Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hmm . . . I guess that makes sense then. But having a "The End" after authors notes seems silly to me for some reason, especially since I NEVER write it, even after the story itself. If it's the end of the story, the last few lines should TELL the reader that it's the end of the story and writing "The End" just seems redundant.

Although, I guess it would help in audiofics to tell the listener that the story's over and there isn't anymore--better than just stopping the recording, anyway.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Columnist
Columnist
I only have one short story on the archive, but you're more than welcome to record it. You can find it at the archive under the name Angel.

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
But having a "The End" after authors notes seems silly to me for some reason,
Sorry, I haven't been paying attention to the details latterly - is it mandatory for 'The End' to be at a certain point in the recording? Isn't it possible to for you to have

The story
'The End'
End author notes
Disclaimer

in that order, if that suits you best?

Again, Paul could tell you for sure, but I can't see why that should be a particular problem if that's the order you feel most comfortable with. Unless, it screws things up somehow and I've missed the reason along the way. (Entirely possible, it has to be said. laugh )

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Disclaimer should indeed be the last thing.

The reading should include everything that's in the archive file. Everything the author wanted there. So, yeah, that includes end notes.

I'll leave "The End" up to reader discrtion. Some people seem to like it, others seem to prefer without. Not a big deal either way, IMO.

Similarly, you may add the words "Authors Note" if you think it makes things clearer. There are some things that are easier to discern in plain text than in speech, so if you feel it needs clarifying, go ahead.

Basically... use common sense. We don't have to be that strict about everything. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Cool. I guess I'll do what I've been doing (plus the disclaimer) for the rest of my stories--which I'm reading myself anyway.

And since I'm reading the stories I wrote myself, and I therefore give myself permission, I am going to change the author notes so that they sound better as a recording. The way I wrote them, sometimes they have phrases like, "as quoted above," and consdering it's audio and there is no "above," it's kinda funny.

Thanks for the clarification about the disclaimer!

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Blogger
Blogger
Paul, I started with the story Epiphany by LabRat. I sent part 1 and hope it's okay. Please let me know. It was fun, but maybe not as smooth as yours. I hope to improve with further recordings. I plan on finishing this one today, as soon as you can give me the go ahead.

special thank you to Labrat for allowing her work to be read, and enjoyed again.

Wanda
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow. Thank you, Wanda! I've just been listening to a little bit of your recording of Epiphany - thank you for choosing this one to record. sloppy

It's so strange to hear someone reading the words you've written. But very cool, too. <g>

I love this project. I really hope that many more stories are recorded.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Coming back to give Paul a ton of smoochies sloppy for the lovely surprise of that recording of SOMH. You are such a sweetheart, I swear. It made my day getting that part one. [Linked Image]

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
Blogger
Blogger
Ok, I call "Brief Encounter" by Wendy Richards/Yvonne Connell. I just hope I don't burst out laughing when I read about Superman's fetching red dress. clap I'm going to start this weekend.

R
Blogger
Blogger
R
Anyone can read any of my stories. Although, right now I only have the one story (Secret Agent) I would just prefer that my email address not be read on the audio (just in case it ever changes) Thanks.

I think this is a great idea. I love audio books. I love this fandom. Putting the two together is positively inspired!

Rhea

Blogger
Blogger
Ok, Brief Encounter is done. Had fun with that one. smile1 Next up: Midnight Gambit...M.L. Thompson

Kerth
Kerth
Just noticed the link to this from the archive - You're welcome to use any of my completed stories - I'd offer to read them, but I have a British accent and a slight stutter and it probably wouldn't work very well.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
R
Rac Offline
Columnist
Columnist
R
This is a great project, Paul. Thanks for organizing it. You're certainly more than welcome to use my stories, but I will not be responsible if some foolish soul tries to take on one of the obscenely long ones and loses their voice. wink

Rac

ETA: Everything I've written is archived under 'Raconteur.'

Blogger
Blogger
I'd like to try

The Confession
by Wendy Richards

Moo

Blogger
Blogger
Cheryl: I download A Brief Encounter last night and listen to it while I was doing my house work. How On earth did you mamage not to giggle through out the whole thing, I know I was.

Good work

Moo

L
Blogger
Blogger
L
Hey, Paul. Saw this project on the Archive. Great idea, it'll be good for the FOLC who are blind or find it difficult to read. All the best.

Lote

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I just sent Paul a recording I made of Marry in Haste , a collaboration I did with Wendy and Tank. Someone mentioned it the other day in one of the threads in the fanfic related folder and it reminded me of how much fun I had writing my parts of this so I figured it might be fun to read it out loud.

Evil? What's so evil about it, I ask?

Anyway, enjoy! (I hope)

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This is a really really cool idea and I can see how it would be very popular. I gladly say 'Use any of my fics' and then add the qualifier 'if you want' smile
I'm Marnie Rowe on the Archive.

I would gladly record several of my own, but I have to admit - I would want to add or subtract words or otherwise improvise where I just plain felt my work was lacking. :p

ta for now,

Marns
~pobody's nerfect
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, Marnie.

I would gladly record several of my own, but I have to admit - I would want to add or subtract words or otherwise improvise where I just plain felt my work was lacking.
Well, you could always record someone else's stories instead. laugh

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
C_A Offline
Columnist
Columnist
Really neat idea. Somehow I hadn't paid enough attention to it before. Feel free to use my ficlets if you like. My name on the archive is... C_A :p .

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard