Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#146233 01/09/05 09:22 AM
eppie Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Due to hectic school, work, etc., I've not been keeping up with LC fanfics lately. However, over the holidays, I've been rereading some of my favorites, which led me to wonder whether a Masques sequel was still a possibility. I remember after finishing it, Labrat mentioned that we might eventually hear more about Alex and Eve...don't mean to nag, but I'd love to see a sequel to this excellent fic! smile

#146234 01/09/05 12:33 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hey, Eppie. Well, thanks for the interest! I'm glad you enjoyed Masques enough to want one! goofy

I wouldn't rule anything out. I really fell in love with Alex and Eve while writing Masques and I'm not at all sure I'm finished with them yet.

However, as far as the Muse is concerned, so far all she's come up with has been one half-scene indicatiing Alex and Eve mught just have gotten themselves into trouble out there in Jamaica...and zip else. No plot ideas, no snatches of dialogue, no little half moments...IOW, none of the elements I need to get started on a story. :p

Still kind of hoping though that one day she'll whisper something in my ear. I'm sure that those two can't possibly just ride on into the sunset without some trauma cropping up. wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#146235 01/09/05 07:48 PM
Kerth
Kerth
SDB is first!!! goofy

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#146236 01/10/05 09:24 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL, Jose. The Muse is even less interested in finishing Second Degree Burns - even though it's probably the file with the most done on it on my hd. wink

LabRat (who hasn't labeled that story The Story From Hell without good reason goofy )

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
#146237 03/28/13 05:56 AM
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
I posted that I was looking for stories with a strong A-plot and someone (member #15 or something) recommended Masques.

Read it. Was drawn in to the story. Read it some more. Was amazed that in my normal reading mode, Arial 6 point (big monitor) single spaced half inch margins, it's still 175 pages long! Stayed waaay too late at the office reading it. (big monitor!) Finally finished it and I agree, I want more!

Thanks for a great story Labby!

Shallowford
#146238 03/29/13 01:14 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Alex and Eve return?

My friend, that would be quite the story!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#146239 03/29/13 01:40 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Woah - this was an unexpected encounter when I came into the boards! eek

Shallowford, thank you! I'm absolutely delighted that you enjoyed it. I had had second thoughts after reccing it to you and was less sure that it fit your criteria.

Morgana - I think if I was still writing, it would definitely be that one. Never did get anything else from the Muse though. That one and a half scenes are still on my hd, plus a couple of notes that I worked out in casual conversation with other authors, way back when.

Thanks again, guys. Quite made my week! sloppy

LabRat smile

The Musketeers

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard