Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#155704 07/10/07 02:30 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I have used Claude Guillot (pronounced gee-oh with a hard 'g' [instead of the soft 'g' which sounds like a 'j']) because of a guy I went to college with who was self-important and superior and smug and very irritating. (He dropped out before he finished the first semester). I also made him use 'DuBois' (pronounced doo-bwah) when he was using a false identity.

But whatever you come up with will be fine. If he's going to be a major character, may I suggest 'Michaud' for no particular reason?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#155705 07/11/07 12:05 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
just wanted to clarify - "Malfois" is Olympe's suggestion , not mine smile

c.

#155706 07/11/07 02:18 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
*lol* Terry, I love "Guillot", it sounds great!! Quite close to "guillotine" and that kinda creates a nice image, to me... hehehehe! wink

Michaud is nice, too. I wouldn't use it myself, but only because Claude Michaud is the name of a rather well known Quebec actor - who happens to be nice and amusing, not at all evil and annoying. *lol* So the mental image wouldn't fit in my head. *giggles*

I've been trying to find some sort of pun we could make with his name (like the one that's being used for Ralph.. *lol*) but I couldn't find any English words that start with the right sound... Or French ones, for that matter. Well, OK, I found one - claudicant - but I have no idea how to turn that into a first/last name combination and it's really not that funny anyway. Oh hum.

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#155707 07/12/07 12:29 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
WOOPS....... Sorry about the mis-quote there... do not have a clue as to how I made that mistake

Claude: and puns...

hmmm
let's ramble a bit (because isn't procrastinating from the real world fun!!!!!!!!)

Claude.....Claw/Claws... reminds me if Inspector Gadget
and the image is closer to Mr Smith from Vixen etc (as opposed to luckabe)

Claude......Flawed....
Claude... Forward (as in his manner was very forward...)
C.............Coward
C.............Clod
..............clout

btw. I liked the Guillotine reference
then if you use DuBois there is always "THE DUBIOUS Monsieur Claude DuBois" (but is that what you were going for Terry, I read your fic when LL goes into space and Claude is murdered?)
and I loved that fic....one of my fav's the write stuff

You can't have MANSLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER

The Neuroscientist: Eating glass makes you smart...do you want to see what you can learn?
#155708 07/12/07 09:49 AM
Laura S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Oh my gosh! You guys cracked me up with some of those.

How about Claude Malfois? (It can be roughly translated as "(a) bad time". Lois sure would agree...) Yes, it's derived from Malfoy...
smile But they were all really wonderful and helpful suggestions. Sorry it's taken me so long to respond! I've been away for the past few days with no internet access and no way for my L and C fix. *sigh.* But this is all wonderfully helpful. I feel like it's my birthday and I get to go down and select a name...

Thanks everyone!

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
#155709 07/14/07 10:16 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Claude Yarmoff? (say it to yourself)

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#155710 07/16/07 06:13 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Originally posted by ccmalo:
in the show his nationality was never given,
LOIS:Don\'t be ridiculous. It was ...e was French -- he had this accent...

As for his last name I like " St. Dimas ".

Framework4
#155711 07/18/07 01:21 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Interesting that you chose St.Dimas

It adds a side to Claude that is not often seen in fandom, which is his penitence...

I read one story once (actually a favourite, but before I started saving to my hard-drive so cannot name it for you) whereby C. is dying of AIDS, and comes back because he must inform L. of the issue due to their past history.... if you want to pursue this angle, then I highly recommend it...does anyone know the story I mean... C. also gives L. his Kerth at some awards ceremony as a sign of his repentance...

You can't have MANSLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER

The Neuroscientist: Eating glass makes you smart...do you want to see what you can learn?
#155712 07/18/07 07:21 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Redemption by Irene Dutch

A delightful story. As normal with Irene's tales they pull on your heart stings.

Framework4
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard