Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Krissie Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Here is part six, and it's quite a long one. Hopefully you'll find something to enjoy here. Constructive criticism is also appreciated though, you know? smile

I'll try to get the next part up on Monday, but as I'm going away for the weekend, and I'm not sure what time I'll be back on Monday evening, you may have to wait until Tuesday. Just thought I'd better warn you.

Chris

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

How, he wondered, had she managed to track him down? In all the excitement of last night and this morning, he'd not thought to give her his address, only his phone number. Clearly, though, her sources had come through for her again.

He opened the door, his smile broadening into a delighted grin and said, "Come in, come in! I've only just got in myself, and I've put the kettle on, if you want a cup of tea."

He turned back, expecting her to follow. The brief curious glance she cast over his apartment was not lost on him, but she made no comment to indicate whether or not she approved of what he'd done with it. "We don't have time for tea," she said, all business. "I need you to come with me."

CJ turned around, his expression a question. "Where to?"

"I'll explain on the way."

CJ shrugged, but didn't protest. Instead, he swept up his jacket from where he'd left it hanging over the banisters and, pausing only to lock his front door after him, he followed her back down to the street.
He never turn off the kettle. eek

More soon, please.

MAF laugh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
Looking good... wink It's all starting to come together!

Post more soon!

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Chris,
Nice new segment!! smile1 )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
nice post, chris. smile i like it that jimmy caught on to the rescues. too bad he doesn't have any evidence to back it up...

curious about this rodriguez. wonder if he's just one of those little details or if he'll turn out to be a minor subplot or some kind or something. guess i'll have to wait and see, but i'm watching you, rodriguez. laugh

looks like things are falling into place for the mistrial. nice. hope it actually works out as planned. not only would cj get another chance, but the planet might gain some much-needed readership...

the investigation into the jury is going nicely. great job with the detail work there.

oh, about the cars... the problem with going "oh, it was a lincoln; must be lex!" isn't that lex also owns a bunch of other cars. it's that more people than just lex own lincolns.

also, since lois is alive, the charge would be "attempted murder," not murder 1.

i'll be interested to see if he does turn out to be innocent of the earlier charges, though.

so, plenty of reasons to look forward to the next part. great job, chris! smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wonderful, Chris!

There was something about bouncing ideas around with him that felt right, but she had no idea why that should be. After all, she hardly knew the man. Besides, why had she never before noticed any sense of connection when she'd bumped into him?
I found her confusion here a little puzzling. She knows now about the relationship of the other Lois and Clark, doesn't she? So wouldn’t that occur to her? Actually, I would have expected some thoughts from her on that - does CJ expect their relationship to turn out the same way? Is he thinking of her as his soul mate? Does he expect her to be a substitute for another woman? And perhaps some digging in of the heels against any such expectations, real or only in her own head. I can't remember seeing any reaction from her on these points after CJ filled her in on the alt universe, but I could have missed them, so apologies in advance if that's the case.

Poor CJ - I shared his frustration at having to try to work with a corrupt legal system. Soul-destroying.

CJ shrugged, but didn't protest. Instead, he swept up his jacket from where he'd left it hanging over the banisters and, pausing only to lock his front door after him, he followed her back down to the street.
I see others have already spotted what I was going to point out here. goofy You didn't say, but I presume that CJ was using his powers to heat the kettle? If not, he might want to take a couple of seconds there to go switch off the heat under it before leaving. <g>

Oh, it gets better," crowed Lois. "Everyone who has spoken to me says that they are prepared to go on the record with this. I've got tomorrow's front page and you, CJ, will most definitely get your mistrial."
WTG, Lois! She's handy to have around, isn't she? <g>

I thought the thread of Lois having been set up to falsely accuse Myserson in a story was a very interesting reversal of Clark's experience in Never On Sunday. Don't know if it was a deliberate nod to the show or just co-incidence, but I enjoyed it anyway.

Finally, she sighed and, committed, said, "All right. I'll tell you."
/me scoots her chair closer to the screen and waits...

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Chris

An excellent part! goofy

Some great A-plot development! clap

I can't wait to see what happens next.

Tricia cool

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
It just goes to prove that the two of them working together are a lot better than separately. I think Mr. Luthor is in for a big shock in the not too distant future. More soon, please.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Excellent Chris
I agree with Nan
more soon please
merry

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Good instalment, Chris.

Stop me if you've heard this before... Lois is the brains of the partnership. I think this little part goes a long way in proving and reinforcing that... don't you?

This Lois doesn't seem to have quite the sharp edges that our Lois seemed to have. I wonder how different her 'federal disasters' were. Like others, I'd like to see more of Lois' reactions to this 'other' Lois and Clark couple and just how that is supposed to affect her and CJ.

Tank (who figures there is going to be some major breakthrough regarding CJ and his powers but doesn't care if he does lose them soon)

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I was quite amused at Lois' irritation that CJ hadn't confided *everything*. A far cry from their relationship of just a few days ago!

Again, this continues to fascinate. The jurors forced into fixing the vote was quite chilling. One question, though: if Lois suspects Myerson might have been framed, why doesn't she suspect that the six blackmailed jurors might also be a frame? Although I suppose that Judith is either telling the truth or worthy of an Oscar nomination. It takes *real* dedication to leave your hair unwashed like that. laugh

Anyway, would he do his dirty work himself?"

"I don't know," answered CJ. "It seems a little unnecessary for him to do so. But equally, I think he did on the other world."
He did? I thought he always used flunkies. confused

Judith is a great OC. You managed to flesh her out in a just a few keystrokes. I don't know if her artistic talent will play a part in the story later, but it was fun to read about, just the same.

I love this story, Chris. Looking forward to MORE!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Krissie Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I'm sorry, but I'm going to be a lazy respondent this evening. Instead of giving detailed replies, I'm just going to say a huge thank you to you all. I do appreciate the comments! smile

Okay, I'll go back and add in a sentence to my master copy to suggest that CJ turned his kettle off. smile Curiously, it didn't cross my mind that this was going to be a problem. (It's not something my betas noticed, either.) When I thought about what you'd said, I realised that it wasn't so much an oversight on my part as an assumption that CJ, like me, had one of those electric kettles that switches itself off. He wouldn't have needed to do anything.

Those of you who commented on CJ's kettle, do you use a gas hob, by any chance? Just curious. wink

For those of you who are worried, I haven't forgotten the whole 'they're married in the other world' thing, and Lois will do some thinking, and talking, about it eventually.

Hazel: Luthor shot someone (can't remember who) to save Lois in S1. Also, after he came back to life in S2, I got the impression that he was going to get his hands dirty; he didn't really have flunkies then. (Well, he had Nigel, but he was a traitor, and in S3 he had Asabi, but I got the impression that Asabi was the kind of person who would say what needed to be done, but he didn't atually do it. In fact -- although I hesitate to mention the Argh! -- now I think about it, Luthor and 'Wanda' broke into StarLabs,themselves.)

Chris

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Those of you who commented on CJ's kettle, do you use a gas hob, by any chance? Just curious.
LOL, I don't. But, you know, I think it harks back to the series. Clark was shown using an old fashioned gas hob kettle and I guess that was imprinted on the brain when it came to CJ. wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard