Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
HatMan Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Okay, don't jump all over me just yet, but I have this idea for a story. It's looking to be a long one, with some angst/tension and a complex A-plot (the details of which, unfortunately, are still being worked out). Trying to think things through, though, I've realized that I'm going to need some help.

Unfortunately, in order to get that help, I'm going to have to give you a good expanation of the premise. It'll take a little while, and, since I'm still in the brainstorming stage, it may not entirely make sense. If you get confused or something, don't worry. Just keep reading to the end and see what you make of things.

When the story starts out, Lois is about three months pregnant. Unfortunately, much as Clark is able to charge his powers while clothed or, to some degree, even while indoors, the baby is developing powers while still in the womb.

For one thing, its kicks are super strong. That's not as bad as it could be, though, because, due to the aura effect, Lois's womb is now invulnerable. The downside of that, however, is that the uterine walls are pressing unforgivingly on her colon.

She goes to see Dr. Klein, but he's not really an OB. Lois is going to have to be hospitalized. Bernie gets her admitted to a small semi-private facility staffed by people he knows and trusts. He gives them some technobabble explanation of why her tissue is "abnormally hardened" (I'll have to work on that somehow...) and gets her set up as best he can.

That's not the end of the problems, though, because the doctors have a lot of trouble monitoring the baby. They can't do an amneo because of the invulnerable placenta, and they can't do a sonogram because, with the baby's superhearing, it causes the kid a lot of pain.

In the meantime, Superman gets attacked, and, well, let's just say he's feeling rather green around the gills. He has to be hospitalized, too.

Between his semi-conscious babbling, Lois's more than ordinary distress, and the odd nature of the baby, rumors start up again about an affair.

While all that's going on, Superman's absence means a sharp rise in the Metropolis crime rate. That is, until rumors of ever more frequent bat sightings start to have an impact.

Lois is now really torn. On the one hand, there's a huge story out there (the bat sightings plus the whole A-plot thing that I haven't really gotten into very much). On the other hand, Clark's really sick. (But if she goes to see him, it'll only fuel the rumors of an affair.) She doesn't know what to do, but what makes it worse is that she really shouldn't leave the hospital. That's frustrating her to no end.

So, that's the set-up. Now, my question is this:

How many of you reading up to this point have already caught on to the significance of the fact that I'm posting all this on April 1st?

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I didn't catch it until u mentioned. razz

Although maybe I should have, given I'm currently in my college news office, uploading April 1st edition on the web.

Anyways, Happy April Fool's day. (if there is such a greeting). goofy wave

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Merriwether
Merriwether
Paul, I'm going to have to hurt you. razz

clap

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Top Banana
Top Banana
PAUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I actually believed it till the end, but I'm going to blame it on the early hour. laugh

Kae smile (who was actually thinking it sounded like such a complicated and soap-opera-ish premise and not Paul's usual style at all! wink )

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Awww man!!! I was *so* looking forward to reading this! razz Paul... you're rotten!!!! goofy

So... anyone want to tackle this for a story? devil

Sara blush

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
πŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts πŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
LOL!!!! I was JUST thinking that it was April 1st too, after seeing the thread in the Off Topic section. But I totally didn't connect that with your post until I read your question. Lol . . . you got me for sure. Sheesh, I can't believe I was thinking about it and then totally didn't connect the storyline. Probably because there ARE writers who would write that storyline (I've read a few fics that match it for soap opera-ness), and it didn't seem that unlikely to me that someone would be considering it.
Sidetrack off of Kaethel's endnote: As to your style, I'm not sure if I know it. I've pretty much only read stuff on the Archive, and I've discovered that a bunch of people have different names on here than on the Archive, making it a challenge for me to match nicks and fics together. What are some of your fics? I might have read them and not known.

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Try looking for Zombies Ate My Homework. He won a Kerth for it last year. That should get you started.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ohhhhh, THAT Paul! (I'll have to remember HatMan = Paul-Gabriel Wiener.) Lol, I see why they said that about your style. I've read about 15 of your fics and that idea certainly wasn't anything like 'em! laugh Great April 1st joke. wink

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
Top Banana
Top Banana
LOL!!! You caught me, Paul, fair and square.

Of course, you do know that if you don't get the joke in before 12 noon, it turns back against you? And since I'm sure, what with folcs spread around the world, that quite a few people won't see this until after 12, you could be in serious trouble. wink

Yvonne

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Good. Lord! You totally had me, even after I saw a post saying that you had already started some type of April Fool's joke!

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
LOL, Paul. But it *was* shaping up to be a truly awesome Badfic. laugh
Thanks for the giggle.

c.

Top Banana
Top Banana
And I was all set to ask if I could BR for you, Paul...

notworthy

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Merriwether
Merriwether
*giggle* I saw your post, and I saw the date on the post, and thought to myself, "If anyone would do an April Fool's Day joke, it'd be Paul." So of course I read it with a grain of salt. laugh

It was funny, though. hehe

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
you totally had me, hook-line-and-sinker.

Though, this could be a really good 'bad' fic...

James

β€œβ€¦with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
You got me too, Paul.

I thought the question would be, "Would you be interested in reading this fic?" Truth be told, I was wondering whether I should tell you how awful it is or just ignore it and hope that it would go away.

Happy April 1st!

gerry wave

Merriwether
Merriwether
You are EVIL, Paul! LOL, I was totally suckered -- with the caveat that the entire time I was reading, I was thinking, "wow, Paul is really branching out ... this is not the kind of story I would ever expect him to write!"

I should have known. <g>

Kathy

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ditto to what Kathy said. You got me good. I was also thinking that this isn't your style, so I should have suspected something, but didn't. goofy

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I really, really wouldn't have minded reading that. Needless to say, didn't suspect it was a joke. (Maybe because I was one day late? laugh )

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard