Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Paul, any of my stories that you might like to record, feel free. Like Marcus, I'd offer to record them but my voice has a nasal quality due to a lifelong battle with allergies, and I figure it would get pretty irritating after while.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Features Writer
Features Writer
If anybody's crazy enough to take them on, I offer up my stories to be read! laugh

...I'd offer to do some reading, but 1) I don't have a mic and B) I have this annoying tendency to slur when I speak. And I find my own voice annoying on the answering machine, soo...

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
I wouldn't mind if somebody volunteers to read out my stories or the ones I may post in future.

I have a suggestion, but I dunno how far it can be implemented as I don't know many people have volunteered to be *Readers*.

My suggestion : Why not let a male voice read out Clark's / other males' dialogs and a female voice read out Lois' / other females' ? Just to make it realistic...

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'd love to record any fanfic, but I'm still lacking a microphone and I'm not sure if anyone would understand my accent (english not being my mother language) and I know there are words I don't understand so I won't know how to pronounce them. When I'll get the courage to record at least a vignete I'll let you know Paul blush

Anyway I wanted to comment on Coogirl's suggestion. I think it be a lot of fun to hear both a female and male voice in a Clark/Lois conversation. But I think it could work only if the recorder people are together in front of the same computer in connection with two microphones, so the man and woman to do this should live near one to the other so it can work, right?

I'm *not* saying it's impossible, I imagine there are FoLCs who do live near, I just think it's a limited option.

Carolyn smile

Pisco and Ceviche ->100% PERUVIAN. Never doubt that.
C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
I think it be a lot of fun to hear both a female and male voice in a Clark/Lois conversation.
Yippee! hyper

Isn't it possible to *merge* the male & female voices using some software even if the recordings are done *separately*? Though I suppose the process would be really tedious! confused Maybe try for a shorter fic?

Besides, don't most of us have a spouse or a boy/girlfriend? What are they for? laugh

CG
------------

C
Kerth
Kerth
C
I'd love to do it but I have two problems one is that I don't have a microphone which is an easy thing to solve really. My other problem is that I'm a speed reader like Clark is although I can't read at superspeed and can never slow myself down enough to read things out loud. I even re-read passages in books because I read so fast it often looks like I skim read the passage.

I love coolgirl's idea though. It'd be great if that was easily co-ordinated.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
Isn't it possible to *merge* the male & female voices using some software even if the recordings are done *separately*?
Anybody else for the idea? Want me to post a poll? laugh

CG
------------

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just popping in to add in two stories for Anne D, which are now available for recording as audiofic:

Lois In Traffic Court
Why Lois Stays Out Of The Kitchen

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So, um...

Just for the sake of argument, let's say someone managed to "convince me" to send that-story-I-recorded-but-didn't-really-want-people-to-know-about up to the archive and that I somehow got courageous enough to do it -- which I'm totally NOT saying that I am -- is there something that needs to be added to the file? Like, wasn't there a disclaimer or something that had to be tagged along to the story?

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
All you need to know is right at the start of this very thread, Lara.

LabRat (looking forward to receiving this audiofic in the near future... laugh )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
I'd love to "hear" some stories as well. I agree with Coolgirl that ideally if there could be a man to read for Clark and a woman for Lois that migth make the tale seem more "real." Now, if only there was a way to "see" the stories.

Yes, anyone is welcome to read my fics as well.

Mona

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Lara, here's the disclaimer from Paul's post:

When you finish reading the story, please add the following:

"This has been a Lois and Clark Fanfic Recording. Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman and related characters are copyrighted by Time-Warner, Inc. Some situations and dialog may have been borrowed from the show. No copyright infringement is intended. Authors and readers receive no monetary benefit from their work. For more information and to see and hear other stories, please visit lcfanfic.com."
Like LabRat, I'd really like to hear a new audiofic. It's been forever! So I hope you send it in. We'd prefer not to have to send an army of wildguys after you. (Unless, of course, that'd help convince you. <g>)

smile1

Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay, this is a million years old, and I'm so late for the party it's over! But please, add my name to the list of writers who would love to have their stories converted to audio versions.

Too, I'd be willing to record a story or two. I don't know if my voice is considered pleasing or not...

Anyway, sorry for the (extremely, excessively) late response!

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Anyone can record my stories and I would be absolutely flattered!!! laugh

ALSO: I am really interested in recording my two stories, "He Said, She Said" and "Mixed Signals" with a male reader. If there are any male readers out there who are interested, please get in touch!! (Basically, the stories alternate between Lois and Clark, so I would record the Lois parts and a male could record the Clark parts and maybe I could splice them together to make for a fun recording!)

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
PS: I think I am going to try to record it on "Garageband" (I have a mac.) I am pretty sure I could do the merge-thingy if somebody recorded the "Clark" parts on Garageband and emailed them to me.

Any (male) takers???

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard