Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Top Banana
Top Banana
What a great surprise it was to find this list out a couple of days early. Thanks, Kerth Committee, for being Johnny-On-The-Spot and getting the noms sorted so quickly. I've now got my reading list all ready to go. wink

Congratulations to all of the nominees. Really, the voting this year is going to be excrutiating, trying to pick a favorite.

And thank you, too, to everyone who so kindly offered a nomination for my story. Given the quality of stories on this list, it really is an honor.

Happy reading!

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Congratulations, nominees! smile As far as I'm concerned, you're all the real winners! Getting nominated is what counts in my book. Actually winning? That's just icing on the cake. wink

Thanks, K-Comm, for a quick and neat job!

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827
Top Banana
Top Banana
Congratulations to all the nominees thumbsup clap

And to those who weren't.... there's always a next time. Thanks to everyone for providing this lurker, reader and non-writer fabulous L&C fics dance

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
J
Blogger
Blogger
J
Coming out of the deep, deep depths of Lurkdom to say -

Congratulations to all the nominees!!!!! evil

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
smile1 Thanks for the nomination and thanks to everyone for their kind words over the past several months. Congratulations to everyone on some great stories I have read and some ones I'm about to.

-Michael

Did is a word of achievement
Won't is a word of retreat
Might is a word of bereavement
Can't is a word of defeat
Ought is a word of duty
Try is a word of each hour
Will is a word of beauty
Can is a word of power

--Author Unknown
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Holy... I was away on business and I found Sara's e-mail in my box to go check the LCFic boards when I got back. Oh my goodness!!! Thank you all so much for the nominations, I am completely floored smile

Thanks again! This just about made my century, hehe smile

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Just wanted to say a quick congratulations to all the nominees! Voting is going to be tough. A big thank-you to the awesome Kerth committee for all their hard work! notworthy

Congrats again, guys, and good luck at the ceremony!

Tracey smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Congratulations to all the nominees and kudos to the committee for all their hard work! smile Got lots of reading to do, looking forward to it! wink

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Phero-Moan My Lovely by Mary Potts
hyper hyper hyper
<gasp>
Thankyou! Thankyou! Thankyou! Thankyou! hyper hyper

Seriously: Thank you (see, Julie? two words wink ) to everyone who voted for me! love

Sweet mother of Shuster, now I have to write a speech! thud

~•~
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
Wow! Reading through those nominations, I realize exactly how far behind I am on my reading. (Me rubs hands in delight at the idea of the exciting reading which awaits me)

Thanks for the noms. And congratulations to all those who were nominated.

wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Kerth
Kerth
Congrats to nominees!! hyper

P.S. Labby!! Where is the pin? dizzy

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Erin:
I'm just curious as to why the Nominations aren't up on the Kerth site yet when the schedule of dates said it would be up yesterday. Remember, not everybody who participates in Kerth comes to this site too.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Top Banana
Top Banana
Coming in late here to say CONGRATS to all the authors!!

Well deserved!! BRAVO!!

~Liz ==> off to do some reading!

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
OMG smile1 And I see so many favorites, I won't know who to vote for... and a few stories there are now on my immediate to-read list (Wendy's easy read page makes that so much easier though, so thank you, Wendy! laugh )

Okay, back to it smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hi, I'm new and just had to join to reply on this thread. wink
Yay, I'm so happy so many of my favorites made it! I had forgotten about the Kerths until several days into the nominating process, and spent the last week reading all the eligible fics and evaluating them. laugh It was lots of fun and I discovered some really awesome fics in the process. But wow, I had no idea how long it took to read 200 fics, even speed reading like I do! (thankfully I'd read a few since December, when I discovered the Archive) Especially such long and GOOD ones as some of the above.
Nan, now why do you think you have no chance? Lol, your Wedding series is SO amazing. Probably my favorite of all your stuff.
Jenni, for not having any other eligible stories, A Gift for Life really makes up for it--I thoroughly enjoyed that one--the subject matter was fascinating, as I remember a Reader's Digest article awhile back about a family who had another child to save their eldest daughter.
LynnM, your story was one of the first I read in my long stream, and I was amazed--it is incredible. I really enjoyed it.
Aria, I have to say I loved Waking a Miracle, and am proud to say that I was one of the nominators. laugh
And Wendy, every time I see your name on something I think "oh, this one's going to be good", and I'm never disappointed. wink When I started reading L&C fanfic, you and Nan quickly became my favorite writers.
But there was SO much good stuff, it was incredibly difficult just to narrow down for nominations, even. I used a 1-4 rating system and rated only the 4s and 3-4s, and even then, I ran into serious probs with finding the best overall 'cause there were just too many 4s! (and the 4s are the ones that just blow me away when I read 'em--absolutely outstanding)
And then voting . . . that was agony. I at least narrowed it down to only those fics I had nominated, but there were still groups of 4 fics I'd have to go through and decide on, which took a long time--I understand LabRat's pain with the Best Overall category, lol. Very very hard--all the authors did such a great job, and it's been incredibly fun to read their handiwork. Thanks for providing readers like me with a chance to visit L&C-dom!

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Welcome, Doranwen! It's always great to have new FoLCs around here. And well done getting all those fics read in time for nominating! thumbsup You've got great taste in reading, too; you've mentioned a number of my favourite writers in your list. And thank you, too, for the lovely compliment. blush

Hope you enjoy it around here - don't forget to check out the Fanfic folder for new fic. Nan's just finished posting an excellent story called Nuclear Option. smile

Oh, and if you can make it onto IRC for the Kerth ceremony you'll have a wonderful time. laugh If you need any help getting onto IRC just shout - we'll be happy to talk you through it.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Welcome, Doranwen! And fantastic that you're so enthusiastic about the Kerth Awards. We always have a lot of fun this time of the year, and I second Wendy's invitation for you to join us on irc, especially for that special night. smile

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thanks! I'll probably need the help too--I have never done anything with IRC before.
L&C fanfic is a lifesaver to a speed-reader like me. The main difficulty with reading things quickly is that they are soon done--and I have to go scrounging for more to read. In the matter of books, I have read most of the interesting ones in the library, I'm afraid, lol. And so I've turned to fanfic, which is neverending and wonderful. laugh And some of it is better than the books in the library. *thinks "Masques"* (which is probably longer than a lot of 'em!)
Anyhew, when I looked at the list of eligible fics, my first thought was "OK, I read fast, let's see if I can't read every one of 'em and type a summary and rating in a file to copy for each eligible category." LOL--I had no clue what I was getting myself into. It took hours and hours to get through them all--but how I loved it! And even though I saved some time by not re-reading the really long ones I'd read before, I couldn't help myself with some, like the Wedding trilogy. So that helped satisfy my need for reading material for a long time, even after the week was over. And I still have the rest of the Archive to go through--I'm up to the middle of the Gs in Author names now. wink
I forgot last post to thank the people who are part of the Kerth Committee--the ones who sat and went through every one of the nominations, and who are going to tally up all the votes. Thanks so much for all that hard work! I appreciate it.

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey, Doranwen, nice to see you finally made it to the boards! smile And I'm very glad you're enjoying the Kerth process so much; that's really what all the fuss is about -- all of us having fun! And it's posts like yours that make all our hard work worthwhile smile

Yes, try to get on IRC ... we'll get a thread started sooner or later about all the basics. Ask all the questions you've got; we're getting good at helping newbies make it online goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi again smile

Well, if you've never tried IRC, then you might want to get in a little practice before Kerth night. wink Assuming that you're on a PC, you need to download mIRC - you'll get that by going to www.mirc.com. Once you install it, you need to connect to an UNDERNET server, which is where the channels FoLCs use are located.

There are two main IRC channels where FoLCs hang out. The one I and most people here use is #loisclark - you'll find information about it here . If you go there and complete the signup form, one of the channel moderators will send you the password information so that you can get connected.

As to how to get connected, take a look at this thread and scroll down to the second post by Elena. She posted some graphics showing exactly what you need to do with mIRC to get into #loisclark.

If you have any other questions, feel free to post on the boards or email the #loisclark moderators at loisclark@annesplace.net. Look forward to chatting with you!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard