Print Thread
#148782 10/24/05 05:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know this is probabally a stupid question but I may as well ask. Has anyone thought of putting a section up for fanfic that isn't L&C, or maybe just for crossovers. I just mention it coz there's a section for L&C fanfic, and a section for original fiction and nothing for other fanfics or crossovers. Just a crazy thought.....

#148783 10/24/05 05:31 PM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Crossovers are covered by the Fanfic section, I believe. As for other fanfic, I think if people want to write for other shows than Lois and Clark, they should probably go to sites specifically for those shows. That's just my humble opinion, of course. If the people who run this board have different ideas, they're at liberty to do what they wish. laugh

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#148784 10/24/05 06:03 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
If I remember correctly, what Nan said was the original intentions. Crossovers, since they deal with L&C, are welcome in the fanfic section. Other show fic would be better served on message boards devoted to that show. We have occasionally, however, talked about other fandoms fics in the Off Topic folder.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#148785 10/24/05 06:06 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nan pretty much covers it. We don't see a need to cover fanfic for other shows because most shows have their own sites which cater perfectly well for them. I think most fans would wish to post their fanfic on those sites which are show-specific and where they'll find the most fellow fans willing to give them feedback, than they would on a forum for another show entirely, where they'd get far less appreciation or attention.

There are a lot of Stargate fans here, for example. But if I was writing SG1 fanfic, I'd never think of posting here. At best I'd reach about a dozen fans of the show. Whereas, posting in Heliopolis - the major archive for the show - my story would potentially be read by hundreds of fans.

These boards, OTOH, were set up for fans of Lois and Clark. It therefore concentrates heavily on LNC fanfic, primarily.

And, yes, crossovers are always welcome in the fanfic section. So long as the cross is LNC with something else. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#148786 10/25/05 01:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, I just meant the writers here are of considerably higher talent than any other fanfic writing I've seen so I'd quite like to see them expeiment with other characters. I suppose that's covered by crossovers. Why do I bother asking these things when I already know the answers?

#148787 10/26/05 02:39 PM
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Hey Jen,

Not a stupid question. smile The Lois and Clark fandom is blessed with a lot of very talented authors and probably a lot of people would be interested in reading their writings that aren't just limited to Lois and Clark. This may not be the place for the to post it - like others have said, writers are better off posting on websites for specific fandoms. However, maybe you should considering posting in Off Topic and asking if any of the L&C authors write for other fandoms and if so where you could find their work. I'm sure most authors would be happy to post a link to their own stories that are posted elsewhere. And it might inspire people to read stories for fandoms they would never normally seek out. I know I've read stories for shows I never actively followed because the author was a friend of mine whose L&C works I loved, and plenty of my L&C friends have read stories I've written for other fandoms. It's fun to branch out occassionally but usually that information is only passed via word of mouth. If you are really interested, I'm sure a post in Off Topic would draw tons of replies!

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
#148788 10/26/05 02:46 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Any of the writers here that have other fandoms they write for please do start a thread that has a pointer to it.

Would a thread of pointers to other good fics be worth doing? It was a posting here that led me to _The Naked Quidditch Match_ fic which is very funny.

#148789 11/02/05 04:52 PM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
ya know, just for my own education, I went out on google and tried my best to find fanfic based on the third batman movie.

zilch.

yeah, i understand what jensguy is saying. I quite like dcarson's idea as a nice compromise! I personally don't have a web page, but my sister does, and i betcha if i send her enough cool things for christmas, she'd let me have a tiny corner of her page for me to roll around in the mud, and then I can post a link to it! smile1

....of course, that means I actually have to finish something..... blush

ps--- gasp! i've become a merriwether member! eeeeeeeeeee! jump

#148790 11/03/05 02:43 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Any of the writers here that have other fandoms they write for please do start a thread that has a pointer to it.
You're probably better off starting a thread asking for this yourself, I think. Would probably get it started off better. Post it in OT and i'm sure you'll get some replies. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#148791 11/05/05 07:31 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I'd like to know of other good quality 'just message' and fanfic boards. They are hard to find. Maybe I am just a poor searcher!

I am very pleased with the quality of writing and dedication of those here. For the areas I've gone to, it has not been duplicated.

If it has, can someone give me a heads up? I'd like to have my horizons expanded. This place will always be my primary happy place though smile

Has a thread already been started and I missed it b/c I am blind as a bat?

Cheers.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard