybe someone will. But then they're going to have to be able to actually read Spanish (which I certainly do not. I can say señorita. Or was that Italian? wink )

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
estefi Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
spanish, yes jeje. I am writting it in spanish for that reason I want that somebody translates english so that all can read it, because if no, only they can read fic that understand spanish

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
In that case, start a separate thread in this Fanfic Related folder asking for a Spanish-speaking beta reader. Your request might get missed in among this thread.

Good luck!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
estefi Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
thank you very much, with my fic I can compete in kerth awards?

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yes, but the Kerths are not until March or so. All stories that have been written in the past year (so from march 2006 to march 2007) can compete. The process goes like this:
- a nomination phase. Everyone can send in their nomination for different catagories (such as waffy, supershort, relationship). If your story is nominated by enough people, you're in the running!
- a voting phase. The nominations are published (about 5 per catagory) and everyone can send in their votes.
- a ceremony. The winners are announced and we all cheer! clap

You can find some more info and look at previous years here .

I love the smell of fear in the newsroom.
estefi Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
thanks,that is kerth 2007 already has been celebrated, and I can send my fic when it finishes it for the ceremony of the 2008 rigth?

Features Writer
Features Writer
All stories that have been written in the past year (so from march 2006 to march 2007) can compete.
Actually, the stories eligible for the Kerth Awards each year are based on the calendar year, not just the 12 months before the ceremony.

So for the competition in the spring of 2008, the eligible stories would have been posted at some time in 2007 (January through to December). If they are submitted to the Lois & Clark Fanfic Archive , the stories will automatically be included on the Eligible Stories list that is usually posted in February.

If a story is rated higher than PG-13 - even if it is only one tiny section - then it is eligible for the nKerth Awards instead. Those are held on a different timetable, since there are not always many eligible stories on a yearly basis.

Here are links to the award websites:

Kerth Awards

nKerth Awards

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
and I can send my fic when it finishes it for the ceremony of the 2008 rigth?
You don't have to send your story to anyone. As Kathy says, if your story is gfic and you submit it to the Archive in the eligible year, then your story will automatically be added to the list of eligible stories by the Kerth committee.

There's no requirement to do that, though. If you don't want to send your story to the Archive that's fine. You simply have to have posted your story, complete, somewhere online during the eligible period. And if you don't submit it to the Archive it's then up to you to mail the committee when the Kerths roll around and let them know you want your story included in the eligibles list. But that's easy enough to do. smile

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
estefi Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
ok, thanks you very much, my fic has some parts of nfic but the vocabulary is very careful so perhaps instead of nfic it is gfic+13, I send my fic and you decide if it is nfic or gfic, ok?

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hi estefi! Welcome to the boards! Have you actually started writing your fic?

Procrastinators unite! Tomorrow.
estefi Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
yes, I am going to begin the capitulate 7 and I take written 7pages, the title in spanish is Dejame que entre en tu corazon, it is romantic, dramatic, passional of a whole little

estefi Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
I have written 10chapters and I am going to begin the chapter 11

estefi Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
I hope that you like my fic, I take writting 12chapters. If it wasn't written in spanish, it copied fic here

Features Writer
Features Writer
If it wasn't written in spanish, it copied fic here
If you don't mind me asking, what exactly does this mean? I hope it doesn't mean that English fics are being translated into Spanish and passed off as other fics or something along those lines.

Just wondering. And congrats on the progress you are making on your fic; we don't often hear about the creative process.

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi!

EditorJax, I think Estefi meant that if her fanfic wasn't written in spanish she would post it in the Fanfic folder.

Over at Zoom's I was suggesting her to post her fanfic in parts but actually I'm not sure if there are rules or something (at Zooms or here) about posting fics in another language.

Carolyn smile

Pisco and Ceviche ->100% PERUVIAN. Never doubt that.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard