Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#152906 11/15/06 04:28 PM
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Hey everyone,

My roommate just asked me "how long is the longest fanfic you've ever read?" I wasn't very sure about it, but I guessed it was probably Wendy Richards' "Faux Pas."

I then decided to go search through the archive to see if I've ever read anything longer than that. I noticed that there's no way to sort the files on the archive by file size.

So I figured I'd go to Ol' Reliable: aka, the fans here on the mb's. notworthy

So here's the question: What's the longest completed/archived Lois & Clark fanfic out there?? Basically, what's the longest one you've ever read? I figure by starting there, we'll get a good survey of the longest stories ever written. cool

"Oh--as usual--dear." -Giles
#152907 11/15/06 04:38 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm gonna take a wild stab and say:

"Masques" - at 1,546Kb by Labrat smile

But I'm not sure.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
#152908 11/15/06 04:40 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Perhaps with "Long Strange Trip" running a close second at 1,376Kb.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#152909 11/15/06 04:52 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
From what I've heard, Masques is the longest. thumbsup

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#152910 11/15/06 04:56 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

The Long Road Home by Erin Klingler
2,479 KB

MAF

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#152911 11/15/06 04:57 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I then decided to go search through the archive to see if I've ever read anything longer than that. I noticed that there's no way to sort the files on the archive by file size.
There is, but it's a little time consuming at the moment. If you download the Excel version of the raw data for the future database here on the Archive to your pc, you should then be able to sort the data by the kb column and have the stories arranged by length.

LabRat smile (who was sure Masques had been beaten by this point...go figure. You mean no one's been idioti...er enthusiastic enough to write anything longer yet? Shame on you! laugh )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#152912 11/16/06 03:29 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Ask... Five longest stories according to the Excel sheet.

1,546 Masques Doc Klein's Labrat
1,376 Long, Strange Trip L
1,282 The Long Road Home Erin Klingler
1,002 Caped Fear Doc Klein's Labrat
832 Faux Pas Wendy Richards

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#152913 11/16/06 03:32 PM
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Wow thanks guys for the quick response. To a rather silly question.

By the way - Does anyone mind explaining to me how to sort the raw data as mentioned? (I just haven't used Excel in ages.) Also, I'm working on a Mac. (Okay now I'm off topic, sorry guys!)

Thanks!

"Oh--as usual--dear." -Giles
#152914 11/17/06 03:06 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Are you using Microsoft Office/Excel, AppleWorks, OpenOffice or something else? I can tell you MS Excel off the top of my head, but I'd have to wait until tonight to tell you AppleWorks. It should be semi-similar.

First thing to do, if you're sorting by size, is to remove Kb from all of the files. Excel is easy: highlight the column, go to Edit -> Replace, type Kb into the first box and leave the second blank, and click Replace All. Voila, all you have left are numbers. Then select everything. All of the data. You can select the header at the top if you want, but it won't make a difference. Then go to Data -> Sort. Choose the column (should be Column D or FILESIZE). Select Descending to make the numbers go from high to low. Click OK, and voila! Everything's sorted.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#152915 11/18/06 03:47 PM
T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
As far as the record for the longest fanfic, I think The Longest Roads: The Roads They Walked Alone by Raconteur will be the longest when it's finally finished (probably just in time for the 2012 Kerths). And I've read all the way through Masques twice, and both times I found it compelling all the way through. The story never lagged, never seemed to be showing characters just because it was their time to appear. And I loved the way LabRat brought in the clone Lois and did a masterful job of making her a real, individual human being. If you haven't read it, it's definitely worth the time investment.

By the bye, if you pull Masques into Microsoft Word, change the font to Times New Roman 12-point, and painstakingly go through the whole thing and take out the hard carriage returns, it's 567 pages long with 276,550 words.

Not counting the introduction/acknowledgements/disclaimers at the beginning.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#152916 11/18/06 03:56 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Terry, thank you for the wonderful compliment! It's quite made my night. I'm delighted that you enjoyed Masques. And in particular, thank you for your comments about Eve. As you probably already know, part of my original motivation for writing Masques was that I'd always seen the clone as more a victim of Lex than his ally and I wanted to make her a sympathetic character if I could. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
#152917 11/21/06 07:06 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, fine...I will put Masques on my reading list... wink (I always thought the clone needed a break too. Don't know how I avoided knowing about that aspect for so long.) blush

Though I will be using TNR 10 with four columns and maxing out the margins. That gets me....(my, does find and replace take a long time)[gasp] 227 pages!

I can do it? Um,I can do it.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#152918 01/30/08 11:08 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The last update for this Excel file was July 2007.

Any updates soon?

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#152919 01/30/08 01:19 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, it's been updated since then - I think it's the counter that's lagging. Not sure when, but definitely towards the end of 2007.

But, beyond that, it'll be next updated when I get the free time to do it. wink

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#152920 01/30/08 02:35 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, fine...I will put Masques on my reading list... (I always thought the clone needed a break too. Don't know how I avoided knowing about that aspect for so long.)

Though I will be using TNR 10 with four columns and maxing out the margins. That gets me....(my, does find and replace take a long time)[gasp] 227 pages!

I can do it? Um,I can do it.
You can do it, James!! It's a must-read, although I haven't read it more than once for some reason. I stayed up all night to watch my dog after his surgery a few years ago, and Masques kept me occupied til 8am! laugh

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#152921 01/30/08 05:22 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
As far as the record for the longest fanfic, I think The Longest Roads: The Roads They Walked Alone by Raconteur will be the longest when it's finally finished
Actually, that one is finished and on the archive as of May 2007. It's the third installment that Rac is still working on.

who was sure Masques had been beaten by this point...go figure
Sorry, Labby, it has. By The Longest Road: The Roads They Walked Alone. And since it's been on the archive since May, I'm not quite sure why its statistics didn't show up for Karen in the Excel spreadsheet, because it is 1810KB according to the Archive.

The new "longest fic ever"... smile

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#152922 01/30/08 07:13 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And since it's been on the archive since May, I'm not quite sure why its statistics didn't show up for Karen in the Excel spreadsheet, because it is 1810KB according to the Archive.
Oh, that's easy. Because this is a very old thread. laugh Karen's post (and mine for that matter) was 2006 and Rac's story was submitted in March 2007.

Jen - thank you!

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#152923 01/31/08 04:32 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Because this is a very old thread.
eek Hadn't even noticed the dates on some of the earlier posts in the threads! Sorry about that. It all makes perfect sense now...

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#152924 01/31/08 05:02 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL - easy enough to miss when an old thread is suddenly resurrected. Been caught that way a time or two myself!

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#152925 01/31/08 09:42 AM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
I'm currently writing a story (not for L&C) that's over 1000 pages in Microsoft Word, the text file was over 2MB last time I checked, and it is approaching 500,000 words. I think that's the longest fanfic (ever, in any fandom) I've ever seen (and I'm rather dumbfounded I've written it, tbh).

As far as L&C goes, I've read all of those top 5 length-wise listed by Karen, and I heartily recommend them! Wonderful reads. All of them!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
#152926 01/31/08 09:45 AM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Oh, good grief. I got sucked into not looking at the post dates, either. Sorry to beat a dead horse smile

#152927 01/31/08 05:52 PM
T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
Aria, you have a work in progress that's half a million words? Zowie! If James Michener were still alive he'd be insanely jealous.

Let us know where you post it when it's finally done. I'd like to be able to say that I read a half-million word story.

Oh, and you might check out the Original Fiction folder on these boards. It might suit your story. And we'd know where to find it.

#152928 02/01/08 05:18 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I've been gone for awhile, so I'm really out of the loop here. TGND, which isn't on the archive yet (who on earth would want to GE it?) is 1.9 MB and I've still got the last 4th or so to look over "one last time" before I submit it...

`Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
#152929 02/01/08 08:16 AM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Aria, you have a work in progress that's half a million words? Zowie! If James Michener were still alive he'd be insanely jealous.

Let us know where you post it when it's finally done. I'd like to be able to say that I read a half-million word story.
Yes, it's still a WIP. I've been working on it since April 07, and I have 2 more planned chapters to go. The home stretch is killing me! It's a Grey's Anatomy Meredith/Derek fanfic/epic/thing, plus it's rated mature, so I couldn't post it in the original fic forum, I don't think. Anyway, I've been posting it to my livejournal - http://ariaadagio.livejournal.com if you're still truly interested. It's called Lightning Strikes Twice.

#152930 02/01/08 09:08 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It's a Grey's Anatomy Meredith/Derek fanfic/epic/thing, plus it's rated mature, so I couldn't post it in the original fic forum, I don't think.
Plus, it's fanfic. So it wouldn't fit in the Original Fiction folder, I'm afraid.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#152931 02/01/08 10:55 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Janet, you must get TGND onto the archive! I adore that story. I mean, I printed it. And it's loooooong. Does this mean I can't nom it for Best Overall this year? whinging

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#152932 02/01/08 11:38 AM
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Does this mean I can't nom it for Best Overall this year?
Pam, I was thinking the exact same thing! Janet, I really hope you'll make TGND eligible, if you haven't already. smile

Caroline

#152933 02/01/08 03:16 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
blush Thanks, you guys! What do I have to do to make it eligible? Just post it on the archive?

I mean, I printed it.
goofy ) I got sidetracked with another short story that had been sitting around on my hard drive, but I'm almost ready to post that one.

Oh, and Pam - I'm very flattered to see the story quoted in your signature! blush

`Toc

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
#152934 02/01/08 03:48 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
What do I have to do to make it eligible? Just post it on the archive?
To make it eligible for the '08 Kerths, I think you just need to email the K-Com at kcom07 @ lcficmbs.com.

If you upload it to the archive this year, it will automatically be eligible for next year's Kerths unless you do the above and ask the KCom to put it on this year's list instead.

Somebody please jump in and correct me if I'm wrong about this!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#152935 02/01/08 04:42 PM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Plus, it's fanfic. So it wouldn't fit in the Original Fiction folder, I'm afraid.
That's what I meant when I specified it as fanfic smile

Anyway, I haven't read the Kerth rules in a while, but my understanding of it was that it would just have to be posted anywhere on the Internet to be eligible for the Kerths. It's just that it's automatically listed as an eligible story when it's uploaded to the fanfic archive. ?

#152936 02/01/08 05:54 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lisa and Aria are absolutely right. Just mail K-Comm, Janet, and let them know you want it included in the eligibles list.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#152937 09/13/08 05:31 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Labby's Caped Fear has been pushed off the Top 5 List. laugh

Congrats to ML for coming in #5 with There's No Place Like Home's upload to the archive.

1. 1,810 The Longest Road: The Roads They Walked Alone Rac
2. 1,546 Masques Doc Klein's Labrat
3. 1,376 Long, Strange Trip L
4. 1,282 The Long Road Home Erin Klingler
5. 1,229 There's No Place Like Home ML Thompson
6. 1,002 Caped Fear Doc Klein's Labrat

party party party party

Carol

#152938 09/13/08 11:57 PM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
ML! Congrats on getting this on the Archive so fast.

And Janet, I had no idea The Girl Next Door was almost two Megs eek . I mean, this story has only 42 parts and I just kept reading and reading. clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#152939 09/14/08 05:29 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, Janet - hurry up and do those edits, so we can get this one up on the Archive and Carol has to change her list again. goofy

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#152940 09/14/08 05:32 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Hey - I'm less than 200 pages of having to edit it again anyway wink .

Learning to Love should be in your inbox in the next couple of days. It's going to be close as to whether it passes Masques or not. Depends on the Author's/Foot Notes I think.

Carol

#152941 09/14/08 11:26 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
/whispers

Check your inbox, Labby.

Carol

#152942 09/14/08 04:54 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Good thing you said, Carol. Thunderbird had dumped it into my junk folder. razz

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#152943 09/14/08 05:03 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
EEP!!!!

NO!!!!!

THAT IS *NOT* JUNK!!!!

I worked too blasted hard on it for it to be junk wink .

Carol

#152944 09/15/08 03:22 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awwwwww. Well, considering some of the stuff Thunderbird has dumped into my junk folder, it never did have any taste. wink

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#152945 10/02/08 01:57 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Once again I'm wandering into this thread belatedly...

Yes, Janet - hurry up and do those edits, so we can get this one up on the Archive and Carol has to change her list again.
I'm running out of year, here, aren't I? The last time I mentioned I was working the story was at the beginning of the year. I'm down to just one stubborn section, though. And the story has actually made it to the GE stage. (Thanks, Tricia - I swear I haven't fallen off the earth, here, either. Hopefully I'll have the edits done soon.)

<if there was a graemlin for a missing/comatose/whatever muse, this is where I'd place it in this post>

What the muse won't cooperate on: Anybody got a good way to describe metal that isn't dull gray, but isn't super silvery-gray or shiny or what-have-you? Thesaurus isn't helping. wallbash

'Toc

Pam, Caroline - I'll be very interested in hearing what you think once the story does finally make it to the archive - parts of it were pretty tweaked over the last - what, 2 years? Seems like it, anyway - since I finished posting it and went back to editing it.

------

-Elayne Boosler
#152946 10/02/08 02:18 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Anybody got a good way to describe metal that isn't dull gray, but isn't super silvery-gray or shiny or what-have-you? Thesaurus isn't helping.
burnished to a dull, gray gleam?

Burnished always makes me think of something that is not exactly shiny but still not dull either and gleam kind of gives me the same visual.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#152947 10/02/08 02:39 AM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Gunmetal gray, slate, lusterless, lackluster.

#152948 10/06/08 04:06 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
We have a new addition to the list:

1. 1,810 The Longest Road: The Roads They Walked Alone Rac
2. 1,546 Masques Doc Klein's Labrat
3. 1,376 Long, Strange Trip L
4. 1,282 The Long Road Home Erin Klingler
5. 1,229 There's No Place Like Home ML Thompson
6. 1,224 Further on Down the Road Terry Leatherwood

[Okay - so it's #6 on the list and not #5... Tis more than close enough for an honorable mention smile .]

Carol

#152949 10/07/08 03:52 AM
T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
One of mine is number six? Wow. Just think, if I'd only kept in all those deleted scenes...

Maybe someday I'll release a director's cut.

#152950 10/07/08 07:27 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Or if you'd stuck the three of them together...

BTW, where is 'End of the Road'?!?!

Carol [who spent way too much time yesterday reading Terry-fic]

#152951 10/07/08 03:48 PM
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
<breathes massive sigh of relief> I'm still number 5! I'm still number 5! I'm still number 5!

laugh

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
#152952 10/07/08 03:51 PM
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
Hey! I just noticed something. Three of the longest six have the word "Road" in the title. Two have the word "Home"

Maybe if I'd titled my story "There's No Place Like The Road Home" it would have been number one. laugh

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
#152953 10/09/08 01:52 AM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
ML, you forgot long.

There's No Place Like The Longest Road Home, Except Maybe The Longer One That's Long.

:p

#152954 11/04/11 10:56 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois has made the grade.

8886 KB in Rich Text format
2298 KB in docx format (Word 2007)

485,386 Words

1756 pages, double spaced.

And that's before I've even started on the sequel. laugh

/whispers/ Can someone pour some water over Michael's head? I think he passed out.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#152955 11/04/11 11:02 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/whispers:
The official byte-count's equal to the total number of characters, including punctuation and spaces. In ye olden days, it was created by saving the entire thing as a plaintext-file and uploading it to the archive.

Michael

PS: Nope, not passed out. /me likes these short vignettes.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

#152956 11/04/11 11:12 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
/whispers:
The official byte-count's equal to the total number of characters, including punctuation and spaces. In ye olden days, it was created by saving the entire thing as a plaintext-file and uploading it to the archive.
OK, I still think I'm there, Michael. Just by changing Ch. 1 to plain text, which is my shortest chapter, it came to 129KB, just 21KB more than docx KB. If I did that with each of my chapters... we'd end up with KBs somewhere between the Rich Text format and the docx format. Still nothing to sneeze at (unless someone is allergic to long stories).

It's also why I included word count and page count. wink

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#152957 11/04/11 11:15 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yeah... smile

Just for now and since the stats' not current:

#1 is CarolM's On the Other Hand: 2,129k
At least, till Virginia's Missing Lois. I'm putting money down on 2,745k

For the technically minded...
The docx format is zipped. So, that's not good for measuring anything except relative size to other docx. RTF contains *way* too much verbose formatting information, so same thing. I'm going with rule of thumb: bytes = wordcount * 6

wave Michael

#152958 11/04/11 11:29 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Hmm... OTOH may have been unseated huh?

It does have a sequel in UP and at least one more unwritten. It clocks in at just over 400K words and 1090 pages in plain text format [using the standard formatting for the archive - single spacing, extra hard return between paras]. UP is not nearly as long and the other sequel/companion pieces wouldn't have been either.

If you want an actual number, save it in txt format and see what that KB is...

/eyes hard drive and contemplates new epic wink /

#152959 11/04/11 11:35 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oooooooh...

/gets all drooly over epic authors slinging ever-longer epics at one another all to the clap and dance of their fans/

Michael

#152960 11/04/11 01:40 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
/snicker/ Don't count on it from me though smile .

Working on all original stuff at the moment and for the foreseeable future smile .

#152961 09/10/12 06:52 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper The results are in! Missing Lois is the longest fanfic on the Archive! dance (Just posted tonight! I'd include the link, but as LabRat suggests - it's best for an e-reader!) According to the Archives it's 3,000 words shy of 1/2 million [Linked Image], clocking in at 2757KB.

I win: The Biggest Lack of a Social Life Award! [Linked Image]

So, if you didn't get a chance to read it on the boards (all approx. 9 months of it), it's now ready and waiting and weighing down the servers over on the Archive! Or if you'd like to read it again, now that my excellent, super fantastic General Editor -- Marcelle notworthy -- has smoothed out the bumps, and fixed all my characters' sighing blush , it's a better read than it was before. Or if you just need some light reading for the next month or so, this is the story for you! What I am saying? It's a bit heavier than most of my stuff - definitely a drama. It's my take on what S5, and probably a bit of S6, could have been. Enjoy.

As for me, I'm going to party and get back on my latest epic, which I'm hoping ( grovel ) won't beat out ML for this prize next year. (She writes as she puts the finishing touches on Part 52 for Betas.)

VirginiaR.
---
#152962 09/10/12 07:06 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The results are in! Missing Lois is the longest fanfic on the Archive! (Just posted tonight! I'd include the link, but as LabRat suggests - it's best for an e-reader!) According to the Archives it's 3,000 words shy of 1/2 million , clocking in at 2757KB.
notworthy notworthy

Good Lord, woman! Congrats!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#152963 09/11/12 07:02 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[Linked Image]

wave Michael

#152964 08/30/13 07:39 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by VirginiaR:
<strong> As for me, I'm going to grumble Me and my big fat mouth. <<Part 135 posted tonight. "Missing Lois" was only 109 Parts>> I'll be lucky if this monster (Wrong Clark) makes it to the Archives before 2015. wallbash

VirginiaR.
---
#152965 09/03/13 06:16 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
It looks like "Wrong Clark" is probably our longest fic now, although by how much we still don't know.

John Pack Lambert
#152966 09/06/13 05:14 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It looks like "Wrong Clark" is probably our longest fic now, although by how much we still don't know.
/whisper/ I just beta'd Chapter 140 and there are still many plot threads to be tied up.

Just to let you know, Chapter 140 is awesome.

#152967 09/19/13 02:17 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Now I really am getting excited about 140. After betaing 139 I have been trying to not be too impatient for 140, but I think it is a loosing battle.

John Pack Lambert
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard