Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Online Content
Beat Reporter
See? I told you I wasn't that bad... evil

Please, leave your thoughts on this part here!

Cris

Cris
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cris!! You really believe that you're not evil?!?! smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Kerth
Kerth
Does this explain why she's evil?

Jose peep

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
But I want you to know one thing: I’m not Superman.”
Wonderful, Cris. I figured where he was heading with this, and it was satisfying to see. clap

The following discussion was insightful, emotional and very natural. In fact, the entire segment showed a wonderful understanding of the characters.

“My, what a pleasure, Superman. Or should I say, Mr. Kent?”
Eeep!

More, quick!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Cris

WOW! This is excellent. razz

Yikes, hopefully Perry will realize he may be in danger. eek

I can't wait to see what happens next. I'm looking forward to the confrontation between Superman and Luthor.

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. razz This Lois don't have heart or soul.
mad She deserve to married Luthor.

He looked at the world below; at the place that had become his home. He couldn’t lose all he’d worked so hard to achieve. He couldn’t let Luthor, of all people, win. He had to find a way out. If not for him, he had to do it for Lois.
:rolleyes:

He looked at the world below; at the place that had become his home. He couldn’t lose all he’d worked so hard to achieve. He couldn’t let Luthor, of all people, win. He had to find a way out. If not for him, he had to do it for Lois.
:rolleyes: He is dumb or what?

More soon, please.

MAF laugh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Interesting, Lois is angry with Clark, or rather is determined to be moved by his words. But then she is angry with Lex for telling her:

Would you have rather not knowing about Clark?”

“Can’t you see that’s not the point? No one but Clark should have told me that.”

“But he’d made no intention...”

She didn’t let him finish. “How can you be so sure? I’m not defending his attitude; I can’t. But that doesn’t mean what you did was right. It was his secret. I don’t even know how you found out and, before you try to explain, I don’t want to know. But you had no right.

“Lois, I... I know that both Clark and Superman mean a lot to you. I just couldn’t bear the fact that he’d been dishonest with you, after all you’ve done for him.”

How she wished he wasn’t right. It was so hard to fight his words when he was saying exactly what had been on her mind since she’d found out Clark’s secret. But, for some reason, she couldn’t avoid defending him. <<I’m not defending him, >> she mentally pointed out. That Clark hadn’t behaved correctly didn’t justify Lex’s attitude. That was all she needed him to realize. “Lex, if you can’t assume that what you did wasn’t right, no matter how true your words were, there’s no point in carrying on with this conversation or with...”
It's like she has a soft point in her heart for Clark, after all.

It was good that she gave the photos to Clark.

And Clark dares to confront Luthor...

Gabriele
Features Writer
Features Writer
Cris,
good part
loved Clark's explanation to Lois
What is wrong with her
more soon please
merry

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This is just super:

How could he refute her words when he’d asked himself those very same questions? Every time he hadn’t been completely honest with her, it had hurt. For a man with moral beliefs as strong as his, it’d been a continuing incongruity. He believed and fought for truth, yet lied to the woman he said was his whole life. And she was right; he had been deceiving her all along. The worst part was that, if he told her his worst fear, the one thing that had always made him keep Clark and Superman as two different people in her eyes, she’d be infuriated. Worse, she’d be greatly offended. With no effort, he could hear her saying that she couldn’t believe he thought she was that shallow; that he should have known better. It didn’t matter whether she really believed it or not; if she deep down realized there was some truth in it, she’d still choose to look offended. She was too proud. How could he then confess that his secret had been kept that way because he wanted her to love HIM, Clark, the man in the business suit, the man without powers... the ordinary man? Mostly after he himself had accepted that there was not two, but only one person. Hadn’t he convinced himself that Clark Kent didn’t fade away when he wore the suit? That the powers were as much a part of his regular life as they were of his heroic acts? Why wasn’t it the same where Lois was concerned?

Finally, in a mere whisper, he said the scary words, “I wanted you to notice me. It’s not a matter of pride; I needed to feel that you could learn to value in me, your partner, all the great things you admire in Superman. Without forgetting my many flaws, and realizing that there are good things in me; that I have a lot to offer, if only you would let me. I needed you to see the real me. The man behind... the man inside the suit... But without being dazzled by the halo of perfection you seem to perceive when you face the hero.”

Scared, she realized it was so easy to just lose herself in his softness, in the tenderness his voice bore, in his care. SO many feelings she’d never known. It felt like standing on a cliff, staring at the darkness below, suspecting there was something good awaiting, but also aware of the chances of it being an illusion. He could be lying; she’d been there before, and she had vowed to never return. She had thought he could be different and in just a few hours the image she’d built up of him had fallen apart. Was she willing to forget? Was it something she could do?
Clark's thoughts - Lois accusations really hit him because he has known them beforehand and struggled with them. And then he tells her his greatest fears - I believe Lois is going to remember his words and understand how much courage it took to show himself vulnerable. The perfect image of standing on the cliff - I hope she remembers the many times that she *has* fallen - and Superman *has* caught her. Now she must let herself fall emotonally - and trust that Clark will catch her.

Gabriele
Beat Reporter
OP Online Content
Beat Reporter
Just a quick note. I'm editing the post for part 7, but since most of you probably won't go back to it, I thought it be better to post this here too.

Jose pointed something out to me and >I forgot to let you guys know. I don't know if anyone else has realized it, but in the scene at Centennial Park, Lois says it's three days before her wedding, but then in what seems like the next day, it reads that it's Lex's last day as a bachelor. The mistake is in Lois's scene. It should say two days. And at the beginning of part 6 (Clark arriving at home), it should read three nights and not four:

There was nothing strange in her not being home four nights before her wedding day. What was it he'd expected?
The mistake actually comes way from the beginning. Luthor tells Superman (in the scene where he finds out the secret) that it's seven days to the wedding. Well, it's six in fact.

Hope I didn't cause too much trouble! It will all be fixed before the story goes to the archive (and I'll try to edit the posts too)

Cris

Ps. I'll be back on a couple of days to actually repply to all of your comments

Cris
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I wonder how Lois would have reacted if Clark had panicked upon hearing Luthor knew about him, muttered something like "he'll kill my parents," and then took off.

I found Clark took the whole "Luthor knows" far too calmly. I figured his first thought would have been to protect his parents.

Luthor has openly shown himself to be Superman's enemy now. Wonder if this will occur to Lois? Maybe she'll think there's something to Clark's accusations as well?

I love the fact that Lois is ticked off at her fiance (very in character), though taking photographs and spying on her best friend should probably have made her angrier than she is.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Cris, this was a very scary part for a couple of reasons. First, because Lois is being so stupid. I know it's in character for this particular part of continuity but it's so frustrating to see her acting so egotistical and thinking everything that Clark or Lex does is motivated by jealousy over her. It's one of the reasons I always hated this particular arc. The fact that she makes no connection to a possible danger to Clark by Luthor knowing the secret is nearly unforgivable (but then, who among us can't eventually forgive Lois anything).

The other thing is... what is Luthor going to do with his knowledge? Of course, he may not have to do anything because bozo brain just walked into his lair and probably will wind up in some sort of green glowing cell. It would serve both Clark and Lois right if Superman died in that cell and Lois was stuck with Lex for how stupid both of them are being.

Tank (who figures Perry is fine, the gruff voice probably belongs to his source)

Beat Reporter
OP Online Content
Beat Reporter
Hey guys!

I'm sorry I'm so late this week. I wanted to tahnk you allfor still being around. I'm thrill that you're still hanging there with this story. smile1

Btw, I've decided I'm not going to defend myself any longer from your evilness accusations... None of you seem to believe me (me scratches head, wondering why)

So, on with the repplies:

Wendy said:

Poor Clark! He pours out his heart to Lois - and that was a lovely, very well-written conversation - and what does she do? She sends him away! But not before she tells him that Luthor, of all people, knows who he is. Poor, poor Clark!!
I'm really happy you thought the conversation was good.
I know Lois is a little stubborn... ok, ok... a lot. BUt Clark HAS lied to her. Yeah, I know he had his reasons... Come on, give Lois a little credit. She might surprise you in not so long.

Jose, you know you can't hide for long ... You need me :p ... And you know I'd like to avoid blackmailing you...

Labrat said:

Wonderful, Cris. I figured where he was heading with this, and it was satisfying to see.
The following discussion was insightful, emotional and very natural. In fact, the entire segment showed a wonderful understanding of the characters.
Wow, I just... don't know what to say... blush I guess achieving that much is always a goal, but I didn't think the ideas and feelings would get through so well. THanks.

Tricia, I'd have to copy your entire segment blush blush Can't believe your nomination actually surprised you! You know that without you I wouldn't have made it this far. Your comments and help are more than I could ask for. Thanks for everything. Glad you like this still the second time around.

Maria, I'm glad you liked the speech.

Gabriele, thanks a lot for the nice comments. You've made some interesting points... Just hang in there a little and you might see a more rational Lois (even if slightly!)

Gald you're still there and liking this, Merry.

Me said:

I found Clark took the whole "Luthor knows" far too calmly. I figured his first thought would have been to protect his parents.
You're probably right, but I doubt that Clark has actually taken all in yet. Hope you like his reaction in part 8.

Tanks said:

Cris, this was a very scary part for a couple of reasons
Define scary... I know Lois's attitude mioght get a little maddening at times. It just takes time. Btw, you really seem to need that cage... Would you actually be disappointed without it?

Thanks again everyone. I'll be back with more of the story soon.

Cris

Cris
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Cris,

Me again catching up.

Another great part.

Especially:

Finally, in a mere whisper, he said the scary words, “I wanted you to notice me. It’s not a matter of pride; I needed to feel that you could learn to value in me, your partner, all the great things you admire in Superman. Without forgetting my many flaws, and realizing that there are good things in me; that I have a lot to offer, if only you would let me. I needed you to see the real me. The man behind... the man inside the suit... But without being dazzled by the halo of perfection you seem to perceive when you face the hero.”

Beautifully written -- brought tears to my eyes.

Barb.

Beat Reporter
OP Online Content
Beat Reporter
You know what? You guys are beginning to spoil me. I just can't believe that I can get so many emotions through with a bunch of words. It simply means a lot. jump

Thanks again, Barb, for taking the time to read and comment on this.

I hope the rest of this story doesn't disappoint any of you.

Cris

Cris

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard