Print Thread
#147762 06/12/05 04:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has there ever been a story done where Kal El can get out of his marriage to Zara by abdicating his position on New Krypton...signing paperwork and saying "she's all yours", to whomever wants her? Would a story where Krypton's traditions weren't so rigid be badly received?

TEEEEEEEJ

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, I'm not up on what's out there by any means, but even if there is that doesn't mean someone else can't use the same premise. It'll be a different story in the end from anything else out there because it's a different author writing it.

Nor do I see why this premise would be any more or less welcome than any other.

Sounds quite interesting, actually, and I'm by no means a huge fan of the NKers or fanfic about them.

Short version - you got an idea, go for it! laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Been busy with Mis-KAL, but the idea has been tickling the muse lately. I just wanted to make sure I have, one; time to pull it off if no one's got such a premise in the works yet, and two; fair warning if someone else has already done it.

Is there such a source of NK society based on fanfic? The series was pretty short about them, but I got the impression that they were ridiculously uptight. Then again if all fanfic is imaginary anyway, I suppose the premise that they might not be so straightlaced would be just as valid as any.

TEEEEEEEJ

Top Banana
Top Banana
Something like this happened in Pam's awesome story - Hearts Divided.

This was only used at the end, to resolve the story, though, so I'm sure it can be pulled off totally differently.

It's up to you how you see the NKers.

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Columnist
Columnist
I don't remember the name of the story but yes there is one similar. The main part I remember is Clark, Lois, Martha, Jonathan, Zara and Ching are at the farm waiting I believe for Lord Trey for Clark to appoint Ching his heir and sign over everything to him. Lord Nor shows up at the farm and there is a fight between Clark, Ching and Nor through the fields.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm with Lab. Even if it's been done, you'll have a different take on it.

I know I did something similar in "Truth, Justice, and the Kryptonian Way," but I wouldn't be surprised if I was the only one to remember. It was one of my first stories, it didn't come out at all like I'd intended, and, basically, it's not that good. (Remember that thread about developing styles and how we're all kind of embarassed about our early work...?)

As for NK society, every NK fic I've read has written them differently. We have hints from the series (more now than when I wrote my story, since that was the summer after BGDF), but you're free to make up the rest. I don't think there's any general agreement about any specific point. Basically, NK is kind of short on fanon, so don't worry about it.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard