Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#150783 05/19/06 02:51 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I could probably look this up, but I'm being lazy...

Was there a prison in or near Metropolis? On an island in the bay, perhaps? Or was that a fanfic idea?

What is the name of the park where Lois and Clark always went? It's on the tip of my mind but I just can't recall it.

Thanks!

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
#150784 05/19/06 03:08 AM
C_A Offline
Columnist
Columnist
1) In the Superman universe, Stryker's Island Penitentiary is a maximum security prison located in the West River, which separates the boroughs Queensland Park and New Troy (which, on LnC, was the state Metropolis is located in). I don't think it was mentioned on the show, but Stryker's Island is Superman canon.

2) Centennial Park.

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa
#150785 05/19/06 03:51 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Someone posted this a while back. Sorry, I can't remember who. It's from the comics, of course, not the show, but it's still handy for filling in location blanks that the show never mentioned for Metropolis. As you can see, it mentions Stryker's Island Penitentiary, as C_A says. And, since it also includes locations such as Centennial Park, mentioned in LNC, you probably couldn't go wrong assuming some of its other locations work for the show when you're writing a fanfic.

Map of Metropolis

An island prison, an Alcatraz type of thing, was, I believe, mentioned in one of the published LNC novels. Can't recall which one. Have a feeling it was the awful Cherryh one. Lois went on a ferry, I think, to visit Luthor there. Although I'd take that with a pinch of salt - my memory's really hazy on the details.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#150786 05/19/06 05:20 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Yes, in that novel Lois went to the prison on a ferry to ask Lex about hotel that collapsed. As for the show the prison is in several shows:

1. I'm Looking Through You - Barnes and his gang breakout.
2. Return Of The Prankster - The Prankster breaksout
3. Resurrection - Lois & Clark actually go to it to see Big Buster
4. Brutal Youth - the doc breaks the bank robber out
5. Don't Tug On Superman's Cape - The Lakes break Bad Brain Johnson out.

All of these mention the prison - mostly breakouts - and in some we even get a glimpse but I can't remember any memtion in any of these episodes as to where the prison actually is.

#150787 05/19/06 05:37 AM
C_A Offline
Columnist
Columnist
The prison in the book is Stryker's Island, but I don't recall whether the prison on the show was ever given a name. I don't think so.

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa
#150788 05/19/06 09:25 AM
Columnist
Columnist
The only thing I remember is when Perry's son comes to town. Perry tells Jimmy that he's been up in Glendale. But I think that's the name of the town, not the prison.

SQD

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard