Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#156176 08/17/07 05:14 AM
Laura S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I hope this is the right section for this. I have a question. I thought I remember reading at one time that there was a challenge where if you pledged to write a short fic, someone wrote one for you. You could put in three "must haves" (Revelation scene, waff, Lucy Lane) and three "don't wants" (Martha and Jonathon, kryptonite, ect.) I don't think I made this up, but it could have been in a different fandom. So if it WAS here, does anybody have the link to the stories that came out of it? Or are they just posted on the boards? And also... would anybody be interested in doing it again sometime?

--Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Features Writer
Features Writer
Oooh I wouldn't mind trying! I've seen similar things in other fandoms, but usually on LJ. Dunno if I ever saw an LnC one... that would be spiffy!

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oooh! I'd do it too! laugh

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Laura S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Ooh! Well if we could get a few more people, I wouldn't mind organizing and divvying up the stories (But I'd like to write one too!) I have to leave for work now, but when I get back maybe I could make an "official" thread. If people would like to anyway. I think it'd be fun. But I'm 99 percent sure the idea wasn't mine, lol. But maybe it WAS a different fandom. Anyway, I could give a cutoff date for people to sign up and then I could randomly scramble the requests and send each person their assignment? What do you think about that idea? Or if someone else feels they could do it better, I have no problem there either. smile Whatever everyone wants.

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
There was a thread a while ago where people mentioned the concept of a 'ficathon', which this is. I've taken part in a few in my other fandom, and organised one. There are variations of how to organise it, but usually people will indicate what they do and don't want in their story, and what they are and aren't willing to write, and the organisers match up requests on that basis.

So, for example, for an L&C ficathon a request might look like this:

Three things I want in my fic:
1: Lois and Clark romance
2: revelation
3: Someone else finding out before Lois
Preferred season:
S1 or S2
Three things I don't want:
1: Lex Luthor
2: Dan Scardino
3: Babyfic

I am able/willing to write:
S1 and S2, all characters, drama, humour, romance, revelation.
Three things I won't write:
1: Crossovers
2: Nfic
3: Romance between Lois or Clark and any other character.

Obviously, this structure can be varied, but this is one suggestion. Normally, there's a deadline for signups and once assignments have been sent to authors there's a deadline for posting the fic - usually something like six weeks from the date assigments are distributed. When fics are posted, it's usual to say who it's written for.

Oh, and you might want to ask if people are willing to 'pinch-hit' - in other words, be a backup writer if someone drops out. Authors can say in their signup whether or not they're willing to pinch-hit.

I hope you run with this - it should be a lot of fun!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
I'd love to help, too!

Mona

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard