Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Please note that Paul is no longer handling audiofic for the fandom. Any recording should be directed to LabRat, although the rest of the instructions should still apply.

As you may have noticed over in FoLC Productions and on the archive, some of us have been having fun with AudioFic - recording audio versions of archived stories. The archive is now going to be hosting audiofics, and I've kind of been put in charge of local coordination.

So, first off... Authors wanted!!

We're not going to record any stories without the author's permission. So if you are an author and would like (or, at least, wouldn't mind) having your story recorded, let me know! Post here, email me, PM me... whatever works.

When you do, please let me know what your archive name is. smile

Second... Readers wanted!! For more info on that, you can check here .

You can also check out my quickie Guide To Recording .

If you're interested in reading and need help, let me know.

Anyone willing and able to make a clear recording is welcome. You don't even have to sign up with the boards. Just email me, and we can work from there.

When you make a recording, please include everything that's in the archive file. Full header, author's note, etc. Just after reading the header, include a line to let us know who's reading.

For example:

"My First Story, by Some Author. Rated G. Submitted December 2003. Recorded by Jane Doe. Author's Note..."

If you feel it is appropriate/helpful, you may add phrases such as "Author's Note" and "The End." Up to your preferences and common sense.

When you finish reading the story, please add the following:

"This has been a Lois and Clark Fanfic Recording. Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman and related characters are copyrighted by Time-Warner, Inc. Some situations and dialog may have been borrowed from the show. No copyright infringement is intended. Authors and readers receive no monetary benefit from their work. For more information and to see and hear other stories, please visit lcfanfic.com."

If you're reading a longer story, please look for natural breaks at about the 1 - hour mark. That'll keep file sizes from getting unmanagably huge. If you can't, don't worry about it. We'll break it up for you. smile

If you do break it up, you can add part numbers and the disclaimer to the end of each hour. For example:

"End of Part One. This has been a Lois and Clark fanfic recording..."

When you start the next part, begin with something along the lines of:

"[Story Title] by [Author]. As read by [Reader]. Part [#]."

When you save the recording, please use the following ID3 tag format:

Title: Story Title
Artist: Author's Name
Album: www.lcfanfic.com
Comments: Recorded by Your Name

If you want to, you can also select "Genre: Speech," but it's not important.

If you're recording in parts, add the part number after the title.

If you forget to do the ID3 tag, or if you don't know how, don't worry. Audacity automatically prompts you to fill out the form when you go to save the file.

Please save in MP3 format at a bit rate of 64kbps. To do this in Audacity, go to Edit -> Preferences -> File Formats. Then choose 64 from the pull-down menu at the bottom.

When you're done recording, send me the file. My email is in my boards profile. If you're not sure how to get the file to me, you can go to:

http://www.yousendit.com

If you have any questions about any of this or need help with anything, let me know. It may seem a little intimidating at first, but it's really not that hard once you get things set up.

Paul

EDIT: As has been pointed out to me, the list below is starting to get a little out of hand. Which is cool, but makes things a little cumbersome.

So, I'm going to move it to its own thread. I'll try to keep the list current, showing which stories are available, which ones are being worked on, which ones have been done, etc.

For here, I'll just keep a list of authors. If an author only grants permission for some of her work, I'll mention that here and leave the specifics for the other thread.

Full Project List

Remember to keep your eye out for multi-authored stories. Record them only if all authors involved have granted permission.

Authors whose works are available to record:

(Symbolic) Angel
Carr, Christine
CarolM
Chamorro, Jose Antonio
Cherry
Connell, Yvonne
Doc. Klein's LabRat
Dutch, Irene
Jernigan, Pam
Kaethel
Klingler, Erin
LaraMoon
Malo, Carol
MetroRhodes
Mr. D8A
MrsMosley
Owens, Janet (TicAndToc)
Potts, Mary AKA Queen of the Capes
Rhea
Richards, Wendy
RL
Saskia
Thompson, M.L.
Tracey
Wilson, Tank

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Paul, should people who want to record a story "claim" it first so multiple people aren't working on the same one? Some of those are really long and could take a while to complete.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
You can if you want. I'm not going to require it, but it wouldn't be a bad idea. I'll be happy to update the list.

Still, we can have multiple recordings of the same story. Bit inefficient, but nothing wrong with it. And hopefully, we'll soon have a longer list of stories available to work on. Including some shorter ones.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, not that I consider my stories "audiofic" worthy...

But you can add my stories to your list if you'd like, Paul. There are one or two shorter ones on there.

-- DJ angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Cool. Thanks. smile And... you never know. smile

Paul

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This sounds like an absolutely fascinating project, and very nice for anyone with visual impairment. If you'd like to include my stories, go right ahead, though I would feel very sorry for anyone who got stuck with the really long ones!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sounds like a fun project -- get some stories on CD and you're good for a long car ride!

If anyone wants to do any of my stories, feel free -- they're on the shorter side, mostly smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
*raises her hand up in the air à la Hermione Granger*
"Ooooh, pick me, pick me!" LOL!

Seriously...

You can add my stories to the list, Paul. smile All three that are in the archive are short and written from a man's POV (two are even in the first person) so I wouldn't record these myself. (when I get done with 'All Weathered Out', though I probably will record it myself.)

Also, I'd very much like to record DJ's Testing Grounds - if that's ok? smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I just chanced on this thread, checking the boards for the first time in a long time. This sounds like a great project! I agree with Pam; CDs for car journeys could be great!

And, uh, if anyone wants them, feel free to use my stories, too.

Chris

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Sure, should anyone feel like recording my fics...go right ahead! ^^

"How many times must I tell you? Queens consume nectars and ambrosia, not hot dogs."
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Great! Thanks, guys. smile

Authors, for future reference, when you post, can you give me your archive name? Some of you use different names on the boards than on the archives, and it's a little easier for me if I know exactly where to look from the start.

Paul

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Well, not that I consider my stories "audiofic" worthy...
Oh, don't even start, DJ! You know you are fabulous. smile

I'd love to say that my stories can be recorded but since I have only written one teeny tiny vignette, it doesn't really matter!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hyper

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by HatMan:

Authors, for future reference, when you post, can you give me your archive name? Some of you use different names on the boards than on the archives, and it's a little easier for me if I know exactly where to look from the start.
Whoops! Sorry. blush Well, I use "Cherry" at the Archive as well, so it wouldn't have been too hard to find me, anyway. goofy

"How many times must I tell you? Queens consume nectars and ambrosia, not hot dogs."
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sounds kinda interesting. I'll add mine to the list, not that they're all that fascinating. It might be interesting to be a reader, too, assuming the story isn't too long.

My archive name is the same as my nick here.

I agree that in the interest of non-duplication, anyone who is doing a reading should indicate so here in this forum. Perhaps a sticky up top?

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hyper hyper hyper

Oh, wow! I don't know about being a reader...maybe, someday, who knows....

But feel free to use any of my stories! smile

I should be listed under "Potts", and you probably won't have a hard time finding it. smile
Full billing, last time I checked, was
Mary Potts AKA Queen of the Capes.

What a neat idea! laugh

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lara - I'll look forward to listening to that story when you get it done.
I'll start this week-end, if everything goes well I might be done by Sunday night. You'll be the first to know. wink

I just hope I can do the story justice!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
If there would be any interest, I'd have no objection to any of my stories being used for this project.

I've tried to 'dictate' a story before, and it's a lot harder than it seems at first thought. I've also been subjected to audio book tapes during long car trips and it's a real art to be able to convey the proper 'emotional' emphasis with a straight read (ie: not using 'actors' in a play like setting).

I wish you all the best of luck.

Tank (who has always been Tank on these, and all other boards)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Just caught up with this thread. smile A great idea! I'd be thrilled to have someone do any of my stories, if anyone was interested.

c.

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, lots of stories. Hope we get lots of readers to match them!

Just wanted to note one thing, which I'm sure you already know, but just in case - remember that the Archive only accepts material up to a ratings limit of PG13.

So if the story you want to read has both an nfic and gfic version, it'll have to be the gfic version you submit to the Archive. wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard