Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#147249 04/17/05 08:52 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
If she's seeing a doctor because she's pregnant, that's an obstetrician -- who she may refer to as her OB or perhaps her OB-GYN (since many doctors are both obstetricians and gynecologists).

Yes, many OBs do ultrasounds in their offices, although detailed ones (generally done only once a pregnancy, about week 20 or so) are often done in offices devoted just to that. The average OB will have a simple, relatively low-end ultrasound machine -- good enough to check that things are proceeding normally, but not to get a detailed look at everything. (The kind an OB would have is called Level 1; the kind an ultrasound diagnostic center would have is Level 2.)

A fairly detailed site on obstetric ultrasounds.
Answers to many ultrasound questions.

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#147250 04/18/05 08:24 AM
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Over here you go see an ultrasound technician at a hospital for ultrasounds not your doctor(ob/gyn). If you go for a fetal assesment (ultrasound later on in pregnancy) then you see a nurse.

"Ob/Gyn" (pronounced obb-gin)
Here we pronounce it O-B-G-Y-N. smile

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard