Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Mine are also available to read; I'm listed at the archives under both TicAndToc and Owens, Janet.

smile

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ditto everyone. I think that's a wonderful idea, and I can't wait to hear the result! I have the occasional long car (or plane!!) journey and it'd be awesome to listen to a Lois & Clark audio version of my favourite stories.

If there's any interest for them, feel free to do any of my stories. smile

Kaethel smile (peeking from behind her growing pile of marking - yes I'm still alive and around!)

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Count me in! I'm happy for any of my stories to be included, although like Wendy, I fear for anyone having to read the long ones!

Yvonne

HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks, guys! smile

The list is really growing.

To be clear, though, no one has to read the long ones. It would be nice to have them read, but I think it's best all around if readers choose for themselves which stories to read. They'll be more interested, and they'll do a better job. There are plenty of stories to choose from, and few enough readers so far...

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ooh, this sounds like a lot of fun! My stories are also available to be read. I'm on the archive as Saskia. And maybe I'll try to read a few stories myself, but then this cold I have must be fully away.

Saskia smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Great! Thanks, Sas! smile

Hope you get better soon. smile

When you're ready, go over the list of available stories and see what strikes you. What you read and when is entirely up to you.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Top Banana
Top Banana
So if the story you want to read has both an nfic and gfic version, it'll have to be the gfic version you submit to the Archive.
I'm not sure, in any case, if I'd have the nerve to read out loud some of the steamier nfic passages anyway. laugh Not that I'm volunteering as a reader. I'm bad enough at recording my voicemail message at work - I have to write a script for myself and, even then, it usually takes me three or four goes to iron out all the fumbles. blush

Yvonne

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Perhaps I'd better mention that one of my stories, How It All Started, was written as a joke.

It was in response to a boring fic challenge, although it may be better suited for a badfic challenge. goofy

Anybody trying to read it would get their tang all tonguelled... er... tongue all tangled.
dizzy

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This is a cool idea - if anyone wants to read one of my stories, I'll throw them out there. smile

Tracey smile

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
So, when we want to call dibs on a fic, are we supposed to tell you here or at the other thread?

"How many times must I tell you? Queens consume nectars and ambrosia, not hot dogs."
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Tracey: Great! Thanks! smile It'll be a pleasure to hear (and perhaps record) some of yours. smile

Cherry: Whatever you like. Tell me here, in the other thread, via email, via PM... whatever works for you.

Paul

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Okay. Well, then! I call dibs on Erin Klinger's hilarious "Where, Oh Where, Do Supes' Clothes Go?" *rubs hands together*

"How many times must I tell you? Queens consume nectars and ambrosia, not hot dogs."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just a quickie little status -- I've got half of Testing Grounds recorded now, but it'll be a little while before I can finish (sowwwwwwy!).

I've somehow managed to catch a cold (it's starting to be close to freezing up here!) so I sound really, seriously awful right now... and I'm off on a trip to Paris next week so I won't be able to record anything before I get back on the 14th. I'm hoping on the 15th to have time to do this, though.

frown

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Top Banana
Top Banana
I just listened to the small sample from Paul's reading on the fanfic archive, and I have to say, Paul, that you make an absolutely fantastic reader. Very well done indeed! thumbsup

Yvonne

HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Cherry - Go for it! smile (Sorry, I put you on the project list, but forgot to respond here.)

Lara - Thanks for the update. Hope you feel better soon. And don't worry, stuff happens. There's no deadline. Which is good, because with schedule changes and stuff, I'm kind of stalled out on my current project, too.

Yvonne - Thanks! smile Glad you enjoyed. smile

Paul

Columnist
Columnist
My stories are available, too, Paul.

Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Awesome! Thanks, Irene! smile

HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Bumping the thread up to let readers know that there have been some additions to the instructions in the first post.

There's now a standard disclaimer to be added at the end of the reading (just to keep things on the safe side, and to let people know where to look if they stumble onto the file from another source).

Also, for longer stories, we're going to try to break things up every hour or so. If you can look for natural breaks, great. If not, don't worry. We'll take care of it. smile

Thanks to everyone for your participation in the project so far. smile Looking forward to hearing more and to getting more stories for the list. smile

Paul

Top Banana
Top Banana
When you finish reading the story, please add the following:
What about those stories (like mine) that have author notes at both the beginning AND end of the fic? Should the audiofic disclaimer go before or after the end author notes? Should the end author notes even be included?

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Should the audiofic disclaimer go before or after the end author notes? Should the end author notes even be included?
Paul would have to confirm it, but I'd imagine that the disclaimer should be the very last thing on the recording. And end author notes, to me, would be part of the story, so I wouldn't see any reason not to include them. I always enjoy reading author notes and the little insights they provide. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard