Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#149068 12/07/05 03:11 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I was wondering why the n/fanfic TOC have not been updated since the 5th? Are writer's now on there own for doing so?

Thanks, Judy
#149069 12/07/05 03:46 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, if an author doesn't start or keep their own TOC updated I do them on a voluntary basis.

I update the TOCs each week, on a Thursday, which means that everything's nicely up to date for the Index Crew on Fridays. So any delay you've noticed is simply down to the fact that it hasn't been a week since the last update. laugh They'll be updated today, as usual.

If an author wants their TOC updated on a more regular basis than that, they're very free to do it themselves. smile No rule says they can't and I'm all for anything that saves me work. wink

But I'm afraid that I don't have the time to do them every time time an author makes a new post or on a daily basis.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#149070 12/07/05 03:50 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah, LabRat started doing ToCs as a favour to authors, Judy. It was intended, I think, as a gentle hint that ToCs are appreciated and that authors should consider doing them themselves - I don't think we admins ever thought that it was LabRat's job to do it, as such. wink

And making and updating ToCs is so very easy. It takes me just an extra few seconds whenever I post a new story part.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#149071 12/08/05 03:47 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks, and I am sorry for any wrong assumptions on my part. I just saw that most of them were done by Labrat and assumed. I do agree they are helpful for readers. You rock Labrat and thanks for your hardwork!

Thanks, Judy
#149072 12/18/05 06:56 AM
S
Blogger
Blogger
S
Yes, thank you labrat. Lots. It makes finding stories I want to read from the begining SOOO much easier!

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard