Next Thread
Print Thread
#148746 10/20/05 11:09 PM
C
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
C
This idea has been playing in my mind for a while, but I never really located my muse to attempt writing it, but wen I do I was curious as to what you guys thought of the premise of the story. I've been thinking about Lois' reaction to Zara and Ching testing Clark then telling him that he had to go and save New Krypton understandably, she was upset that these people want to take away the love of her life. However, I wondered about how she would react if she and Clark weren't together because he had broken up with her for her own good and also how do you think Clark would react and whether he would want to leave. Not only that given the fact that Lois was barely speaking to him would he tell her or would she somehow find out? I think he'd attempt to tell her, but she doesn't want to hear it so Clark gives up and she later finds out on her own and... well lets just say its just as well that Clark is Superman! laugh

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#148747 10/21/05 09:13 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
My thoughts on the outcome would be a little different. I think that even when L&C were broken up (Contact, WIEAK & JSN), they were still talking, even if it was a bit strained. Lois was very aware of what was going on with him -- remember, in WIEAK, she scrambled to go along on his rescue, even though they were fighting and in the most distant part of their break up. Even "apart", they were very "together".

Thus, I think Clark would seek out Lois's advice on the tests. She is the other part of Superman (the brains, as Ching would say; "Lois, no helping ..." <g>) It absolutely would add a fascinating twist on the story to have them not be planning their wedding, but I think it would still be terribly hard for Clark to leave her (and his family, friends, job and ... well, his planet) and he wouldn't just disappear without saying goodbye, or even make his decision without talking it out with her, even if it was just as his best friend. Lois has always been Clark's sounding board, even when they were just co-workers, and later, friends. She's also the only one besides his parents who know the secret, and thus, he'd need her help to explain his absense, even if they were no longer dating.

Anyway, just my $.02 worth ... you asked for opinions and that's what your set up made me think of. I think it's really neat twist on the story arc, though, and I hope, however you choose to tackle it, you have fun writing it!

Kathy smile

#148748 10/21/05 11:12 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
In "Connections", an alt-Clark story, Alt-Clark meets up with Zara and Ching just before Clark meets alt-Lois. Not exactly the same scenario, but the same issues are raised. smile

c

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard