Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#150259 04/01/06 10:40 PM
Saskia Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
It's that time of year again to start thinking about the Alt-Kerths! Now we know the Kerths are only just over, but we thought we'd give you all something to look forward to again.

We decided to step aside from our non-annual status and make it annual, especially since there are so many creative FoLC's around at the moment! We were amazed to see how long some of the eligble lists already are.

Anyway, this year, the ceremony will be on June 24th so please mark it on your calender. wink The cut off for eligibility is April 30th, so for those of you who want to be eligible this year, you still have some time left.

We will be giving out more information soon, but we thought we'd already share this much. Also, don't forget to check our brand new website: www.2006.altkerthawards.com It is still under construction, but keep checking while we update.

One last thing. We always have a special theme. And this year, it's none other than Dan Scardino!

The Alt-Kerth Committee
~Anna, Rachel, Sara and Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#150260 04/02/06 12:49 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I can't tell you how delighted this announcement made me last night! I had soooooooo much fun at the last Alt Kerths. I laughed so much my ribs ached for days afterwards.

And there have been so many terrific vids and others since the last one, I can't wait to get voting on all my favourites!

Roll on June! dance

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#150261 04/02/06 01:37 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Yay, the Alt-Kerths!

Looking forward to them! smile1

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#150262 04/02/06 01:52 AM
C_A Offline
Columnist
Columnist
The link's not working for me.

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa
#150263 04/02/06 08:02 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Ah that's great the Alt-Kerths are going to be happening!!!!

Have fun everyone.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#150264 04/19/06 10:27 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh no! I'm going to be out of town on June 24th! Waaaahhhhh! thumbsup

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#150265 04/20/06 05:37 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
The front page of the Alt Kerths website is looking very good!

I couldn't get the link to the categories to work, itnitially, either C_A. However, after I had a closer look at the url the link was trying to send me to, I managed to get where I wanted to be.

At the moment, the url is:

http://www.2006.altkerthawards.com/ategories.html

If you put a c immediately in front of ategories, it will take yout to the right place, though.

Maybe that will help you.

Chris

#150266 04/20/06 06:59 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Gosh darnit! I puzzled over that url for hours, trying to figure out where the error in it was, and never noticed that missing 'c' once! :p Thanks, Chris!

And, yes, the site is looking very cool. Love that Dan Scardino banner. thumbsup

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
#150267 04/20/06 07:09 AM
Saskia Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks for figuring that out, Chris! We'll get that fixed as soon as possible and should have more information available soon.

Well I can still vote and participate up until then. Are transcripts of the awards (acceptance speeches and announcements and such) posted anywhere afterwards?
Yes, there will be a transcript. Usually, we have it ready in about two weeks. It's a lot of fun to prepare it and read about all that we've missed during the ceremony. I also agree that you can take part in nomming and voting. It's nearly as much fun as being at the ceremony itself!

Saskia smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#150268 04/20/06 07:20 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'd definitely recommend reading the transcript for last time if you want to a/ get the flavour of the event and b/ laugh yourself silly. laugh

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#150269 04/20/06 08:13 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks LabRat for that link. I will check it out. laugh

I missed part of the Kerth awards this year, had an unexpected house guest. Has a transcript of the Kerth awards been posted somewhere? confused

Thanks! -- DJ

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#150270 04/20/06 10:06 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
There no doubt will be a Kerth transcript before too long. It takes a little bit of time to get it all sorted out into a readable form, so it's usually a few weeks after the event before it's posted.

Pam is usually the poor sou...er, volunteer, who does it, but I don't know if that's still the case or if one of the new K-Comm members is on it this year.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#150271 04/20/06 11:33 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
*licks the pretty pretty alt-kerth Banner*

...whoops! ^_^ Sorry! But he's so purdy!

And yay! I should be so totally free of the 24th of June (as of now) and since I missed most of the regular Kerth ceremony, I'd love to help if you need me! laugh

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
#150272 04/20/06 12:43 PM
Columnist
Columnist
The link that Chris posted is actually only the categories page. The home page for this year's awards is:

http://www.2006.altkerthawards.com/

Hope that clears things up. smile

~Anna

#150273 04/20/06 01:08 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah, but Chris's point is that the link to the categories page is wrongly coded from the front page, Anna. Click on it yourself and you'll see what she means.

And, yes, it's looking great!! thumbsup

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#150274 04/20/06 03:53 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LabRat I guess I have you to thank for spending the last hour and a half reading the transcript to last years Alt-Kerth awards. Congratulations by the way.

You were right. They were hilarious! I laughed my butt off for the whole hour and a half. laugh (DJ sheds a tear for the upcoming award ceremony she will miss) mecry . Thank you to whoever put that transcript together! And let me send out a thank you in advance to whoever does the transcript for this year's Alt-Kerth awards (how will they ever top H.G., Andrus, and Tempus - Genius!)for those poor souls among us who won't be able to attend.
notworthy

#150275 04/20/06 05:18 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Ah! Thanks for clarifying that, Wendy. The link is fixed now. smile

~Anna

#150276 04/21/06 04:13 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Y'know, when I heard that the theme this year was Dan Scardino, I wasn't too sure about that... but the graphic you've got is perfect, so now I'm totally set to enjoy myself. These awards have been getting better every year. smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard