Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#152926 01/31/08 09:45 AM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Oh, good grief. I got sucked into not looking at the post dates, either. Sorry to beat a dead horse smile

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
#152927 01/31/08 05:52 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Aria, you have a work in progress that's half a million words? Zowie! If James Michener were still alive he'd be insanely jealous.

Let us know where you post it when it's finally done. I'd like to be able to say that I read a half-million word story.

Oh, and you might check out the Original Fiction folder on these boards. It might suit your story. And we'd know where to find it.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#152928 02/01/08 05:18 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I've been gone for awhile, so I'm really out of the loop here. TGND, which isn't on the archive yet (who on earth would want to GE it?) is 1.9 MB and I've still got the last 4th or so to look over "one last time" before I submit it...

`Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
#152929 02/01/08 08:16 AM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Aria, you have a work in progress that's half a million words? Zowie! If James Michener were still alive he'd be insanely jealous.

Let us know where you post it when it's finally done. I'd like to be able to say that I read a half-million word story.
Yes, it's still a WIP. I've been working on it since April 07, and I have 2 more planned chapters to go. The home stretch is killing me! It's a Grey's Anatomy Meredith/Derek fanfic/epic/thing, plus it's rated mature, so I couldn't post it in the original fic forum, I don't think. Anyway, I've been posting it to my livejournal - http://ariaadagio.livejournal.com if you're still truly interested. It's called Lightning Strikes Twice.

#152930 02/01/08 09:08 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It's a Grey's Anatomy Meredith/Derek fanfic/epic/thing, plus it's rated mature, so I couldn't post it in the original fic forum, I don't think.
Plus, it's fanfic. So it wouldn't fit in the Original Fiction folder, I'm afraid.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#152931 02/01/08 10:55 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Janet, you must get TGND onto the archive! I adore that story. I mean, I printed it. And it's loooooong. Does this mean I can't nom it for Best Overall this year? whinging

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#152932 02/01/08 11:38 AM
C
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
C
Does this mean I can't nom it for Best Overall this year?
Pam, I was thinking the exact same thing! Janet, I really hope you'll make TGND eligible, if you haven't already. smile

Caroline

#152933 02/01/08 03:16 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
blush Thanks, you guys! What do I have to do to make it eligible? Just post it on the archive?

I mean, I printed it.
goofy ) I got sidetracked with another short story that had been sitting around on my hard drive, but I'm almost ready to post that one.

Oh, and Pam - I'm very flattered to see the story quoted in your signature! blush

`Toc

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
#152934 02/01/08 03:48 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
What do I have to do to make it eligible? Just post it on the archive?
To make it eligible for the '08 Kerths, I think you just need to email the K-Com at kcom07 @ lcficmbs.com.

If you upload it to the archive this year, it will automatically be eligible for next year's Kerths unless you do the above and ask the KCom to put it on this year's list instead.

Somebody please jump in and correct me if I'm wrong about this!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#152935 02/01/08 04:42 PM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Plus, it's fanfic. So it wouldn't fit in the Original Fiction folder, I'm afraid.
That's what I meant when I specified it as fanfic smile

Anyway, I haven't read the Kerth rules in a while, but my understanding of it was that it would just have to be posted anywhere on the Internet to be eligible for the Kerths. It's just that it's automatically listed as an eligible story when it's uploaded to the fanfic archive. ?

#152936 02/01/08 05:54 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lisa and Aria are absolutely right. Just mail K-Comm, Janet, and let them know you want it included in the eligibles list.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
#152937 09/13/08 05:31 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Labby's Caped Fear has been pushed off the Top 5 List. laugh

Congrats to ML for coming in #5 with There's No Place Like Home's upload to the archive.

1. 1,810 The Longest Road: The Roads They Walked Alone Rac
2. 1,546 Masques Doc Klein's Labrat
3. 1,376 Long, Strange Trip L
4. 1,282 The Long Road Home Erin Klingler
5. 1,229 There's No Place Like Home ML Thompson
6. 1,002 Caped Fear Doc Klein's Labrat

party party party party

Carol

#152938 09/13/08 11:57 PM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
ML! Congrats on getting this on the Archive so fast.

And Janet, I had no idea The Girl Next Door was almost two Megs eek . I mean, this story has only 42 parts and I just kept reading and reading. clap

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#152939 09/14/08 05:29 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, Janet - hurry up and do those edits, so we can get this one up on the Archive and Carol has to change her list again. goofy

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#152940 09/14/08 05:32 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Hey - I'm less than 200 pages of having to edit it again anyway wink .

Learning to Love should be in your inbox in the next couple of days. It's going to be close as to whether it passes Masques or not. Depends on the Author's/Foot Notes I think.

Carol

#152941 09/14/08 11:26 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
/whispers

Check your inbox, Labby.

Carol

#152942 09/14/08 04:54 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Good thing you said, Carol. Thunderbird had dumped it into my junk folder. razz

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#152943 09/14/08 05:03 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
EEP!!!!

NO!!!!!

THAT IS *NOT* JUNK!!!!

I worked too blasted hard on it for it to be junk wink .

Carol

#152944 09/15/08 03:22 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awwwwww. Well, considering some of the stuff Thunderbird has dumped into my junk folder, it never did have any taste. wink

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#152945 10/02/08 01:57 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Once again I'm wandering into this thread belatedly...

Yes, Janet - hurry up and do those edits, so we can get this one up on the Archive and Carol has to change her list again.
I'm running out of year, here, aren't I? The last time I mentioned I was working the story was at the beginning of the year. I'm down to just one stubborn section, though. And the story has actually made it to the GE stage. (Thanks, Tricia - I swear I haven't fallen off the earth, here, either. Hopefully I'll have the edits done soon.)

<if there was a graemlin for a missing/comatose/whatever muse, this is where I'd place it in this post>

What the muse won't cooperate on: Anybody got a good way to describe metal that isn't dull gray, but isn't super silvery-gray or shiny or what-have-you? Thesaurus isn't helping. wallbash

'Toc

Pam, Caroline - I'll be very interested in hearing what you think once the story does finally make it to the archive - parts of it were pretty tweaked over the last - what, 2 years? Seems like it, anyway - since I finished posting it and went back to editing it.

------

-Elayne Boosler
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard