Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#145919 12/04/04 08:02 AM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
i have this story about lois and clark, well it's about the jl but the charcters will need additional help needs a title please help:

lets invite everyone
well can she join in
girl talk
those are the title i'm stugglind with now i'm open to anything thks help grovel blush

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
#145920 12/04/04 10:23 AM
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Sorry, but after reading this twice, I have no idea what the heck you are trying to ask. Maybe some punctuation and capitalization would help . . . or something.

Just a suggestion.

- Laura

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
#145921 12/04/04 11:00 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
what does "jl" mean? confused

wave

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#145922 12/04/04 11:15 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yes, I agree with Laura. laugh

Don't be shy, you can badger all you want. goofy

BADGER BADGER BADGER goofy

#145923 12/04/04 11:40 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Well, even though I don't know anything about it, I assume that "jl" means "Justice League". I know that has some connection with the comics/cartoon series.

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#145924 12/04/04 12:08 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
How about "Join the Party"?

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#145925 12/04/04 12:44 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
JL can mean a few things.

Just leave?
Justice League?
Just Loosers?

Or JL can have a meaning that I should not say twice b/c this isn't nfic. "JL" stands for drinking, comedy and hot girl....yeah that's where I'll end.

It depends what circle you are in. I never use it and I am also totally confused as to what you are referring to and what you want help with.

Don't worry about having to keep your posts so short. It isn't like instant messaging on phones where you have to keep it short. People love the English language here.

There are loads of people here that would love to help you out! A fresh mind, fresh ideas? Go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope to hear from you!
ill c u rnd - I'll see you around.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#145926 12/04/04 12:51 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
After looking at it for a while...

I'm going with this as my interpretation! Hope you don't mind. You said you need help. Let's figure it out and get your show on the road! I'm all for more fan fic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumbsup

I'm anxious soooooo I.....

Is this what you are asking?

Lets Invite Everyone
Well Can She Join In?
Girl Talk

Those are the titles I'm struggling with. I'm open to anything. Thanks.

Well it depends what your story is about? What is the premise? Do you know what a BR is?
A person volunteers to help you with your story. It is more one on one - more indepth. You can hide behind the scenes with your story and reveal it to the anxious public whe you are ready.

I'm not very good with punctuation and grammar. My immagination likes to run away most of the time. There are FOLCs out here who apparently rock at this BR business.

I have an idea of what it may be about.

Who is the main character?

hyper hyper hyper Can hardly wait for your reply hyper hyper hyper

#145927 12/04/04 03:01 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
thk you for your replys and yes it does means justice league so right as i type trying to start with the beging so wow. and super roo can u join me when i get though thks. cool thumbsup

#145928 12/04/04 03:05 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
also new title Matters at Hand and my grammer is not good ethier goofy

#145929 12/04/04 03:09 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
also i'm going the included batman (Bruce Wayne)
and wonderman (Diana) hyper

#145930 12/05/04 01:06 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hey, LoveSuper. Just so you know, for future information - no need to start a new post if you have something to add to an existing one. Just edited the existing post instead.

See that little icon that looks like a pad and pen at the top of your post? If you click that, it'll let you back into your post. All you have to do is make the changes you want, then hit 'edit' and that's you. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#145931 12/06/04 03:58 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
thk u lab rat

o.k. guys be very easy with this while i'm still making my other one.plz. anyway the characters don't belong to me ect. ect. ect.

Herble esstinse
by: lovesuper97 latonya

lois just came home from work from a tired and stessful day at the Planet. She waited around for her husband to come but he didn't. she upstairs and started to take off to take off her clothes and started the shower. Once inside she couldn't find her shampoo she used her husband. " He wouldn't mind " she thought to herself. When she started to lather her hair, she felt this over power scention. that couldn't stop. Yes, yes,yes that feels good, she said out loud. Then her clark flew in and heard her. He was puzzled at first. So he peek in using his x-ray vision to see. What he saw was shocking and decied to join her. Now see what happens when u used my shampoo. He leaned in and kiss her passionly.

sorry so short first time hope u like it.

plz reply blush smile hyper wave

#145932 12/07/04 08:32 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Hey, lovesuper!

rotflol That is absolutely hilarious! What is it about that commercial that makes everybody want to make fun of it? My friends and I did for weeks!

Now, most people post their stories in the Fanfic section. If you do that, a lot more people will be able to see it and appreciate it and help you on it. BTW, if you ever need a Beta Reader, I'll be glad to volunteer! Not that I'm bragging or anything, but I'm quite good with grammar and punctuation.

Cya!

Sarah
P.S. Instead of "Herble esstinse", try "Herbal Essence".

[Lucius is trying to get his wife to tell him wear his Super suit is in 'The Incredibles']
Lucius Best: This is about the greater good!
Honey Best: I'm your wife! I'm the greatest good you're ever going to get!
#145933 12/07/04 08:57 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Herbal Essence and Lois and Clark? laugh

Great idea, I agree, polish it on punctuation, etc and you have a great piece. laugh

rotflol

#145934 12/07/04 02:58 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
thk you both and sorry about grammer and yes i do need a BR i'll love thanks thumbsup

#145935 12/08/04 12:43 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
To submit your story to the Archive, LoveSuper, simply send it to me at the eddress below.

Normally, I would have to ask you to find a beta reader to tidy it up and correct as much of the grammar and punctuation before you submitted it.

But as it's just a paragraph long, I'll edit it for you myself, this time.

If you could eliminate as many errors as you can before submitting it to save me time that would be appreciated. Putting it into paragraphs, losing any text speak (u for you etc) and running it through the spellchecker on your pc, for example - just the basic stuff - would be an enormous help. smile And good practice for your next venture. <g>

LabRat smile
Editor-in-Chief
The Lois and Clark Fanfic Archive
labrat@blueyonder.co.uk

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
#145936 12/08/04 12:25 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
thks labrat i just add some more to it before i send it. (tenn) i need you as a BR and some more ideas to the story help

#145937 12/09/04 12:15 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
i need you as a BR and some more ideas to the story
Archive General Editors (or GEs) are slightly different from beta readers, LoveSuper. GEs generally don't comment on plot or character in a story. Or brainstorm plot ideas. Those are things beta readers generally do for an author.

All they (we - although I don't do a lot of GEing these days as EIC) do is edit for grammar, punctuation errors and typos and get it ready for uploading to the Archive website. smile

I would normally love to help you out as a beta - I love beta reading - but unfortunately at the moment I don't have the spare free time to take on a new author. frown

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#145938 12/09/04 01:33 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
(tenn) i need you as a BR and some more ideas to the story
Was that for me? blush yay! Just email me at onaromanholidae@hellokitty.com and we'll make this baby a masterpiece! wink

SSRarh *whoa*

[Lucius is trying to get his wife to tell him wear his Super suit is in 'The Incredibles']
Lucius Best: This is about the greater good!
Honey Best: I'm your wife! I'm the greatest good you're ever going to get!
#145939 12/18/04 02:07 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
laugh Very comical! Thanks for the giggle!

Grammer and punctuation may be very boring, but they add to the emotion of a story. Spaces, paragraphs, !? and other stuff can pump a story up to the next level of wow. It can be fun learning how to get an idea, mess with it, put it in MS Word, or something, to see how you can make it better so you can express you idea more clearly and make the reading more enjoyable, relaxing and less work for the reader to interpret. Sometimes when you edit - spell check and so on - more ideas can pop into your head.

I wish I could come up with ideas, like you did. To me that is the hardest part. My imagination left me when I was about 21. English may be my first language, but I still have a lot of work to do - so you are not the only one!! Keep rockin' and working on your skills and I know I'll be there to read 'em!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard