whinging

Part Two

A week later Jimmy was sat in a police station when Bill Henderson brought Clark out of the cells followed by the man who was living in the skip. He was unkempt and he was in need of a shave.

“C.K.” Jimmy said jumping up.

“Clark I was sorry to here about Lois.” Bill Henderson said. Clark glared at him.

“Come on Joseph.” He called to the man.

“C.K.” Jimmy stood next to and got the smell of alcohol that nearly knocked him out. “Oh god. Are you alright?”

“Can we go?” They all got into Jimmy’s car.

“Everyone’s been worried about you can’t just disappear for days and not tell anyone.” Jimmy said as he drove to Clark’s. “Sam and Ellen had to arrange the funeral.”

“Stop here.” Clark said and Jimmy pulled up outside a liquor store. “I don’t have any money.” Jimmy took out his wallet and takes out a twenty Clark takes it but waits for more Jimmy gives him three more.

“That’s all I have.”

“Come on Joseph.” Clark said getting out of the car.

“I am forever indebted to you.” Joseph said Jimmy backed away because the smell of alcohol.

“Joseph!” Clark called.

“The funeral is tomorrow!” Jimmy shouted out the window and watched Clark and Joseph go into the liquor store.

The next day it’s Lois’s funeral there is a large group of people gathered around the grave. Up in the steel grey sky was a black clad figure looking down. Clark watched his parents and Lois’. He stubble was more beard like and his usual soft brown eyes were now hard and black and the whites were red from all the tears.

Floating next to him was another figure was next to him dressed in a white gown. Lois looked down on the scene.

“Why aren’t you down there?” She asked.

“I couldn’t stand everyone telling me how sorry they are.” Clark answered and looked at her. “Why did you leave me?”

“I didn’t want to it was just my time.”

“No we were supposed to grow old together.” Clark flies up into the air.

Later that night Clark is lying passed out on the couch wearing only a pair of dirty jeans he as drunk several bottles of Scotch (enough to kill a normal man.) He was awoken by a knock on the door he gets up and trips over Joseph.

“Joseph move.” Clark said abruptly and kicked him.

“I was here first.”

“Joseph!” Clark steps over him on his way to the door to Sam and Jonathan. “Huh dad, Sam come on in.” He walked back to the couch and picked up a bottle of Scotch. “Drink!”

“Is that a offer or a challenge?” Sam said.

“Very good Sam. How is Ellen?” Clark stared at Sam and took another swig of whiskey. “Why are you two here?”

“We’re were worried about you son your mother to we want to help you.” Jonathan said. “Why weren’t you at the funeral to day?”

“Because there would be all these people asking how I was and I would have to smile politely and say I’m fine.”

“Then tell us,”

“How do you think I’m feeling I’ve lost my wife?”

“And I’ve lost my daughter.”

“You weren’t much of a father to her. She told me how you used to be always pushing her to do better, disappointed that she was a boy and follow in you footsteps with your crack pot ideas. You walked out on her. Now I have no one I’m alone again.”

“You’re not alone son you have your mother and me and Sam and Ellen, Lucy, Jimmy, Perry we’re all worried about you. And what about the baby?”

“What about it?”

“She’s your daughter.” Sam said becoming angry with him.

“Clark this isn’t you?” Jonathan tried to reason with you.

“Who is it then dad?”

“Clark what about work and…”

“What Superman?” Clark said Sam looked at him confused. “Oh Sam you don’t know I’m Superman. That’s why I wasn’t with Lois when she died. When I my wife was dying I was saving strangers.”

“Lois would understand.” Jonathan said.

“I do.” Lois said who appeared over Jonathan and Sam’s shoulder Clark looked at her and his eyes immediately soften.

“I’d trade them all.” He told her.

“You don’t mean that son.” Jonathan said Clark then looked at him and his eyes harden again.

“Don’t I?”

“You’ve saved so many lives…”

“Except the one person who meant everything. I have nothing to live for?”

“You have a daughter it’s what you said you always wanted.”

“What I want is Lois, but she’s been taken from me.”

“Clark…”

“Leave me alone!” He yelled

“Son, please.”

“I SAID GO!!” He threw the bottle at the wall and the amber liquid ran down the wall the glass shattering.

“Clark please don’t do anything stupid, promise me.” Clark walked upstairs.

“Come on Jon he’ll pass out we’ll come back and try again tomorrow.” Jonathan and Sam leave. Clark leans against the doorframe of his room and cries.

“Shh it’s OK.” Lois said putting a hand on his bare back. “Come on lie down.” Clark laid on the bed and Lois laid next to him. “You look terrible.”

“You look beautiful.”

“Try to sleep.”

“Promise you want leave me.”

“I’ll be with you as long as you need me.”

“I’ll always need you.” Clark whispered the anger in his eyes had been replace with love. “I shouldn’t have left.”

“Shh.” She pressed a finger to his lips. “Close your eyes.” Clark closed his eyes. “I Love you Clark Kent.”

“I love you Lois Lane Kent.” Clark begins to softly snore.

TBC
love

Thanks for the love
Thanks for the guidance
Thanks for the TARTAN PRIDE HA!

Can't Stop Me Now - Rod Stewart - Time 2013