Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#156076 07/31/07 04:16 AM
Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi fans of Nan's Home series. Here is the new 2 page poster of the extensive Kent, Olsen, Klein and Lyons family tree. It is now on 2 pages. Print each page, then cut the margin on either the first or second page so that the "S" shield looks whole. Then you have an 11" x 14" poster of the geneology.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

If you already have the first page, remember to refresh if the new one doesn't show up. Hopefully these copies will be more readable since I used bold type on the superhero names. For larger copies go to: http://www.folcsite.com/misc/bighomegen.jpg and http://www.folcsite.com/misc/bighomegen2.jpg

[Linked Image]

Here are Artemis and Nan with Peggy who won the framed poster at the LAFF 2007 Auction. $350 was raised from the whole auction to donate to ALS in honor of Lane Smith.
Enjoy!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Seriously cool, Artemis. And well done on the charity contributions! clap clap clap

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Top Banana
Online Content
Top Banana
Please - what program was used to generate the original relationship chart?

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Dandello:
Wow, somebody interested in the techie stuff! It is Microsft Power Point, for me part of the Office suite. The Superhero relationship stuff is in Excel (yeah, the accounting program).
I like Power Point for large complex stuff better than word because things stay where you put them. Start with the blank presentation and just start putting names and drawing lines. I admit I've had a lot of practice at it and do my Christmas letters in Power Point with family pictures.
To get it on the boards, I print it "best" and then scan it on a scanner at 300 pixels to make a .jpg file. For posting here I take the big picture (bighomegen) and use Arcsoft to reduce it to 600 pixels wide. I also need to "sharpen lightly" to get the small printing (12 point) to show up better.
Let me know anything else you want to know. The e-mail address is above.
regards
Artemis
I can e-mail you the original Power Point file if you want to play around with something similar. It might be useful for your Planes series.

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Just out of curiosity...

Does printing then scanning as a jpg work much better than saving it as a jpg in power point? Does power point work better than publisher? My sister swears by publisher but I didn't have it for a long time and used pp instead.

Carol

Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Does printing then scanning as a jpg work much better than saving it as a jpg in power point? Does power point work better than publisher?
Printing and scanning gives me a bigger picture than saving it as a .jpg (3039 pixels wide vs. 720). True, I cut it down to 600 wide to post here, but the bigger one is available for those who want it. It isn't so relevant here, but PP is better than .jpg for multislide things like illustrated books, since you can sort, rearrange and print in order.
I think Publisher vs. PowerPoint is a personal choice. I used PowerPoint first and am better at its little nuances and find it more accomodating for drawing like this. I have a friend who uses Publisher, which seems stronger for multicopy things like address books and name tags. I also think the art tools (like the heading type here) is better in PP than Publisher, but I could be wrong.
cool
Artemis

Blogger
Blogger
There's a red asterisk near Mike Kent's name. What does the red asterisk mean?

Artemis Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Dang, I thought I fixed that. It's a typo. It should be a blue asterisk. I'll fix it next time I do an update.
cool
Artemis

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard