Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Boards Chief Administrator
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I will agree with Kathy on creating a separate forum for the Merriweathers. However, a stable web site can go far in the ways of communication.

http://www.gowebserver.com/ is an excellent host. While we have moved servers from time to time. Riz has gone above and beyond in all situations!

There's also:

http://www.fuitadnet.com/ they come with a plethora or services.

Both of these site offer hosting starting at $5 a month.

Free sites are nice, but are not very reliable, especially when it comes to bandwidth.

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thank you, Katrina. That was a very nice and thorough reply. I agree with Kathy that a separate thread under "Fanfic Related" is adequate. It is easy enough to check that frequently. We all have been posting our comments in the separate thread. You could, for instance, start a thread "Merriweather Concerns & Issues" and everyone would post their specific questions there.
I also agree with Annette that your own stable website would do much to inform and help writers. Details could be posted once there and you could have a FAQ page.
Another helpful thing would be to utlize the UBB code when using both Lois and Clark bulletin boards. When quoting previous messages you can set them aside with [ QUOTE] text [/QUOTE ]. There is an extra space between [ and quote so you can see the command.
For instance:
It's time to submit stories for the next round of competition in the Merriweathers!

The entries will open this Saturday, May 7, and run until May 28. That gives any writer time to wrap up a story that's posted to the boards or to sort through any stories they've posted to the Archive.

On a personal note, I did appreciate your e-mail indicating you have received my submission in the earlier WAFFY category.

Here's hoping for increased participation.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard