Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
LaurenW Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
... I was left with a tremendous fanfic itch. BanAnna said over in another thread that "Superman Returns" has a fanfic feel, and I got that vibe too. I loved the movie, but the way it ended, with all the questions left up in the air, I had to go to the archive for a scratch. I looked for stories sharing certain elements and themes with the movie and came up with a few:

"Cause and Effect" by ML Thompson
"It Happened One (Super) Night" by Wendy Richards
"Love Disabled" by Tank Wilson
"Ad Astra per Aspera" by Becky Bain

This probably makes the third or fourth time I've read those stories (they're fantastic!), and I thought I'd share my list with other people who walk out of the theater also feeling a certain itch. There are probably tons more stories that deal with ...

!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
SPOILER SPACE for those who haven't seen the movie yet
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!

a) Clark returning to Lois after a long absence
b) and/or finding out she's got a child -- or is going to have one -- when he perhaps thinks he may not be the father
C) and/or finding out she's moved on to another relationship
d) or all the above.

But I'm way behind on my reading. Years behind. Um, anybody have any other recommendations? smile

I'm actually not that keen on stories where Lois or Clark move on, but in the case of the story I'm recommending above where that happens, it worked for me. (Sniff)

Thanks,

-- Lauren

Merriwether
Merriwether
Hi - thanks for the story suggestions. After the movie I had an urge to read something that reflected/complimented what I watched.

As for the movie, I went on the 7th (twice) and the 8th. Too busy/full/bad seating. I ended up watching it on the 11th!

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
"Cause and Effect" by ML Thompson
"It Happened One (Super) Night" by Wendy Richards
"Love Disabled" by Tank Wilson
"Ad Astra per Aspera" by Becky Bain
Thanks for posting these. I'd never read "Love Disabled" or "Ad Astra per Aspera"

Both are very well written. "Ad Astra per Aspera" was very moving.

I saw the movie the first day but was disappointed over all. Lois was well done but both Clark & Superman missed the mark in my mind. I did think that the way they played Richard reminded me so much of Dean's Clark that it left the movie Clark looking lame.

They made Richard White such a good guy, he's there for Lois, Jason, Clark and even Superman. I don't see how they can get Lois & Clark together in the next movie unless they kill off Richard.

In fact I think they will kill him off and after his death, Lois will need time to heal so she can't get back together with Superman in that movie.

So sometime in the third movie, assuming they make it, she will reach a place where she & Clark can become closer.

Patrick

Framework4

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard