Print Thread
#15573 09/12/04 07:13 PM
daneel Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Hmm, Lex could have cameras? frown

Jose smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#15574 09/13/04 01:42 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay! Oh, this is good, Nan. We've got Brian more or less taken care of (thanks for giving him a name, it makes commenting much easier! goofy ), there's a plan to stop Lex and maybe even throw him in jail, and Clark wants to have a private chat with Lois somewhere. Gee, wonder what he wants to talk about? I can't wait to see his reaction when he realizes that Lois has figured him out already laugh

But I'm willing to bet you've got a few more exciting surprises and/or plot twists for us before the end of the story <g>

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#15575 09/13/04 03:49 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I'm sure Superman is fast enough for Luthor's cameras. My concern is really that Kryptonite cage. Then again, it was in the wine cellar right?

--meclone2--

#15576 09/13/04 05:17 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
More, more!

This is speeding towards a showdown and I am loving it!

I wonder if you're planning on having Lois let Clark in on the fact that she knows he's Superman. I like all her private asides when she recognizes all the little things he used to do that now all make sense.

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
#15577 09/13/04 07:21 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1 Jimmy is going to find what they need.

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#15578 09/13/04 07:31 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Brian Kent...hmmm, has a nice ring to it.

Long lost twin raised by pygmies in the Australian outback. Yeah, that's the ticket dizzy

Love the story, but Lex is not stupid. However, Lex didn't have kryptonite at this time in the series...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#15579 09/13/04 08:38 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Just to let you know I am reading and loving this story! I was very happy to see you post Part 16.

Pam said,
Clark wants to have a private chat with Lois somewhere. Gee, wonder what he wants to talk about? I can't wait to see his reaction when he realizes that Lois has figured him out already
That brings up an interesting point. If my memory serves me well, the reason Lois hasn't let on that she knows about Superman is because she wanted to show Clark that she cared for him as Clark, right? (Please tell me I'm not mixing up your story with someone else's. That is the problem with reading too many WIPs.) Since Clark is giving indications of wanting to talk to Lois, and since it is pretty obvious what he wants to talk about, Lois doesn't have much time left to make her point. Up until now, she has certainly been nicer and friendlier to Clark but her actions can still be taken as "friendly" and nothing more. Maybe she should turn up the heat? (hint. hint.)

Looking forward to Part 17!

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#15580 09/13/04 09:25 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good point, Vicki, but then that raises new problems... Will Clark believe Lois is really interested in him once he realizes she's on to him, and has been for some time?

Still, there's her comment that Superman's not a name, it's a description. Great line.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#15581 09/13/04 11:26 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yes, I'm worried too that Clark's insecurities will cause him to think that Lois only likes/loves(?) him because she found out he was Superman. So, what should she do? It seems like the longer she pretends not to know, the harder it is going to be to convince him that she loves him for himself. Oh, the tangled web we weave...

Still, there's her comment that Superman's not a name, it's a description. Great line.
Oh! I forgot to comment about that! Yes, this was a great line. I loved that Clark picked up on it, too. Way to go, Lois!

- Vicki

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#15582 09/13/04 11:42 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Brian. I just can't see him as a Brian but at least he isn't "hey you". This is going along very well Nan. Looking forward to more soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#15583 09/13/04 12:50 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah, Brian doesn't really work for me either, but I have personal reasons for that. wink But anyway, great progress on this, Nan! I really, really liked Clark's conversation with the clone. Others have commented on Lois's 'Superman's not a name, it's just a description' line - I loved it too. Except I did half-expect the clone to ask Clark what his name was after Lois said it and then continued to call him Superman! goofy

More soon, I hope - especially since you clearly have Clark preparing to tell Lois the truth soon!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#15584 09/13/04 12:51 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Well, they are trying to close the noose around Lex's neck, but he's always been very good at dancing away from culpability.

Lois will have a hard time 'pretending' to enjoy her date and that could alert Luthor that something is not as it appears.

More sooner

Tank (who says... "Brian"? what a stupid name for a Superman)

#15585 09/14/04 02:54 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Tank:
Tank (who says... "Brian"? what a stupid name for a Superman)
peep How about Dean? That has a nice ring to it...

James peep

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard