Next Thread
Print Thread
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yup, it's that time again, FoLCs. We're running low on story submissions again, over here at the Archive. And the natives...er...our GEs...are getting restless. help

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I submitted Homecoming some time ago and haven't heard a word since. I guess I assumed whichever GE has it is busy with other stories ahead of it. I hope so anyway. Is there some way to find out?

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Is there some way to find out?
Well sure. Email me. smile

I guess I assumed whichever GE has it is busy with other stories ahead of it.
No, that wouldn't happen. GEs are always working on one story at at time, no more. There are occasions when a bored GE might email me and request a second story to work on - but that would only happen once they've finished the primary story and sent it back to the author and are keen for something to do while waiting for the author to get back to them.

No - if you haven't heard from your GE for a significant period of time (say longer than a week) after I've emailed you to tell you the story has been assigned out [or one week after you submit the story, since you don't seem to have received my acknowledgment email at the time], then your best option is always to email me to see if there's a problem.

I'll check my records and email the GE in this case to find out what the problem is.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey Labby! smile
I sent in some stuff a while back (days, weeks, can't remember) but I never got a reply from you or anyone, and I don't know if that's merely because my internet broke after I sent it and I had to change my e-dress *again* razz

So do you have them, or should I resend them? (To clarify which fics we're talking about, 'Flight' and 'Flying High'/'Marijuanaman' are two that should be in the batch.)

/me resists the urge to mutter a hex on whoever invented Verizon, Msn, Juno, Netzero...

EDIT: Oh yeah, I should probably mention---my new edress by the way is SongBirdMary2@msn.com
For now grumble

~•~
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nope, Mary, never received them. Send them again?

Just for future reference, I don't usually take more than a couple of days tops to acknowledge receipt of stories received. 99% of times it will be the same day I received the email.

So definitely if someone submits a story and hasn't heard anything within a week at the most it's likely I never received the email and you should resend or mail me to check.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard