Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#155776 07/11/07 01:46 PM
MissyG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I'm back. I can't stay away and I've been writing on both stories.

I'm leaning towards What's Love but S6 is calling too. Or does anyone care?

GAH! It seems this fandom always calls you back however far you've roamed! I'm back in love with Clark, Kal and Lois.

Any thoughts? Any BR volunteers? I'm going to need my butt kicked - repeatedly.

Excerpts:

Strangers 6 - No Greater Love

John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Lois Lane stretched like a cat in her bed on top of the covers, daydreaming about the night before. She sighed, thinking about the kisses, the stars, and the wonderful feeling that finally, at last, the man or men, who she loved was conveniently bound up in one glorious man - Clark Kal Kent!

Her life was finally coming together. The mental angst that she'd endured for almost a year had finally come to blessed conclusion. She was in love with her best friend, sexy partner, and was ready to take the future on by the horns, or the cape. Clark, who'd she'd been in love with at first sight, was the same guy who'd she'd been best friends with for a year. Kal, the only best friend she'd ever known, had turned out to be the gorgeous God in Glasses that had stuck by her through thick and thin. Her hero, her once in a lifetime love was all bottled up in one, or two gorgeous packages.

A quiet knock on her window suddenly thrilled her. Smoothing back her hair and adjusting her clothing, Lois called. "Come in, Kal."

She shook her head at his appearance. Her loveable lunkhead had his suit on, complete with rumpled hair and glasses.

He ducked his head shyly and she suddenly decided *not* to have mercy on him - at least not right away.

"So. Who are you tonight? Kal or Clark?"

His eyes rose in fright and he turned around to leave.

~*~*~*~*~

Excerpt: What's Love Got To Do With It

Tugging at her shoes while waiting for Clark to open the door to their apartment. She couldn't wait to sink into their soft sofa and stick her bare feet up on the table.

The lock clicked open and Clark held the door for her to enter first, her shoes dangling off the ends of her fingers. The apartment was filled with delicious smells and pots and pans rattling in the kitchen.

"Mom?" Clark called out tentatively.

"In here, honey. Just fixing you two a bite to eat before your father and I hit the road." Martha replied cheerily. The older couple had decided to rent a car and drive it back to Smallville with their precious cargo of Superman's suits. It had been mutually agreed that it would have been too big a risk to take it on a plane. "Your father's cleaning up in the washroom. He just got back from getting the rental, and we'll get out of your hair soon."

Clark placed his arm around his mother and gave her a quick hug and a kiss on her cheek. "Why the locked doors?"

"Oh, honey!" Martha answered nonchalantly. "We're technically *still* celebrating our anniversary."

"Martha!" "Mom!" both Lois and Clark yelped in embarrassment.

Clark shuffled his feet, his cheeks reddened by his parents' neverending affection for each other. But he wouldn't have it any other way. He just wished he had a warning before one of his mom's comments. "Are you sure you don't want to wait until the morning? I can sleep on the sofa..."

"We'll be fine, Clark. We're only planning to drive for a couple of hours before finding a hotel."

"If you're sure," he replied as he felt his cheeks flush even more at the thought of his amorous parents in a hotel room.

"Yes, dear. Now why don't you get washed up and Lois and I can set the table."

Lois could sense that Martha wanted to talk to her alone as she padded into the kitchen and caught her eyes. Sharing a quick, knowing grin, she turned to Clark and directed, "Go! Get comfortable and say hi to your dad. The sooner you do, the sooner I can get out of these pantyhose." Giving him a pat on the shoulder, she dismissed him to the bedroom.

After setting a stack of plates on the kitchen counter, Lois turned to Martha expectantly and waited.

"How is he, dear?" Martha asked barely in a whisper. "How is he *really*?"

Take your pick. I can probably get lost in either story. Just wanted to give you a choice!

ARGH!!! Decisions!!!

Missy

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh - can't we have both???

Whichever you choose, Missy - everyone will be thrilled that you're back writing these characters!!!!

I'm dying to find out how What's Love is going to end (now I'll have to go re-read the first 15 or so parts!)...but I also want to see how long Lois makes Clark/Kal squirm before giving in and letting him know that she knows!

So - yeah - as long as we get posts, I'm guessing you won't get any complaints!

Great to have you back!

I'd BR for you but I have no idea how or what to do!

Shells

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

- Mahatma Gandhi
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, I so care!

Well, I'll be vocal and put in a vote for Strangers, but I'm sure I'll read whatever you run with. Best of luck!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
YAY!!!! hyper hyper hyper Is "What's love" really up again? dance dance dance
I have hoped that it wasn't dead for a very long time, and I'd be very happy if you could write it again! That teaser you posted on February last year has left me hoping for a new part, so I'm glad that you came back to work on it! laugh

Simona smile
who'd be very, very happy to have both your stories!

MissyG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Two votes for What's Love and one for Strangers!

What's Love is definitely not dead! And I'd be happy to email the whole file that was posted to anyone who wants to reread or catch up.

Writing both at once is not out of the question. I need some time to get ahead and get some BRs on board.

Thanks for your interest and enthusiasm!!

Missy

Merriwether
Merriwether
Another vote for YAY MISSY'S WRITING! Whichever one you write, I'll be waiting for. laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
As you'd expect, I say BOTH! But first things first. I think What's Love should be finished up first before Strangers.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, I don't have much interest at the moment in reading fanfic, but I will say it's just nice to see you back at last, Missy, and to see you writing again! We've missed you. Welcome home. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I haven't much time for reading these days, but welcome home, Missy! smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Missy is so good to have you back! smile1 I was reading both of your stories but I have to say I would like to have What's Love finished first just because I can't wait to see how it's going to end! I want to see Lois and Clark behaving like a married couple even though they aren't wink I want to see them falling in love in the meantime wink I would like to have the whole file for What's Love so I can read it again. Can you please send it to me? blush

It's good to have you back on board, Missy! thumbsup We definitely missed you!

Raquel smile

"It's not the years that count, it's the moments, right now as they happen." (Clark Kent to Lois Lane - Brutal Youth - S4)
Columnist
Columnist
I vote for What's Love. And I'd love for you to send me the whole file so I can reread it. My email address is in my profile.

Thanks. I look forward to reading!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Columnist
Columnist
What's love is back. Wow.

Could you please send me the file too? smile1

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
ooh - could I get the file for what's love, too?

thank you!

shells

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

- Mahatma Gandhi
L
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
L
uhhhhhhhhhhhh....ummmmmm confused confused ehhhhh huh huh ohh...*jumps up* 2 votes for What's Love....1 for Strangers

Features Writer
Features Writer
Missy, I adore the Strangers series, but I have to cast my vote for What's Love. I'm very excited at the prospect of seeing more! dance

Welcome back!

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Another vote for What's love. Welcome back!

Procrastinators unite! Tomorrow.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Definitely What's Love... I was afraid that I would never see it end. Oh, Missy...Puleeeese...

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
MISSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd love either and or both!!!

And would LOVE to BR for you again!!!!!

{{{{MISSY!!!!}}}}

Have missed you!!!
Carol

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hey Missy... smile

I think you should write whatever your muses are talking to you about. It's really good to hear you are back writing again. smile

Talk to you I guess smile

keep penning,

Marns
~pobody's nerfect
Columnist
Columnist
Would love both but guess I'll vote for What's Love. Also willing to beta email is in my profile. dance

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard