Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Kerth
Kerth
I cannot even begin to contemplate which of my siblings I will choose between who to kill off.....
Geez, I must be a terrible person because I know *exactly* which one of my five younger siblings I would off first.

Sue (oldest of six with one sibling who "visited" my house a few months ago while I was at work and "borrowed" two digital cameras and my entire DVD collection - over 200 movies, and *all* the seasons of shows like Friends, Frasier, Arrested Development, Monarch of the Glen, Lois and Clark, etc...)

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Top Banana
Top Banana
On the coke as a spermicide conversation. It was studied by Harvard and then several times afterward. If you want to read about it here is a fun article:

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/sperm.asp

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Top Banana
Top Banana
Mythbusters actually did an episode where they tested the Coca Cola theory--it actually seemed to make them MORE potent.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Merriwether
Merriwether
*giggle* They got sugar highs?

beethoven, you seem to think that 9 kids is an astonishingly large family. Don't tell my former neighbors (one has 10, one 11, two 12, and another 13), or my aunt and uncle (12), or my sister-in-law's parents (12).

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Top Banana
Top Banana
I took a speech class at college a couple semesters back, and one of my classmates had SIXTEEN siblings--although most of them were half-siblings.

One of my ex-boyfriends had 9 half-siblings, and he was the tenth child--the only one from that particular marriage between his parents.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
My father was the youngest of TWENTY. Same parents.

When he moved in with his foster family, he became the oldest of 7 there (mostly theirs, but I think one was a cousin they adopted.)

Mom is the youngest of 6, 8 if you count the twins that died as infants.

My Aunt Bridget has 9, and they're all older than me.

Cousin Debbie currently has 5.

Personally, I'm an only child. Is it any wonder that for a long time, I thought it would be no big deal for Lois and Clark to have 5-7 kids? :p

~•~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I don't really want to ban all discussion on my opinions...

sorry, but I have had a lot of slack from colleagues, who wanted to teach my parents about contraception...
grumble grumble grumble

I just really wanted to avoid any really rude comments of the like...

Although, ffrom my experience here on te forums, I never really expected anything too rude, etc.

I only wanted to avoid any comments directed towards my parents' choices...

They were not my choices (not that I disagree with them or anything)

and it is not my place to disagree, or agree, with their decisions...

I know plenty of people with large families, I just wanted to avoid any discussions about mine, because I have been burned in the past when I mentioned the fat i am one of 9 kids...

I trust you
but anyone can be cautious

You can't have MANSLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER

The Neuroscientist: Eating glass makes you smart...do you want to see what you can learn?
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Most are there for six months, sometimes less. Only about 1/4 of the scientists stay they for the true winter.
Didn’t know that, but it makes sense. The documentary I saw was about one specific base or lab so it wouldn’t have been indicative of Anarctic studies as a whole. I guess I should have specified that before.

compare this to a 2 yr old i nanny part time (dont know the verb for Nanny... any suggestions)
Nanny is the term I’d use. I’ve also heard au pair and governess.

Please no comments about… the choices my parents made... I am me, they are them, I love my life, and I love my siblings just like you do... we all have our differences, but we are also our own best friends...
There’s nothing wrong with having a bunch of kids. Why would you think folks would be upset? I love big families.

Sue (oldest of six with one sibling who "visited" my house a few months ago while I was at work and "borrowed" two digital cameras and my entire DVD collection - over 200 movies, and *all* the seasons of shows like Friends, Frasier, Arrested Development, Monarch of the Glen, Lois and Clark, etc...)
Yep, that would my urge to kill. And I’m sure there will be at least some of that collection they will deny having ever having ‘taken’. Wow, that’s a lot of DVD’s to ‘borrow’.

On the coke as a spermicide conversation. It was studied by Harvard and then several times afterward.
Oh, my gosh! And I bet our taxes paid for this study…

Personally, I'm an only child. Is it any wonder that for a long time, I thought it would be no big deal for Lois and Clark to have 5-7 kids?
I’m an only child, too. And I still don’t think it’s a big deal for them to have that many kids. I certainly think it would be okay with Clark. And I can totally see Lois falling in love with being a mom so much that she wanted a bunch of kids.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
i am one of 9 kids...
Well, it's kind of unusual, but nothing wrong with that. Sorry you've gotten grief over it; it's really insensitive for people to complain to you about what your parents did. What do they expect you to do about it? dizzy

One of the ladies I work with has 7 siblings, and one of the families at my church has 10 kids. Mostly families are smaller than that, but 3 or 4 kids per family is still very common. Me, I'm afraid I wimped out and stopped at two. We had thought about more, but our son's autistic and that's partly a genetic thing, so we didn't want to risk it.

I'll bet you have some great crowds at holiday times smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard