Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I've got an idea for... something... that would take place at the time of HiM. But - sadly enough blush - there's quite a bit of the a-plot that I don't understand. And I would need to so I can write something that makes sense. laugh

If I understand correctly, this time, Luthor isn't the bad guy at all - he's one of the "injured parties". Is that right? He just happened to be rich enough to have funded the Shock Wave project that Roarke wants to blow up so he can replace it with his own?

Is that it? Or did I get that all wrong? (I admit that what I most remember from the ep is definitely NOT the a-plot... and it was confusing enough anyway that I never quite got the idea behind it.)

Hopefully I'm right because that would mean I can write this story. It would have a title that begins with the letter F, if anyone still remembers what that means. <Lara whistles innocently>

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
C_A Offline
Columnist
Columnist
If I understand correctly, this time, Luthor isn't the bad guy at all - he's one of the "injured parties". Is that right? He just happened to be rich enough to have funded the Shock Wave project that Roarke wants to blow up so he can replace it with his own?
You are correct laugh .

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa
Merriwether
Merriwether
Yes, I know what the letter F means. (When it's not a grade, lol). Do you think you can get through the alphabet this year?

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks C_A! smile I'm so doing the happy dance - my idea stands a chance. *yay* AND I can even fit it in with my "Lex-free Universe" - woooot!!

Do you think you can get through the alphabet this year?
Honestly, I would *love* to be able to. But if I'm being realistic, it's already getting *very* hard to find ideas that revolve around mistaken identities of the bat-kind, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it. I am trying, though. I definitely have not given up! smile

Merriwether
Merriwether
I, for one, wouldn't mind if the topic changed slightly.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I'm totally open to suggestions, my friend. Fire away. smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
I, for one, wouldn't mind if the topic changed slightly.
Just curious, as I seem to be missing something, what IS the topic? The F thing? Sorry I'm a little new. blush

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Merriwether
Merriwether
Here's one. In the I-N section, perhaps, Lois could be told that Clark is a different superhero. I know you covered that some in Blind as a Bat, but if you think that it would work? This would be in a U where A Sister Should Know, etc. didn't happen.

Another possibility is doing something with Bruce Wayne and a (girlfriend?) where someone thinks he is Superman.

in response to Laura, yes and no. The "F" thing is in reference to a series LaraMoon was/is doing with each successive story having the next letter. It started with a 20-minute challenge response called A Sister Should Know, then Blind as a Bat, etc. There have been five stories so far so the next one would start with...

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hehe - no worries Laura. It's a little obscure.

I have a series of stories that I've started (I call it my "Clark Kent is Batman... NOT!" series because the first stories have to do with people thinking Clark is Batman... hehe!) and the titles go in alphabetical order from A to E for now. Working on F right now. laugh

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Here's one. In the I-N section, perhaps, Lois could be told that Clark is a different superhero.
smile Okies, you got the wheels turning. hehehe! I can time-warp, I guess anyway.

Another possibility is doing something with Bruce Wayne and a (girlfriend?) where someone thinks he is Superman.
That's pretty much what he says in Dark Night - that women think he's Superman. LOL! But that just gave me another idea, though. <wicked grin>

Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh! Those sound pretty awesome actually! I'll have to go check them out. Thanks Lara and Woody. laugh

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
The first 3 are at the archive:

A Sister Would Know
Blind... as a Bat!
Cut From the Same Cape

the other 2 are on the boards someplace. *lol*

Dark Night
Exclusive!

I guess I should make a TOC for the entire series, huh...

Top Banana
Top Banana
Actually I think I read Cut from the Same Cape... It was really good! anyway, I'll go reread them all in order. Thanks for telling me where they are all. And I hope this next one pans out too!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, I know what F means, but I'm a little confused with what you are asking about the episode. I thought Luthor was always the bad guy, but it just may be that I don't understand what you are referring to. huh

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I thought Luthor was always the bad guy, but it just may be that I don't understand what you are referring to.
I thought he was always the bad guy, too. But in *that* episode, it seemed to me that he was not. At all. That someone is out to get him - for a change. Apparently, I'm right.... wink

Merriwether
Merriwether
I just realized that means Lex would have something to thank Superman for. I can imagine that fact irked him.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I guess I just don't remember that part of the ep. I'll have to watch again. I tend to try to forget the Luthor parts.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
After the hit on the head from Nightfall or an encounter with red kryptonite Clark could think he's Batman.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ooooh! Great idea!!! Thank you! laugh

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard