Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Blogger
Blogger
Hi Kathy

I was hoping that comments on the notes would inpire you to write WMBE. COme on - you know you want to!
Please Please Please.....

As far as posting, obviously reading the full story would be WAY better than just the notes. For those of you who wouldn't want to read the notes, why couldn't you just not read them if they were posted? kinda like switching the TV channel if you didn't like what was on

Cheryl

Blogger
Blogger
one more thing. If you post, post the outline with the 91 bullets, not the shorter piece.

Cheryl

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Don't really know what to say, Kathy. I absolutely loved "When Friends Become Lovers" and "When Lovers Become More". There is probably no sequel I've wanted to see more than "When More Becomes Everything". I thoroughly respect those who don't want you to post your notes, however, because that really would be like saying that you are never going to turn WMBE into a finished story. Also I can't help feeling that those notes won't really do your writing justice.

But maybe there is enough in those notes to make for a fairly compelling story nonetheless? I think you must be a rather good judge of that yourself. Personally, I'd say that if the notes just give us a string of disjointed scenes, they are probably not worth it. On the other hand, if you have written an epilogue or a wrap-it-all-up scene that you are happy with, a scene that, along with the rest of your notes, summarizes what your story is all about, then I'd say it's better to post the notes than to let it all come to nothing.

I'm sure I don't have to tell you, Kathy, that the entire FoLC community would love to see you back.

Ann

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I realize that nothing has been posted on this thread for a month, but I was just wondering if any decision was made regarding the notes to WMBE.

-Em

"But my experience is that as soon as people are old enough to know better, they don't know anything at all."

-Oscar Wilde, "Lady Windermere's Fan"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Kathy, this is the first time I saw this thread, so I'm coming to it very late, but I wanted to tell you that you can never say you won't write another story. The last L&C fic I wrote was the nfic additions to "In the Beginning" in 2000, which was a story I actually wrote at the end of 1998. FIVE long years (65 months) of no other L&C fic--not written, not planned, nothing. In fact, if we go back to when I finished the gfic version of ItB, it was SEVEN YEARS. Hordes have arrived and left the fandom in that time and never known that I wrote fanfic.

And then something struck me, and I used the fundraiser DVD project to motivate me, and now I'm editing a 30,000 word L&C fic, half of which I wrote in 2 weeks. So time since your last fic is not the issue.

On the other hand, I never quit reading L&C fic; I never quit reading the boards (except during the 7 months after my son died), so I never replaced my love for L&C with anything else. If you have discovered another set of characters that you prefer, if L&C no longer lights up your life, then maybe you should just post the notes and forget about writing L&C fic.

Personally, I probably won't read them. I read the unfinished parts of Gorn's last story, and it just left me feeling unsettled instead of satisfied. Then again, seeing where that story was headed, it may have left me unsettled even if it had been completed. dizzy What I like about your stories is the way you develop scenes; it isn't the plot. Without the back-and-forth exchanges of dialog and the voice in the introspection, I wouldn't get what I like most about your writing.

All of that probably didn't help you at all, but I wanted to tell you that years and years of not writing L&C fic isn't reason enough to think you'll never write it again.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard