This story is based on the British film Jack and Sarah

WHAM ALERT

Clark & Lois

Clark was flying home from China where he advert a landslide. It was clear October night, as he flew he thought how lucky he was. He had a beautiful wife who loved him as much as he loved her, they’d celebrated their third wedding anniversary, were moving to a new house just outside Metropolis (if the builders ever finished it) and in less than three weeks they would be parents. They were blissfully happy and very lucky.

Clark landed at their bedroom window of their brownstone on Hyperion Avenue. He goes in through the window and spins out of the suit into a pair of blue plaid sleep short.

“Clark?” a sleepy female voice said from the bed Clark turned and smiled at Lois.

“Tell me Mrs. Kent do you have other men coming in through the window when I’m not here?” He smiled and climbed into bed. “Why aren’t you asleep you need your rest.” He wrapped his arms around her and hugged her close to him she wrapped her arm around him resting her head on his chest it was a bit of a reach with her protruding stomach, which was pressed against his side. He loved feeling their child kick letting them know that he or she was alive and well.

“He won’t settle down. Besides I can’t sleep without my pillow.” She hugged him tighter. “I love you.”

“Love you too.”

The next day they were at the new house Clark was arguing with the builders.

“Look buddy it’s going to be another few days.” The foreman told Clark.

“We were supposed to be in here four days a go.”

“I’m sorry we had some unforeseen problems.”

“Three days then we’re moving.” Clark went down the stairs and out to the front to join Lois.

“I like this side of you. So forceful.” Lois said and kissed him. Clark sighed and stared up at the building he didn’t notice Lois walk towards the jeep.

“It makes you if it’s all worth it.” A hand appears on his shoulder and he covers it with his own. “I’m sorry hun I don’t mean to be so grumpy.”

“Come on I’m cold.” Lois called standing by the jeep. Clark turned around to see a man in the skip his clothes were old and tatty.

“Spare some change?” The man slurred in an English accent.

“What are you doing in my skip?”

“Possession is nine tenths of the law."

“Get out!” Clark went over to Lois.

Three days later Lois and Clark have moved into the new house Clark is arguing with the foreman again. Lois is sat on floor speaking on the phone.

“Okay see you tomorrow, bye.” She hangs up and looks at Clark. “Clark did you invite Molly and Ross to dinner tomorrow?” Clark looked at her.

“No!” He said

“Then why dose she think there invited with Alice, Perry, Jimmy and Lucy?”

“I didn’t invite them.” He said annoyed at the accusation. “No wait she’s wrong it’s next week they’re coming next week the week after we move in.” Lois looked at him and realization dawned on him. “We were supposed to move in last week.” He looked at the foreman who quickly left.

“What are we going to do?” Lois said trying to get to her feet Clark went to help her. “Look at this place it’s a mess, I’m a mess I look like a beached whale.”

“Shh sweetheart I’ll handle it, I’ll handle it.”

Later that night Clark wakes up to find himself alone he goes downstairs to find Lois sat on the floor sobbing. Rod Stewart sings ‘Have I Told You Lately’ playing in the background.

“Lois?” Clark asked, “Honey what’s wrong?” He helps he up and hugs her.

“I’m going to be a terrible mother.” She sobbed.

“No sweetheart. You’ll be terrific.” He hugged her close and they slow danced to the song as he sang along slightly off key.

Have I told you lately that I love you
Have I told you there's no one else above you
Fill my heart with gladness
take away all my sadness
ease my troubles that's what you do

There's a love that's divine
and it's yours and it's mine like the sun
And at the end of the day
we should give thanks and pray
to the one, to the one

And have I told you lately that I love you
Have I told you there's no one else above you
You fill my heart with gladness
take away my sadness
Take away all my sadness
fill my life with gladness
Take away all my sadness
fill my life with gladness

Three days later Lois and Clark and Clark’s parents (Who have come to stay ‘til after the baby is born.) are all sat at the breakfast table.

“So have you decided on any names?” Martha asked.

“No we can’t agree. Clark what do you think to Thatcher?” Lois looked at Clark and knew the answer. “Guess not.” The there is a report of an earthquake in San Francisco on the TV. “Go!” Lois ordered but he hesitated. “Go I’ll be fine I have your parents here.” Clark spins into the suit and kisses her.

“I love you?”

“I Love you too, be careful.”

“Always.” He flies out the door.

Clark returns home six hours later he really needed to draw some strength from Lois. There had been some people he was unable to save. He landed out side the door, spun into his black jeans and white t-shirt then went in to find a note on the table saying that Lois had gone into labour and they’d gone to the Hospital. Clark spun back into the suit and flew to the hospital.

He landed in an alley, spun out of the suit and ran into the hospital up to the reception desk.

“My wife was brought in, in labour Lois Lane-Kent.” Clark told the receptionist.

“You want to follow the red line to maternity.” The receptionist said pointing at the re line on the floor. Clark followed the line at a run he skids to a halt when he sees his father, Ellen, sam and Lucy all sitting in the waiting room looking very sombre.

“What’s happened?” He looked at each of them. “Where’s Lois? Ellen? Where’s Lois?”

“Oh Clark my little girl.” Ellen sobbed and Sam put his arm around her.

Clark looks at the door and goes in he looks at Lois body laying on the bed. She looks like she is asleep. Clark takes slow steps towards her he takes her hand and puts it to his cheek and kisses it, then he puts his other hand on her head strokes her hair and kisses her forehead tears running down his cheeks and on to her face. He then collapses on the floor and cries.

An half an hour later he comes out of the room his eyes all red and puffy and has his glasses in his hands. Martha comes out of another room holding a small baby in her arms.

“Look Clark, it’s a girl a little.” Martha said forcing a smile. Clark looked the baby then at his mother showing know emotion.

“I have to go we’re having a new dishwasher delivered.” Clark walked away “Lucy could you drive me home?” Lucy got up and followed.

Clark is standing in the kitchen while a delivery man wheels in a large box. Lucy is stood with him.

“Where do you want this?” The man asked.

“Just leave it any where?”

“Fine sign here.” He handed Clark a clipboard and Clark signed and then the man left.

“Clark…” Lucy tried to speak.

“Could you take those bags?” Clark indicated to bags of baby stuff.

“But won’t you…” Clark just turned his head. “Sure. Are you going to be O.K.?”

“You can go now.” Lucy looked at him unsure not wanting to leave him alone. “I just want to be alone. Just go!” Lucy reluctantly left. Then the phone rings and the answer machine picks up and Lois’s voice comes over it. Clark ran over to it and stopped it he dropped to his knees at the coffee table and began to cry he looked at the at the coffee cup with Lois’ lipstick mark he up turns the table everything crashes to the floor.

TBC

whinging whinging whinging

Thanks for the love
Thanks for the guidance
Thanks for the TARTAN PRIDE HA!

Can't Stop Me Now - Rod Stewart - Time 2013